Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

BGrifter posted:

So like a lot of people I’ve been going a little crazy in quarantine and to kill some time I rewatched the masterpiece that was Big Brother All-Stars. Truly some of the most brilliant gameplay in the history of any of these reality game shows.

Like a total dumbass I thought “Hmmmm I’m a few seasons behind on Big Brother, maybe I should catch up?”. I skimmed through the second half of season 18 to confirm that I did watch it, then started on season 19.

Oh boy do I have feelings about season 19.

I hated every single moment of it for 37.95 episodes but AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD THAT ENDING.

Paul is loving awful at this game and I spent the entire season hating him. Production handing him a free MONTH at the start of a game where he was the only vet against a bunch of tomato cans was absurd. It felt like watching Coach/Boston Rob as returning players on two of the worst seasons in Survivor history, except with an even bigger production thumb on the scale.

I had totally resigned myself to that dipshit winning when one of the dumbest players in the history of Big Brother took him to the final two...

...and the jury was so freaking bitter they awarded the win to that knucklehead. :stare:

From a pure gameplay perspective that entire jury should be pretty embarrassed, but drat it was satisfying watching the production golden boy go down in flames at the last possible second. Even after bringing in Dr Will to try and talk them into not being bitter. Hilarious.

Now dear god I hope I never have to see Paul on my TV screen again. gently caress that clown and his Dollar Store Evil Dick impression.

An hour ago I was convinced I’d just skip S20 and S21, but now... I’m kinda tempted to at least start S20. Maybe I’ll queue up the premiere and see how it goes...

If anyone has any fun feeds-stories from S19 I’d love to hear them.

20 is a huge step up, probably the best post-14 season. 21 is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

STAC Goat posted:

I think I might actually put BB6 as worse just because I really can't think of any high notes or good moments. BB21 is terrible but it has (a) two of the nicest houseguests cast in BB history and (b) one of the single most universally loved weeks in BB history. It also had a couple of rare instances of genuine apologies. Unfortunately nearly everything else is kind of terrible and horrible.

But as best as I recall at least no one mocked someone's suicide.

I suppose as I think of it the best way to describe the difference between the two is that BB6 is like a whole house of assholes being assholes to each other and BB21 is a large alliance of assholes being assholes to the minority of the house. So I can see how people might digest BB6 easier but I can also see why someone might find it easier to have someone to like on BB21.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of BB9, not BB6.

BB6 is the one with Janelle and Kaysar etc. versus the "Friendship." Lots of high notes and good moments and is generally considered one of the better seasons even though the bad guys ended up winning.

BB9 is the irredeemable winter season one with no good guys, where someone mocked his castmate's father's suicide and said she should follow in her father's footsteps, and was won by a guy who ended up going to prison for many years.