Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Pattinson spent the entire commentary tracks for the DVDs completely making fun of the entire thing and himself. Some of it honestly rivals the Rifftrax.

https://ew.com/article/2009/03/23/twilight-dvd-ro/

"Pattinson: I bet you that everyone would hate me. I mean, I just look at me walking around with, like, my little peacoat on, little customized peacoat…."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Probably part of why the books inspired so much fanfiction. Even EL James looks at this and goes "I can do that. I can do better than that."

And yet Stephenie Meyer blows EL James out of the water with plot, characterization, dialogue, descriptions, pacing, grammar, everything. It's not calling Meyer good, but that's literally how terrible James' writing is.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Bella mentioning her CD player reminded me that Meyer had her own playlist of songs that she used while writing her "very visual, movie-like" book.

https://stepheniemeyer.com/the-books/twilight/twilight-playlist/

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

quote:

I should point out before we meet them that Carlisle is the only member of the Cullen family to never kill a human being. All of them, Edward especially, have a high enough body count to be considered mass murderers.

Rose only killed 7 people in her life, and that was all revenge-motivated and she's never once drunk human blood. Her record is pretty good for a vampire.

Which makes all the whinging about newborns being unable to control their thirst in the later books pretty stupid. There's two in this clan alone that can point out that that's wrong.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Freesias aren't mouthwatering. Bella should smell like a rare prime rib or a bag of pennies to him.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

quote:

“Wrong again,” he murmured in my ear. “You are utterly indecent—no one should look so tempting, it’s not fair.” 

RaspberrySea fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 20, 2019

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I still think Rose counts as being just as good as Carlisle. She's never drunk human blood either and she's never slipped and accidentally killed people. Only straight up done it on purpose.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Remember when she decided to make a short spin off book of any character she wanted, and instead of picking literally anyone more interesting than Bella, she wrote a story about Bree Tanner? The second most irritating teen brunette with boy crushes in the series. gently caress, even Tyler would have been more interesting.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Or literally any single vampire in Breaking Dawn.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
They must have left out all the parts where Jasper takes out an entire school and Alice has to stage a freak gas line explosion to cover it up every time he loses his poo poo at a kid getting nailed in the face with a kickball in gym class.

Also Emmett would totally have a birthday party every year. Don't him and Rosalie have multiple weddings just for the parties and for another excuse to knock down a house with their vampire loving?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

I hate to disappoint you, but this series never has vampire hunters or anything of the sort. I'm not even sure if they get mentioned.

Carlisle's dad and his ragtag Pastor gang I guess. I don't know exactly how they fight them though, as Twilight vamps have pretty much no weaknesses for a human to use.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Jasper's emotion powers. And Aro and Edward can't read her mind, but Alice can read her future and Marcus can read her relationship status. It never made sense to me either. What's the difference between Jasper mentally affecting her mood and Jane mentally affecting her pain receptors?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
So far the weirdest thing is finding out Meyer's least favourite food is shepherd's pie, while her favourite is beef and potatoes.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Does this treaty cover injections of syringes of vampire venom? At least one of the Cullens should have a law degree by now to finagle their way out of this rule.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I like how there's so little plot or tension in these books that I'm not sure if we're in the epilogue of the last book, or the new one has started.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Meyers is right up there with JK Rowling with overexplaining nonsense outside of the books to answer questions we didn't need answers about. Wizards wear robes so they can easily take dumps in the hallway! Vampires can blink because their venom also lubes up their eyes!

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Has Meyer ever talked about what happens to a gay guy who imprints on a woman or if guys can imprint on guys? Cuz I'd like to see if her thoughts on that would rival Anne McCaffrey's Pern when it comes to homosexuality.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I love how every side character and society is so much more interesting than Bella, and yet when Meyer did a novella in the Twilight universe, out of all the possible options for a protagonist? loving Bree Tanner, the mousy brunette teenage girl with boy problems.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Do you think the Jasper embroidered on the tags of his clothes are from the costumer or it's just exacting detail for the character? Because I like imagining Esme sewing the names of her kids' on their new school outfits for decades.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
God wait til the next book where they introduce like, 50 new and fun sounding characters but gently caress you, reader, let's hear some more from Jacob instead.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I'm just side eyeing at both Alice and Rosalie wearing long silvery white gowns to someone else's wedding. I can see Rose doing it to be a bitch, but I thought better of Alice!

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
This thread will never die, just like the sparkly vampires we all love so much!

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Someone post the screencap from the movie where Kristen Stewart is looking at her new baby bump in the mirror saying that it's impossible, but it's just her perfectly flat stomach. I literally laughed at that part.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Honestly loving losing it over here at the mention of the rainbow bridge.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2496478/twilights-gregory-tyree-boyce-is-dead-at-30

RIP guy who almost smushed Bella and then disappeared right after that.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
WHY IS EVERYONE SHOCKED BELLA CAN GO WITHOUT EATING PEOPLE

Canonically, there are already two other vampires in the loving coven that have never drunk human blood in their lives. Carlisle and Rosalie both went through being a newborn and never got overwhelmed by bloodlust and drank anyone. Dunno about Rose, but Carlisle was hiding in some dude's house while he transformed and would have been around way more fresh blood when he turned newborn. Bella had actual months to prepare for this and everyone is like ohhhhhh shiiiiiiit how are you doing the same thing that 2/7 members of this family have already done. That's loving craaaaaazy, Bella!

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Rose straight up curbstomps 7 guys to death as a newborn and doesn't drink any of them, while Bella doesn't drink one hiker after getting a whiff from far away. Whatever control Bella has, Rose has to have far more. Edward is just being a dick here.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Grammarchist posted:

This is a good point, I just completely forgot there were somewhat interesting characters in an elliptical orbit around this story.

That's literally the back half of this entire book, really.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
So do none of the female hybrids have venom at all? Don't the Twilight vampires use venom in their bodies to basically heal all their permanent injuries and give them the super strength and junk?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Weed and sex worker references in one chapter? Gasp, was this in the original leaked draft?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Should I write a novella in my universe about the Egyptian man who can control the elements, or the Native woman who is the only female werewolf in her pack, or the African women with illusion superpowers?

No, we need another view from a mousy white teenage girl with boy troubles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Just like how Jasper is cool with Bella bleeding out in the backseat behind him, but she gets a literal paper cut in the next book and he tries to kill his whole family in order to get a taste of that sweet blood.