Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Julias posted:

Yeah, if it was traditionally animated or if the CG looked better I'd probably Highlight it, but I don't think I know anybody who's expecting it to be a good adaptation:(

gently caress

I really want that series to get a good adaptation. It deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'll check out Fire Force and Dr. Stone but I'm not expecting to keep an interest in either of those. What I'm really looking forward to is Vinland Saga, and then of course whatever smaller scope shows seem to catch on in this thread. Those usually end up being pretty good.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

Slime Isekai performed amazingly for a civ 5 isekai; Dr Stone should be fine.

Going by all the financial info...Yeah. That and it's been rerunning for a while now.

For me it's Fire Force, Grandbelm, Takagi-San, and I'll have to check what else looked good.

Edit: Totally forgot Danberu which should fill the Chio's School Road shaped hole in my heart.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

kanata no astra was a decent sci-fi manga that told a complete story in a reasonable amount of time. more manga should have focused <100 issue runs.

danberu will obviously be the aoty.

i don't know how the hell el-melloi can even be adapted to anime. even the manga adaptation didn't really work. whenever anyone does or says anything the story takes a break for an extended lecture on various esoteric subjects. this often happens multiple times in a single scene. i've gotta check that out.

and for those that don't know, the fantasy single dad show later goes full usagi drop. so uh, no.

Please don't remind of that. It was such a cute series then I read that and it ruined my day. ☹️

That was WAAAAAY back when Batoto was still around. I'm actually kind of shocked that this is getting picked up AT ALL.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 24, 2019

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This summer will be the summer of Dumbbells and DanMachi for me. Symphogear too if I can catch up in time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder if that Mom Isekai will be any way decent.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Grouchio posted:

I wonder if that Mom Isekai will be any way decent.

You already know in your heart that the answer is "no."

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I think someone in this thread or the Anime one linked the manga at some point and... eh, not really, as far as I saw

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's just not funny, and it really needs to be.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Oooh, an anime version of Kanata no Astra!
That could be good. It was a very tight manga, so I hope they manage to adapt it comprehensively.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Julias posted:

Risky Pick: Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo.
Risky Pick: Joshikousei no Mudazukai:
Risky Pick: Sounan Desu ka?

Same for all three tbh

Other than that...
- Continuing Carole & Tuesday and Demon Slayer from the current season
- Fire Force and Kanata no Astra look like they might be interesting
- DanMachi season 1 was okay, I'll probably give season 2 a try

The PVs for Dr Stone and Vinland did nothing for me, but people seem pretty hype, so I might check them out at some point.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSNfkLAxFK0

good luck yuuko

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Wasn't the board game anime also supposed to be this season? Or is this next season?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

cave emperor posted:

Wasn't the board game anime also supposed to be this season? Or is this next season?

Yeah that's what I thought. Also chihayafuru. Guess they're next season

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cop Craft is just Bright: The Anime

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
There was a preview for the first episode of Araburu Kisetsu no Otome Domo Yo and if you want to watch an anime about a bunch of nerdy/milquetoast high school girls wrestle with the psychological side of adolescence (but not in the Ikuhara way) then check it out

The preview cut right off at the... I don't know if this is a euphemism or not, because the scene in question cuts off before the actual reveal at the climax of the first episode so I'm going to at least check the first one out to find out what happened

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

I'm going to try these four to start out with, and wait and see what you all think of the rest. I had no idea Maidens of a Savage Season was getting an anime, not sure how I missed that but sweet.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Will also check out O Maidens in Your Savage Season. I just read chapter 1 and I am here for the awkward sex comedy.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Idols!

Ensemble Stars is huge, and hopefully the anime does it justice, 'cause I ain't planning to play yet another jp gacha game to find out what the big deal is.

I can't say I've heard of Re:Stage, but it's got a handful of idol seiyuu from other things (imas, LL PDP), it's idols, and the name of the big competition in it makes me think of the pretty rhythm series (no relation, though), so into the idolw@tch it goes!

Other things'll probably be good, too, I suppose, even if they lack idols.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Splode posted:

Yeah that's what I thought. Also chihayafuru. Guess they're next season

Chihayafuru was originally going to be this season, but they announced that it would be delayed to fall a while back. Considering how long people have waited for season 3, I'm sure most of them are happy to wait one more season so the final product can turn out much better as a result.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its been so long, the vas for their teachers have both died!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

(no relation, though)

Oh, I did wonder about that, I meant to check but I was at work at the time

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Is it really that bad?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Terrible Opinions posted:

Is it really that bad?

It hasn't aired yet, it's just a joke about the premise.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Bright is just a rip-off of shadowrun, so calling it a bright the anime isn't really a negative thing.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If I have time I'll check out Bem and Vinland Saga.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms Zombie Gundam short sounds absolutely wild though.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It hasn't aired yet, it's just a joke about the premise.
Hey Plutonis might have strong opinions on the source material.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
definites:

kengan asura
vinland saga
one piece stampede
opm ova
mp100 ova

will try:

bem
cop craft

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
There's a lot of fantasy shows this season, maybe some will be worthwhile aside from Vinland Saga

Plutonis posted:

That's what I'm thinking, but maybe it'll be good?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ensemble Stars has the same director as King of Prism, so it’s gonna be lit

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

Ensemble Stars has the same director as King of Prism, so it’s gonna be lit

hell yeah!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1143781871278444549

:bignews:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ISEKAI QUARTET SEASON 2 LET'S GO BOYS!!! :bandwagon:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

yeah, a vampire-themed idol group is pretty big news.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:woop:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mamoru Oshii to tell his first joke in 25 years... exciting

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I made a joke but I'm extremely hype for this and I hope it's extremely 80s

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I made a joke but I'm extremely hype for this and I hope it's extremely 80s

It's gonna be incredible.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

how much will be in live action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Didn't Oshii also make a series that conspicuously had the words"ghost," "in," "the," and "shell" in the title in an order that would not get them sued?