Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How good is parking there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

There is a parking garage right next to the stadium. Last year it only cost $3 to park.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

You can also take the blue line to Rosemont and either walk 1 mile to the stadium or take the free Rosemont Entertainment Circulator bus (Rte 811).

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

You can pay me with cash at the game. Otherwise, I have Quickpay, which we can work out over PM.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Are we going with the baseball oafs thing because "League of Cubsposters" is an option I just thought of

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hey now :mad:

"League of Cubsposters and a Brewers fan"

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

iospace posted:

Ahem.

Plus my girlfriend is a White Sox fan.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

iospace posted:

And a Cardinals fan and a Twins fan

But just like on the forums, Cubsposters consume all :getin:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I would happily be absorbed by Cubsposters.

I mean, what is a Twins fan but a Cubsposter for a different team?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Awful lot of midwestern team fandoms. It’s casseroles all the way down.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

HOTDISH

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pancakes posted:

Awful lot of midwestern team fandoms. It’s casseroles all the way down.

That reminds me, are you going to bring some frozen pizza to taunt the native Chicago folks with? :v:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

iospace posted:

That reminds me, are you going to bring some frozen pizza to taunt the native Chicago folks with? :v:

My girlfriend ate them all. :negative:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Smuggle in a bottle of Malort

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I went to the first Chicago Dogs game ever and I remember tallboys being pretty cheap for ballpark beer. :cheers:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm extremely excited for this y'all

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

When and where should we meet? Since we all need to be there to grab the tickets from Mangles before going in, it'd be nice to show up on the earlier side.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Mangles do you know the cost per ticket?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

R.D. Mangles posted:

Just a reminder that i am placing the order this week and if you are on the spreadsheet you will owe me $14 per ticket.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

When and where should we meet? Since we all need to be there to grab the tickets from Mangles before going in, it'd be nice to show up on the earlier side.

I'm pretty sure there is only one entrance, and that is on the southwest corner of the stadium next to the parking garage. We would probably all have to meet there. I'm not able to, but people could go to the highly fashionable Rosemont entertainment district beforehand and walk/shuttle over to the game.

Probably a long shot, but can we pick them up from the box office so Mangles isn't stuck waiting for any late people? My hope was to get there not later than 6:45 anyway, as long as my babysitter shows up on time.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'd much rather show up way early than risk the chance of being late, since there will inevitably be some stragglers. I was thinking like 6:15 or 6:30 at the latest.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll probably be heading down from MKE around 4 then.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Weather update, because I'm a nerd:

quote:

Saturday
A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 72. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Saturday Night
A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Omfg I’m an idiot and thought the game was tomorrow and not Saturday. I started a new job and I’m hosed for the game.

So rd mangles I will need to pay for you for my 4 tickets somehow unless other folks have extra people they wanna bring who are willing to buy those tickets

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh that sucks, man. if anyone wants to bring anyone that's fine. i'll let you know if anyone grabs them. PM me for payment details.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

So can we all get to the game at 6:15? That's the time I'd feel most comfortable with. I have several Chicagoons' cell numbers, but we can also use this thread to coordinate exactly where we're all meeting.

Carlos Zambrano started on Monday, so if they're on a 5-man rotation, there's a good chance we'll see him pitch.

Also I'd like to point out that the Chicago Dogs are managed by Butch Hobson, which is pretty much the best baseball name ever.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I likely can't be earlier than 6:30, but I'll try to get there earlier than that. I have Mangles number though, I could text him if everyone goes into the park before I get there.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Cubs game today, Dogs game tomorrow. This baseball life is oooookay. 6:15 is fine by me. Kevlar, want to grab a beer at Green Eye before we go?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
wow ok

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lol RIP

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

You can come too
Probably

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've got an end of season party for one of my teams prior to the game and it's out in the burbs but I'll duck out early and try to get up to Rosemont around 6:15

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Pretty sure I can get my fam there by 6:15.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

All of you better not make me regret taking my wife along to meet people from the internet at a baseball game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My gf ended up going to Detroit for the weekend so I have a spare ticket if anyone wants to use it (I'm still paying for it of course).

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Please no one remind my girlfriend that she can do better.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I have asked a couple friends if they want any of these extra tickets. So just let me know if they get taken so I don't promise them a ticket that's already gone.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pancakes posted:

What hat will you wear?

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have asked a couple friends if they want any of these extra tickets. So just let me know if they get taken so I don't promise them a ticket that's already gone.

Let me know also if folks are gonna come, my gf and friend are considering going too but I’d defer to you and your buddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pancakes posted:

Meeting a group of other Goons will only help her accept that it could be so much worse.