Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomPayne

I should think before posting
i met my best friend when i was like 10 yo after moving from the US to mexico, i used to call him duck since he could talk like donald duck

we used to hang out and play videogames on his snes, this was in like 2001 so you can probably imagine what his parents viewpoints on videogames were at the time

we used to hang out every week, fast forward to college, he and most of our mutual friends started studying computer sciences to get into the gaming business, while i was the only idiot that decided med school was cooler,

during his last year, he decided he wanted to develop an edutainment shoot em up to help kids learn the periodic table, it was his little pet project at the time, he used to brainstorm and show me progress, it was awesome

im not gonna sugar coat it tho, this guy had some family problems, a death in his family, and money problems after that death, but he still powered on like a champ, graduating his class with the highest honors, scholarships, and basically the smartest person from his generation

so after graduating some of these friends decided to become independent gamedevs (sadly, they all failed), and others just got normal 9 - 5 jobs, but duck? Naw man, duck got hired by gameloft (aka a game company owned (at the time) by Ubisofts' yves guillemots brother, who made mobile ports of Ubisoft games), and he started chewing bubblegum and programming like a pro

after a couple of years, he released his pet project (it's really fun!), he's won multiple indie game dev contests, and is still working at gameloft, so in short, he's doing what he loves, while being humble, smart, and an all around great guy

i know this is a really long post, and he's probably never gonna read it, but my best friend is really, really, really cool, and im very thankful to have met him, and someday, i hope he gets to work in the big leagues of gaming (i've always joked telling him to apply for a job at remedy games, but who knows???)

anyways thanks for reading my post byob friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU