Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
nooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
edward sucks because he's so ineffectual and he never does anything. i read wuthering heights for the first time last year and heathcliff owns because he's completely loving mad and just on a constant crusade to destroy the lives of literally everyone around him except the one person he can tolerate, who's also completely loving mad. all the other characters would be having nice normal lives if he weren't there, he drives the whole plot with nothing but pure irrational spite and an inability to let things go, ever, until everybody who's ever wronged him in any way is dead. it's great. meanwhile edward just mopes and occasionally runs really fast. it makes the hosed-up stuff like sabotaging bella's car all the more jarring because those are like the only times he ever really shows any agency or personality, when he's being a lovely controlling boyfriend. whereas heathcliff is a nutcase from beginning to end so by the time you get to the eleventh or twelfth awful thing he does you're just like lol that's our boy

nankeen fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jun 24, 2019

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
ps i love kstew

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

chitoryu12 posted:

Also while I’ve read little of EL James’ stuff, something many people have noted is that the writing by Meyer is far more competent outside the rape.
i'm quite liking the actual style of the excerpts, the content is another matter but meyer is not bad at setting a scene

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
thank you for doing this, i never got around to reading those drat books so it's enlightening!

chitoryu12 posted:

Robert Pattinson was threatened with firing for playing Edward as too sullen and angry, so they sent him a copy of the book with every case of Edward smiling highlighted. He sent the book back with every case of him scowling highlighted. Power move.
this is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
:geno: opening its mouth and vomiting smaller :geno:s