Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"I don't get why the girl I live with who I slept with a couple of times and am constantly cuddling and hooking up with and who I'm constantly telling I'm doing everything in my game for her is clinging to me so much. She must be a crazy stalker. I really want to bone her friend from outside the house. Is that too much to ask?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I might be done with this season if that’s the track they’re taking.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"I just think we need to separate for our games because we're getting a lot of heat?"
"Like what kind?"
"I can't say, but I hear it from people."
"Like what people?"
"We're just spending too much time together."
"Don't you spend as much time with Holly?"
"Look... I have a headache..."
"Peace out, douchebag."

I like Kat now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm like... genuinely surprised/annoyed that they cut out the house meeting.

Did I expect them to be honest and show the many, many times Jack ranted about how much he hates Kemi and what a "stupid loving bitch" she is and how "toxic" she is and that THIS is why he put her up and not some nonsense late game revelation of an alliance? No.

Did I expect them to show how Jackson was hooking up with Kat just days before that breakup and that he spent at least a week hooking up with her and telling her how much he cared about her while telling everyone else she was a clinger and he hated her and twice trying to get her evicted? No.

Did I expect them to mention that Jack and Jackson have both been so toxic and nasty towards Kemi and David that they've both been called into DR and been given warnings about their words and actions? No.

But did I expect them to air a house meeting called by the new HOH that directly affected the new twist of the game? Yeah, I sorta did.

BB is bullshit.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 8, 2019

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

STAC Goat posted:

Bull loving poo poo if BB leaves out the house meeting from the edit.

poo poo. I missed this. When was it so I can go read your recaps on the other thread (who should not be named).

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Do they ever show the really bad stuff? I feel like last season’s stuff with Bailey and J.C. was the first time racial/homophobic issues have gone beyond the feeds. It’s possible I’m misremembering.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They rarely show the random poo poo talking and vulgar or offensive stuff unless it directly affects something that happened in the game or house that they have to include in the story. Paulie, Frankie, JC, Amanda, Andy, Paul, Cody and Jess, and plenty of others have gotten huge protection from their actions just like Jack, Jackson, and others are now.

But the house meeting wasn't random behind the scenes poo poo talking or bullying or a random conversation, it was a house meeting directly affecting the week, David's game, and showing the HOH and his majority alliance flexing their influence on the house. I thought for sure it was a necessary part of the edit and I'm a fool for not thinking BB would cut it to protect Jack and Co's image from looking like the bullies and possible bigots they've appeared as on the feeds.

Snowmankilla posted:

poo poo. I missed this. When was it so I can go read your recaps on the other thread (who should not be named).

It happened right after HOH/the live show and you can find it here.

The long and short of it is that within an hour of HOH Jack called a house meeting to tell the house that David shouldn't be allowed to talk game with anyone and that anyone who he tries to should come to HOH and the house and tell them so he can't spread lies. Christie, Jackson, and most of the rest of Gr8ful backed him on it and got everyone to publicly agree because they couldn't speak out against the HOH and his majority.

Its incredibly bullshit that it wasn't included in the edit since it directly came out of the big twist from Wednesday and David's game/narrative, directly tied to Jack's HOH and the tone of the week, showed how David so quickly came to understand the dynamics of the house, and showed how Gr8ful are low key bullying the house into a fear of opposition or open gameplay. A clear and transparent decision to protect the stars of their season from their own bad behavior.

They even cut out the worst of the Jackson/Kat/Holly story and the only reason it made Jackson and Holly look bad on TV is because its impossible to spin "I want to dump you so I can bang your friend." But they sure went out of their way to try and make Kat look like a crazy clinger and not someone who Jackson had repeatedly hooked up with and sent mixed signals to.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 8, 2019

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
The fact that they've never mentioned the two people in the house who knew each other from the outside anytime after episode 1 (I don't even remember exactly who they were), can I assume that means it was an accident from lazy casting?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a mystery becasue they're not the only people. You're thinking of Christie who dated Tommy's aunt. But Holly and Kat know each other two and there's some question that Holly and Jackson know each other.

There's a theory that there was a couples/duos twist they were going do with partially with vets and they abandoned it when fan response was bad. There's another fan theory that a lot of these people were pulled over from Love Island at the last minute to explain all the hook ups. Personally I just think its BB casting being INCREDIBLY lazy.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

There's another fan theory that a lot of these people were pulled over from Love Island at the last minute to explain all the hook ups.

I hope this is the case and they were extremely bitter when they had to watch the Love Island advertisement

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Apparently we all loved BB20 so much we get everyone back this season.

edit: And David manages to have a nearly 99% accurate reading of the house in a couple of hours.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 11, 2019

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am very sad that David was knocked out so early.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess is not a smart BB player.

I mean, I'm not sure anyone is this season. But she's bad.

Except David. David clearly has a brain.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Have they explained why David hasn’t told anyone else besides Ovi?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Have they explained why David hasn’t told anyone else besides Ovi?

We saw him talking to Kat about it a little. He's talked to some people about generals but mostly he seems wary of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person because, well...

