Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Me after the first episode of Fire Force: A bit bog standard, but the presentation should save it

Me now, after Fire Force has become painfully boring and I've seen Promare: oh

Fire Force is okay, but it doesn't have the burning passionate spirit of a south-seas firefighter :kamina:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RME posted:

ill watch it when i get through Touch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKXOVbX62Yo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Fire Force is okay, but it doesn't have the burning passionate spirit of a south-seas firefighter :kamina:.

Yeah I don't dislike Fire Force, but it's not really lighting the same spark for me that Soul Eater did.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah I don't dislike Fire Force, but it's not really lighting the same spark for me that Soul Eater did.

I think it'd be more enjoyable if they leaned into fighting Infernals more, rather than chasing the conspiracy 100% of the time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think it'd be more enjoyable if they leaned into fighting Infernals more, rather than chasing the conspiracy 100% of the time.

There's not really anything interesting to fighting the infernals. They've already covered the few emotionally relevant parts about them, and pretty well I thought.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Expect My Mom posted:

but whatever, do not listen to me, i would bet money that im the only person here who kept up with mom isekai so w/e

How did that turn out?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Show remains horny for mom, son remains embarrassed.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
This season was the first one which I was actively following so I can't say how good it was but it was pretty enjoyable. I was watching Astra, O Maidens and Vinland (and a few episodes of Fire Force before dropping it) and had a great time. I wonder how next season will turn out

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Makatka posted:

This season was the first one which I was actively following so I can't say how good it was but it was pretty enjoyable. I was watching Astra, O Maidens and Vinland (and a few episodes of Fire Force before dropping it) and had a great time. I wonder how next season will turn out

should be equally good, although most of the shows I'm excited about are sequels

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

StandardVC10 posted:

How did that turn out?
basically,

Kwyndig posted:

Show remains horny for mom, son remains embarrassed.

i was surprised by the villains mostly being other moms who are terrible and Good Mom has to show them the true way, and it's got some cute funny bits like "Wow, Mom's incredible power Tuck You Into Bed!" or "This thing has a dumb name because Mom had to type in the name and she hunts and pecks when she types because she's older", but like, every episode but they're putting the mom in maid outfits and schoolgirl uniforms in like every episode so...ya know. It started out way hornier and then kinda chilled out a bit, but def not entirely

I wouldn't really recommend it, but I'll say I'm liking it more than I ever expected. Mamako is a very good mom.

this is from when she did a mom spirit bomb

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 22, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Show sounds like it'd still be better without the son and if it was just very cute older women.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I mean yeah absolutely, RPG Moms sounds like a great show. But in general the son and the other kids are...fine. They have their own bits and I like that the son isn't a total rear end in a top hat and just wants to look cool in front of girls but his mom is the best person ever, but when Mamako isn't on screen, I truly am always asking "where's Mamako?"

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Spiritus Nox posted:

Does Symphogear count as shounen?
Kind of, but that isn't the first term I'd use to describe it. Actually, for all its faults, Symphogear managed to avoid settling into the tropes of any one genre. It's pretty unique!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So going by the average isekai, the one with the mom was actually decent?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I guess I should clear up some time for Wasteful Days. Would it fill an Asobi Asobase/Grand Blue-shaped hole in my heart, or is it not quite so slapstick?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Me after the first episode of Fire Force: A bit bog standard, but the presentation should save it

Me now, after Fire Force has become painfully boring and I've seen Promare: oh

Is there a good place to watch Promare? I don't want to get into :filez: here but I don't think it's showing legally in Sweden

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It doesn't seem like it's been released on BD in any territory yet, so no.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm just now getting into Yaiba (on like episode 7) and in the first episode the demon slayer dude said that demons multiply by blood contact, but now they seem to imply that only the big bad guy demon is capable of creating new demons..kind of confusing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

It doesn't seem like it's been released on BD in any territory yet, so no.

Is it just a limited cinema run right now? I got to see a screening of it at Madfest in Australia myself.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

I guess I should clear up some time for Wasteful Days. Would it fill an Asobi Asobase/Grand Blue-shaped hole in my heart, or is it not quite so slapstick?
It feels a bit more down to earth than either. It sorta reminded me more of Nichibros than Asobi Asobase and Grand Blue. But yeah, you should totally watch it.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Hey, can I say something amazing right now?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

I AM THE MOON posted:

its possible but I'm not holding my breath

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I AM THE MOON posted:

If its that they are making a Dungeon Meshi anime, another season of Slayers, or a full adaptation of Marry Grave including the stuff that the author had to cut due to early cancellation, then yes you can.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm just now getting into Yaiba (on like episode 7) and in the first episode the demon slayer dude said that demons multiply by blood contact, but now they seem to imply that only the big bad guy demon is capable of creating new demons..kind of confusing.
Haven't read the manga but the anime seems to indicate that big boss demon is always able to convert people, but lesser demons have a lot of difficulty doing so. Like it's possible for them to but usually the potential convert just dies.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Wark Say posted:

So going by the average isekai, the one with the mom was actually decent?
This is the first show I've seen that could even be considered an isekai and I'll say: Isekais seems Fine!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Arifureta.gif

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I can't believe a piece of clipart just owned that dragon

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Yeah, between Arifureta, Isekai Cheat Magician, and Maou-Sama Retry, the quality bar was set real low for isekais this season. Looks like the trend will continue even harder next season. I just hope Overly Cautious Hero turns out good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the power of mom wins again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it just a limited cinema run right now? I got to see a screening of it at Madfest in Australia myself.

Yessir, at least in the US, it's running for the next few days.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Isekai mom show is pretty decent show. Nothing amazing but has some good jokes and the son has definitely become way less of a shithead.

The latest episode had some big cheesecake to for the first time in a while (but it was the result of a good joke so I let it slide) and had the wonderful pun of the other mom’s getting equipped with Mom-or (instead of armour) so it gets a passing grade from me.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I appreciate it when a character acts like a shithead and then goes "oh wow I was kind of an rear end in a top hat I better apologize" without having to Learn A Lesson.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
there are DOZENS of us watching two hit mom!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fine, I'll watch the momsekai, but don't expect me to learn a lesson! :colbert:

I AM THE MOON posted:

But only if it's truly amazing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
My favorite part of momsekai is when it turns out the healer's repressed true self is being kind of an rear end in a top hat all the time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah, at first i thought it was a pretty abrupt character change, but now i like that the second she's away from her overcontrolling mom, she's just ready to start poo poo talking anyone

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mums are tough

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmao at the latest arc of hanmachi having a female lead who was a prostitute and she had a whole arc about her job and reassuring her that she isn't like 'impure' or whatever and then at the very end the other prostitutes went 'also she passes out whenever she sees a man so she actually hasn't had sex yet! bye!'

what was the point of anything that happened in the past like 4 episodes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When you want to support sex workers but also don't want a waifu who's hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

lmao at the latest arc of hanmachi having a female lead who was a prostitute and she had a whole arc about her job and reassuring her that she isn't like 'impure' or whatever and then at the very end the other prostitutes went 'also she passes out whenever she sees a man so she actually hasn't had sex yet! bye!'

what was the point of anything that happened in the past like 4 episodes

to add a sad new girl to bell's orbit