Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
It's amazing how much of a tactical error Ovi made. If you've paid attention to this game over the past, like, 5 seasons there is always a 6-8 person alliance in week 1. And it's always started by 2-3 jock types and their cool friends.

I feel like if you haven't been invited into an alliance by day 3, your best bet is to start organizing the rest of the misfits in the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Yeah, I think that's the correct play. Assume there is a large alliance, lay low and create a hypothesis of who's in the alliance, and see if reality supports the hypothesis.

My main point was that going to the obvious "cool kids" group is probably the riskiest play.

And i don't know if I ONLY have the benefit of hindsight and knowing all the real dealings going on, but in some of these interactions where Ovi is talking to someone he thinks he can trust, the other person is putting out really obvious signals of bullshitting him. I'd like to think I'd be able to pick up on that. BB requires people to lie and act, and I cant imagine most people are very good at it.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Am I losing my mind? "Michie" was Jackson when the season started, right?

What the hell happened?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Has the house divided into real life political factions this year, as they have the last two years? I feel, in my heart, that Jackson has to be Trump supporter, but I would love to be wrong about that.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
The fact that they've never mentioned the two people in the house who knew each other from the outside anytime after episode 1 (I don't even remember exactly who they were), can I assume that means it was an accident from lazy casting?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
The last several seasons of this show have beaten me down into basically needing to filter my experience of BB through spoilers in the other thread.

I would love to watch the show and have genuine suspense at the outcome of a competition, but these days it feels like around 90% of all outcomes are worst case scenarios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I feel like the broad strategy of the game has shifted (for the worse). Back in the day you always had two or more distinct sides that would battle it out, often with a see-sawing of power week after week, and then floaters playing the middle. I recall BB6 being possibly the most extreme example of this dynamic. It was the most enjoyable type of game play to watch because you would have low times and then great catharsis when your preferred team won.

Recently the game play has been one near-majority alliance, usually structured around shallow notions of popularity and social status, and everyone on the outside desparately wanting to be included. These people get strung along until they are inevitably picked off one by one

This show desperately needs another all star season, and I can't believe they haven't done one in 14 years.