Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Chicago Dogs are a new, indy league team that play in Rosemont. They have insanely cool hats and most importantly they have Carlos loving Zambrano, serving as occasional relief pitcher, pinch hitter, and DH. Here's the schedule: https://thechicagodogs.com/schedule/

Home Games in June
They are in town this week, including this upcoming weekend June 28-30.

Home Games in July
The Dogs go on an extended road trip with only three home dates in mid-July. They are back for a homestand from July 24-29.

Home Games in August

They play the first two weekends in August and finish with a home series at the end of Aug to the beginning of September.

Let's find a day that works for most people. I assume weekend games are more convenient (I work in the NW burbs, so weekday games are also easy for me, but I assume it's a pain for people to get out to Rosemont from the city to make a 7:05 start).

PUBLIC TRANSIT: You can take the blue line to Rosemont and get a Rosemont Entertainment District Trolley to the game.

Promotions: There's a "Friends and Family 4 pack" promotion with 4 tickets, 4 hats, pizza coupons, and a fireworks show on Saturdays June 29, July 27, Aug. 10, and Aug. 31 for $36 total. Otherwise tickets run from $9-25.

Post here if you'd like to go. I think either this coming weekend (June 29 and 30) or the last weekend in July (July 27 and 28) would be good, assuming it ever stops raining.

SCHEDULING INFO

Please go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Gu8EdJsJpN7UKfJm2u7v0QevqAA6U_PXIUDrtXm944/edit?usp=sharing to fill out availability so we can find the game that best fits most people's schedule. Mark an X on games you cannot attend. Let's try to get a date by the end of the week, Friday, June 28.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I'd be happy to go but the Chicago Dogs' home schedule days conflict with home games for the White Sox until August. August 2, 3 or 4 work best for me if you're looking for preferences.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I think the Saturdays like 6/29, 7/27, 8/3 are my only options. Of course that could change bc my life is chaos.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

In order to make scheduling easier, I've made a google spreadsheet, available here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Gu8EdJsJpN7UKfJm2u7v0QevqAA6U_PXIUDrtXm944/edit?usp=sharing (link added to the OP). Please write in your username and put an X in dates where you know you cannot attend.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m down. I have a newborn that I’m trying to get to a game sometime this year. A Dogs game is going to be a lot easier than a Cubs game to try out. I’d prefer he July or August dates, but don’t plan around me though. I’ll put my preferences on the list.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
August probably works best for me. July is almost certainly a no go as I'm closing on a place that weekend. I'm playing a ton of baseball thru the end of July as well, so weekends are spotty.

But whatever dates we pick I'll almost assuredly be there as long as it's not the July weekend.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also I faced one one of the current Chicago Dogs pitchers to start the season and he struck me out so I hope he's pitching and I can boo him.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Ah hell, I'm literally in town next weekend (June 28-30), but I already have plans. Don't count on me for anything set in stone since I live downstate, but I went ahead and marked the dates I could head up. Can't do any Sunday games at all because I have to head back home.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm out of town the first two weekends in August, but the rest seem pretty open for me.

So far, it looks like 8/31 is the only date that works for everyone on the sheet.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm out of town the first two weekends in August, but the rest seem pretty open for me.

So far, it looks like 8/31 is the only date that works for everyone on the sheet.

Wait, crap. I can't make the 31st. I gotta work on the 1st.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

July or August here.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Put my dates in the doc.

I am judging you extremely hard for making the X when you CAN'T go.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Poque posted:

Put my dates in the doc.

:same:

Got around to putting my dates in, was on phone last night.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
oh lol, poo poo i misread that. I was marking the days I could go with an X.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:yeshaha:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

Put my dates in the doc.

X IS FOR NO!!!!!!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Thank you for color-coding the sheet. Still have a couple more days for new people to sign up, but it's looking like 8/31 or 9/1 is the best date so far (sorry Miz Kriss :()

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I assume that this weekend is out in general (if I do any baseball it'll be Twins/Sox, but Pride is also this weekend.)

