Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the worse weed?
This poll is closed.
Wild Garlic 3 8.82%
Sheep Sorrel 6 17.65%
The Devil's Lettuce 12 35.29%
Goku 13 38.24%
Total: 24 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

OxMan posted:

I wonder if it's the same book as that other old thread too, it too was filled with all sorts of personal opinions and anecdotes about the various weeds and such. I'm happy to see it back though, loved that thread and it's been long enough that I've forgotten it and can love it all over again.

Verily :tipshat:

But this is one weed that will never get any love, and for good reason:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
How would cheese made from cows pastures on wild garlic taste?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
the stinging nettle, the weed that Owes Me 20 Bucks

buffalo grass, the most passive-aggressive weed in the lower midwest!

a buckthorn plant was once witnessed keying my car and most crudely giving me the finger before swiftly departing in a dilapidated 1992 ford taurus

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Since I had to eat a 2 for 1 probation for my cruel comments, I'd like to apologize to the OP.

Sure it's already been done, recently, in the exact same way, with the exact same book but...I guess that's about it.

Burt Sexual posted:

This dude has some deep weed knowledge and I’m impressed. Thanks for this thread and effort op.

Aw yeah, try to fit the whole thing.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Since I had to eat a 2 for 1 probation for my cruel comments, I'd like to apologize to the OP.

Sure it's already been done, recently, in the exact same way, with the exact same book but...I guess that's about it.

Aw yeah, try to fit the whole thing.

Hopefully I will. There's still a lot to scan out of this book.

I do have a heal-all for you. Pardon the Dutch angle and odd lighting on the picture for some reason.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I want an audio version of this book narrated by the "fuckin flowas" guy

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

It's been a while, but I must redeem this thread with a weed that has almost no redeeming value of its own, in fact one of the WORST contaminators of another crop of plant, a villain weed playing a hero's part by forcing dumb and lazy farmers to sow/hoe twice to eliminate its seeds.
I of course bump this thread with the BUCKHORN

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Horn, not thorn. Big difference!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Colonel Cancer posted:

Horn, not thorn. Big difference!

^^^^ drat you :mad:

However, the author would still regard that plant as just another weed.
As is the WILD MUSTARD, with many tips on how to destroy this particularly vile plant and the names it carries.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I must also correct myself once more. Turns out there are in fact at least three smartweeds; I missed one, the shoestring smartweed.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Happy 4th of July! I have found an :911: all-American :911: weed that is six feet tall, yet has fuckin' nothin' to attract attention to itself because of its lackluster personality(:smug:), except maybe shits out oil that fleas loathe with the intensity of a dozen suns.

:patriot:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Requesting Pigweed or Catnip!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Monkey Fracas posted:

Requesting Pigweed or Catnip!

Why not both?

:mrgw:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

"There's sumpin you art to know," said the OP to a goon as the two of them stood looking at a tall mint growing by the GBS fence.
"That's Motherwort."

"No, that's your mom, OP."

:bahgawd:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I wonder how many goons can relate with the Horehound, bitterly frequenting waste places? :wink:

Or, rather, how many goons can relate to the Carpet Weed, lying in place and making food and seed in the wind that bloweth until it dies, only noticed by men with hoes? :smugbird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I've requested carpet weed back on page one, brooo. Thanks for getting to it. You think if we just vacuum it all up it'll still work?!