Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Playing this now. A couple takeaways:

- You can hold B to run to make previously impossible jumps. Felt like a genius when I realized this.
- You can bypass entire levels through clever exploration and "warp zones". Scary cuz the levels get a lot harder but exciting
- Collecting 99 coins will grant you a 1-up. But it takes a long rear end time.

Share tips here. Frankly Im getting frustrated in equal measure to the amount of fun Im having. I will never play The Lost Levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It sucks when you have 80+ coins and you take a risk to get some more, and you end up dying stupidly, making your entire quest for coins more or less worthless. I also hate Cheep Cheeps and Bloopers. I dont get why you suddenly fall faster in some parts in water levels. Guess it keeps you on your toes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Playing this makes me feel like Castlevania NES is going to be a complete nightmare.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

herculon posted:

Just look up the path to take on 7-4. The game offers no hints on where to go

Ill probably be in the grave long before I ever get to 7-4.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Super Mario Bros. 2 is going to blow your mind dude.

I’ve heard this was released in Japan under a different title.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What determines whether or not fireworks go off at the end of a lvl?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kongming posted:

Game was pretty tame in the beginning. I clear a few levels, no big deal. Then they stick you in this dark castle with some spooky as hell music with lava and fire everywhere. Well I overcome my nerves long enough to get to what I think is the end when this fucker shows up out of nowhere...

:stare: What the hell Nintendo? Wasn't expecting to have to lose sleep over a drat video game.

In Training posted:

These loving assholes need to look at how an elevator works in real life for ONCE. I just went down a pipe and wound up in the sky. For. The. Third. Time.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Recently did a small mario only run. Was pretty epic. Good luck OP.

How the gently caress...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

It was like 2 years ago. And I streamed all of it. If you missed it that's your problem. Might do another one if I can get through Turdstained and have time before Mario Maker 2 comes out.

I don’t want any spoilers.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

You know those brick blocks that give you coins? Turns out you can hit them more than once for more coins. This isn't explained anywhere in the game. Guess you're just supposed to figure it out! Christ.

I just realized that they’re like the money rocks in Animal Crossing where you have to hit them as many times as possible in a short frame of time.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Got to World 4 without a warp pipe :stoked: :sax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

While doing small Mario only I got to W7 without using a continue. With enough practice I could see a 100% Small Mario No Continues run being possible but it's Mario Maker season now.

Huh... got to wonder what sort of physical/emotional deficiencies you have to balance out beign so good at games. Well, congrats anyway.