The later dates will probably be okay though.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
added my availability to the list, don't post too often in baseball threads but im a goon in chicago who roots for the right team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GAME DAY

It looks like the last weekend of the season, August 31 and September 1 are the dates that can accommodate the most people. The Saturday game is at 7:05. It's eligible for the Friends and Family Four Pack ($36 for 4 tickets, hats, pizza coupon, and postgame fireworks). Sunday is a 6:05 game. It is bring your dog to the park day. I would guess the Saturday game is easier than a Sunday night game. The games that weekend are against the St. Paul Saints, currently leading the American Association's North Division and they literally have a player named Burt Reynolds.

If you would prefer the Sunday game, post here.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I would prefer the Saturday game. Are you buying all the tickets together and then we pay you? I notice that the 4-packs for bleachers are $36, OF Reserve for $48, and IF Box for $64. I'd be willing to shell out the extra $7 to get the nicest seats, but that's up to everyone else if they want to as well.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I would prefer the Saturday game. Are you buying all the tickets together and then we pay you? I notice that the 4-packs for bleachers are $36, OF Reserve for $48, and IF Box for $64. I'd be willing to shell out the extra $7 to get the nicest seats, but that's up to everyone else if they want to as well.

That's an excellent question. I suppose it makes sense for me to get the tickets so they're all together. I also am not married to the four-pack thing, but I think if we've got the numbers it's a pretty good deal.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

We should probably get a final headcount. 9 people marked themselves as available on the sheet, but rickiep00h posted in the thread without marking on the sheet. Once we get a final number and how much people are willing to pay, then it might be easiest to just call the group sale number at (847) 636-5450 to figure out which option is the best.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Saturday game August 31st would be my preferred day. I'm fine with whatever seats we wanna go for, price difference isn't that much.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

8/31 will work for me, I would need two tickets or I can buy my own.

Not sure if this is a good option, but I doubt the game sells out. Would we want to meet there and get tickets at the park? I’m fine with getting tickets ahead of time too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Neutral here!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
The 31st game is in my calendar! Hyyype

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'm down for the 31st, as well as preferring infield seats. I'd need all 4 tickets in a package, as my spouse and kid are both idiots for free baseball poo poo and we will easily find some other goober that'll eat ballpark food. Even if goons are involved.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Since we have a date set now, maybe we should set up a new sheet where everyone can post how many tickets they need and which section ($9 Bleachers, $12 OF Reserve, $16 IF Box) they would prefer. Since people are bringing SOs and kids, we'll probably need to contact group sales, which should be an even better deal on tickets than the family pack.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm open for whatever, only bringing myself.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Since we have a date set now, maybe we should set up a new sheet where everyone can post how many tickets they need and which section ($9 Bleachers, $12 OF Reserve, $16 IF Box) they would prefer. Since people are bringing SOs and kids, we'll probably need to contact group sales, which should be an even better deal on tickets than the family pack.

:yeah:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I vote see about a group rate for 8/31. For headcount purposes I’ll need two tickets.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Let's get a head count in the next few days, and I'll call group sales. I'll haveva doc up tonight for that.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I'll need two tickets, i vote we blow our income on THOSE INFIELD BOX HIGH ROLLER SEATS.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ChiTownEddie posted:

i vote we blow our income on THOSE INFIELD BOX HIGH ROLLER SEATS.

:same: :homebrew:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Please post pictures of any and all Carlos Zambrano sightings.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’m in for one on 8/31

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's a shame I can't make it, but ya'll have fun without me :unsmith:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We get an “executive suite” for the Windy City Thunderbolts every year at work. It runs $29 a person with the all you can eat/drink (soda) which ends up being a good deal when there’s the air conditioned part for hot days, a decent bathroom, and it’s such a small stadium you’re close as hell anyway. I wouldn’t suggest it for this as I’m sure Dogs suites are more expensive, but if you get a big enough group, suites at rando bush league parks are reasonable and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
For what it’s worth, I vote against a suite. Ballgame isn’t a ballgame if you’re in a separate, indoors area in my opinion.