Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

strike witches*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tank witches*

that guy’s not commissioning them either, he’s making them. it’s mostly written work though—he’s no eromangaka, though he’s had guest art of his chars from bigger names.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

Can you elaborate on this part?

Typical waffle man forgetting europe exists

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So has there been any sort of news about the Dorohedero anime yet? Its been nearly a year since they announced it, without any info besides its in production.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

So has there been any sort of news about the Dorohedero anime yet? Its been nearly a year since they announced it, without any info besides its in production.
I remember the announcement was both to hype up the ending of the manga and that a meeting to plan for the anime was to take place.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's gonna be like pluto and no news will surface for three+ years

still assuming it'll be cg but with no gun's life getting a 2d anime with a similarly hosed-up-headed mc maybe drawing kaiman is more possible than i thought.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I hope its not 3d. The hole needs to ooze filth, something you can't do well with 3d art on a tv budget. Actually considering all the body horror in the story, it'd be really hard to make it in CG or heck even Kaiman biting peoples' heads.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Man gently caress Hestia. You're the second most useless bitch goddess I know; your boring rear end is why I can't get invested in your show. Bell should drop yo rear end for Freya. :colbert:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Why are you calling an anime girl a bitch

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Oh gently caress, No Guns Life got an anime so soon?

And it's animated by Madhouse!?

:getin:

Between Beastars and NGL, this might end up being my favorite season ever. Also new Bananya.

Fall thread title: "Humans are overrated"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Homura and Sickle posted:

why is he posting like an anime girl can read his post

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in a great victory for traditional animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juwLvKPz7Ks

this cgi monstrosity sold only 7% of cinema seats on its first day.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the boob ribbon was a cute meme

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I still like Hestia.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ishtar is the only bad goddess

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Homura and Sickle posted:

I'm thinking-and maybe I'm reaching here- that Grouchio's trying to sound/read like Konosuba's Kazuma, who does call Aqua "kusobitchi" (which could be translated to the rather insulting "lovely/crappy-rear end bitch") on occasion, along with variations of "useless goddess". And yeah, Aqua is annoying and very much a crybaby (plus she very much rubbed it in his face wrt how pointless his OG death was); then again she's also kept him from dying for realsies in the new world and so far has played a key role in vanishing/defeating most of the baddies from on the big arcs of the anime's 2 seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjYb9oU09tc&t=34s

Still not the best look because I mean c'mon: Kazuma is a godawful person who flings hurtful insults at the girls who continuously save his bacon/keep his rear end from expiring. :chloe:

dogsicle posted:

ishtar is the only bad goddess
Ishtar kept me from losing my marbles against multiple of the Horsemen when Fiend-Hunting in both SMTIV and IV:Apocalypse with her awesome healing/buffing spells, so she can't be all bad. :shrug:

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

At least Aqua isn't constantly trying to get in Kazuma's pants.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Ishtar kept me from losing my marbles against multiple of the Horsemen when Fiend-Hunting in both SMTIV and IV:Apocalypse with her awesome healing/buffing spells, so she can't be all bad. :shrug:

smt ishtar isn't running the amazon rape cult so she's ok

danmachi ishtar...she's on the List

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

At least Aqua isn't constantly trying to get in Kazuma's pants.

"trying"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KzwL6AFNd4

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

I'm thinking-and maybe I'm reaching here- that Grouchio's trying to sound/read like Konosuba's Kazuma, who does call Aqua "kusobitchi" (which could be translated to the rather insulting "lovely/crappy-rear end bitch") on occasion, along with variations of "useless goddess". And yeah, Aqua is annoying and very much a crybaby (plus she very much rubbed it in his face wrt how pointless his OG death was); then again she's also kept him from dying for realsies in the new world and so far has played a key role in vanishing/defeating most of the baddies from on the big arcs of the anime's 2 seasons.

Still not the best look because I mean c'mon: Kazuma is a godawful person who flings hurtful insults at the girls who continuously save his bacon/keep his rear end from expiring. :chloe:
Ding ding ding! Except here, what the hell is Hestia's excuse? Take today's episode: "Oh Bell you're banned from hand holding your latest saved waifu because I'm a jealous bitch! Oh gently caress you Bell you turned me down I'm gonna go run away and get captured cause I'm useless!" :livintrope:

At least Aqua's funny.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 21, 2019

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

You're watching a bad harem poo poo show what did you expect? Oh no someone will get mad about a contrived viewing of nakedness in the next five episodes. No one will ever actually gently caress. There will be gross rape plot points again sometime next season. Character traits will only change in ways acceptable for sitcoms. This list can be repeated for as long as there are continuing episodes.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im going to kiss hestia, the best goddess, and my, wife

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

grouchio stop gettin mad at anime women

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Patware posted:

grouchio stop

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
This was a pretty good season! I enjoyed Astra lost in space and maidens in their savage season, it is really nice when animes actually get conclusive endings

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gritting my teeth until the ending of granbelm hits lol

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Colonel posted:

Don't grit your teeth, you might break them. That said I enjoyed Astra too, I haven't watched much else except for Dr Stone and Fire Force which are both fun in different ways.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

even if the endings bad granbelm is a really good kannazuki no miko reboot imo

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Splode posted:

This was a pretty good season! I enjoyed Astra lost in space and maidens in their savage season, it is really nice when animes actually get conclusive endings

yeah this has been may favorite season since fall 2017, just a ton of stellar shows overall and most of the anime i've seen the end for this season have had fantastic endings. wasteful days of high school girls last episode managed to give baka of all characters some genuine pathos, maidens gave what felt like well earned happy endings to two of the main 5 and appropriately inconclusive to the other 3. astra kind of suffered from return of the king syndrome where it felt like it ended 30 times but overall i thought the ending was nice and satisfying.

The Colonel posted:

with how well executed the rest of the story has been i have faith they stick the landing

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the shonen crop this season was bad but the gay stuff was very very good

as god intended

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Me after the first episode of Fire Force: A bit bog standard, but the presentation should save it

Me now, after Fire Force has become painfully boring and I've seen Promare: oh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

me, still watching fire force: the shaft sensibilities are great pairing for the strong aesthetic choices originally made by okubo, also lmfao the villain wears airpods

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Dr. Stone is the best show this season though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Expect My Mom posted:

the shonen crop this season was bad but the gay stuff was very very good

as god intended

i didn't like fire force much at all but kimetsu no yaiba seems fine

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Dr. Stone is the best show this season though.

you spelled Given wrong

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

i didn't like fire force much at all but kimetsu no yaiba seems fine
it's okay! i warmed up to it as it got further along, but it still feels clunky and kinda empty to me and i proooob wont check out a second season

but whatever, do not listen to me, i would bet money that im the only person here who kept up with mom isekai so w/e

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

you spelled Given wrong
Given is very good, but I don't think anything hit me as hard as Episode 11 from Wasteful Days of High School Girls. Like sure, O Maidens... tried and was really good overall, but that the dopey show with Nichibros vibes gave me those bittersweet feelings/relatability felt kinda out of left-field.

Also gently caress Fender: Forget the Jazzmaster nonsense with its bullshit tuning instability and just give us lefties a Telecaster Custom (the one Ueno uses)! :rant:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Does Symphogear count as shounen?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mix was the best show running this season that nobody amongst English-speaking anime-likers watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ill watch it when i get through Touch