STAC Goat posted:

Bull loving poo poo if BB leaves out the house meeting from the edit.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I get the feeling he doesn't have high hopes for the people outside the majority alliance based on that DR.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, if you walk into the house and immediately see a group of people controlling everything and saying "THERE ARE NO ALLIANCES! THERE IS NO GAME! DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN!" and everyone else is like "What do you mean there are alliances?" then you're just gonna get real worried if saying anything has any positive benefits.

Like, its gotta be like walking into some dystopian sci fi film or something. Everyone's a pod person, they're always listening.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I get the guy had a tragedy but I’m a little surprised that we didn’t get ANYTHING of him talking to Aguaman about how to use the veto.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I honestly don't think he ever had any kind of actual talk with Jack about it. Sam didn't want to use the POV, he knows Jack HATES Kemi with a passion, and all of Jack's allies were like "You're not using it, right? Kemi's a cancer who has to go." I think he was sincere that working with Kemi made some sense to him but it made more sense to him to just not piss off Jack and his alliance. And Jack spent all last week ranting and raving that Kemi was "a stupid loving bitch" who he "hates" so even talking about it with Jack might have upset him.

Because as David illustrated the house dynamics are pretty clear. People aren't blind to them, they're just deluding themselves to keep their heads down and hope it works out that someone else does something.

And the show's efforts to protect Jack are creating holes like "did Sam talk to the HOH?" that don't really exist.

Hell last week's whole thing with Sam talking to Christie about using it was kind of a distortion too. Sam knew he was using it the second he won because Christie and Co had all been openly plotting Kemi getting backdoored and Sam knew going in that was the plan. That conversation only happened because Christie changed her mind.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 11, 2019

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Copy that, it is eviction day so I will catch up on the Spoiler Thread.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Ah, I love that type of gameplay where one half of the house picks off the other side week by week, while the other side hope that by floating by, they’ll be missed because they aren’t paying attention to the obvious alliance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not even sure what Love Island is supposed to be.

Like... I guess its BB UK but without the pretense of a game or activities or anything besides watching pretty people make inane chit chat?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So apparently the point of Love Island is to watch pretty people sit around in bathing suits making empty small talk and then viewers vote to send a couple of them on a date where they put some clothes on and make empty small talk while the people who weren't voted on sit around and make empty small talk about how not salty they are they weren't voted for until the people on dates get to be slimeballs and ask someone else on a date mid date for DRAMA.

I really hope none of the people who know how obsessed I get with Big Brother saw me watching this. THAT would be embarrassing.

Ah well...

Previously on Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Brother...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP_SdjD5ms

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

It's more like "Previously Biiiig BrotheRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Robnoxious posted:

It's more like "Previously Biiiig BrotheRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

Note taken.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

A Campy Kami will not help The Jack Squad.
The best part about Camp Comeback is they can observe and David is dialed in 110% to what's going on.
All he has to do is dish.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Analyse is "exotic"?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Cliff's Boring Feed Talk Montage

Lol Christie eavesdropping.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cliff with the age old strategy of "just tell everything you're doing in the game in a clear, loud voice in the most heavily trafficked place in the house."

Christie with the age old strategy of "learn some information so immediately run to tell everyone everything but knowledge is gossip."

We got good gamers this year. Glad we got rid of that dummy David.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Oh my god, I have no faith in this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And now Kemi with the age old strategy of "when your ally betrays you after telling you about the other side of the house working together make sure to betray her back to the other side of the house because that can help... somehow."

And once again BB being completely full of poo poo and pretending Gr8ful haven't been scheming against Bella for 2 weeks.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Bella is stupid as gently caress.

Loose lips and all of that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why is she doing this?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Some A+ gameplay happening tonight.

E: oh my god, Jack

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sam officially becomes the first person in this episode to make a rational conclusion when getting new information.

Robnoxious posted:

Bella is stupid as gently caress.

Loose lips and all of that.

She is but like... getting Sam and Kemi as allies to take down Gr8ful is smart. Betraying them TO Gr8ful when you get scared is stupid. Pick a plan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm actually kind of surprised BB let us see Jack mess up that badly and stupidly. They've covered him all season so far.

I guess they like Sam's DR too much.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Sam officially becomes the first person in this episode to make a rational conclusion when getting new information.

She is but like... getting Sam and Kemi as allies to take down Gr8ful is smart. Betraying them TO Gr8ful when you get scared is stupid. Pick a plan.
If Kemi bounces it's a crapshoot that she resurrects anyways.
Nicole is already on to her.
Bella is making no effort to play up to David or Ovi.

This is a badly played and constructed con job.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Robnoxious posted:

If Kemi bounces it's a crapshoot that she resurrects anyways.
Nicole is already on to her.
Bella is making no effort to play up to David or Ovi.

This is a badly played and constructed con job.

Yeah, but she told Kemi that stuff last week. The BB narrative is a complete mess.

Don't get me wrong, I 100% agree that Bella's game is a complete mess. But I don't think leaking info to Kemi and Sam that they have to target the cool kids is the mistake. Its like everything else she's done that's made a mess because she's a panicky, scared player.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Kemi gonna bounce and then Scorched Earth begins...

Fun Feeds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Robnoxious posted:

Kemi gonna bounce and then Scorched Earth begins...

Fun Feeds!

It will just be Kemi and Bella yelling at each other while Jack and the cool kids sit back laughing.

I saw that show last season.

And FOUTTE might have actually been smarter players.