Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
This is a Good LP, and it inspired me to install the game again! It's one of those games that I've started to play half a dozen times, but never finished. Possibly because I am bad at stealth. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
I've been continuing to play along with the LP, and managed to finish Framed without too much trouble - it was actually a lot less punishing than I remembered it, even without being able to knock out guards. I think a lot of it has to do with the level being very well designed with this in mind, with predictable guard patrols, plenty of hiding spaces, and infinity water arrows to allow you to move around pretty much the entire level in darkness.

It especially stuck out to me how the level is quite tightly designed, what with having much clearer goals and immediate objectives than the previous levels. Especially the warehouse one overstayed its welcome a bit when I was playing it, since even after knocking out every single guard I still had half an hour of running around which was mostly backtracking. Even more so since expert difficulty kinda requires you to hunt for secrets, which kinda feels like a remnant of an earlier generation of games.

I've also started on Ambush!, which is a level I've always had kind of mixed feelings about (and its been the reason for me to put the game down at least a couple of times on previous attempts iirc), but I'll probably say more words about it once I'm done with it. The LP is getting into the levels I haven't played several times myself now, so still really excited to follow along!