Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm talkign Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Umm... Klonoa. You know? I have but my reservations but Ive recently become nostaglic for Spyro at least, and the Banjo Kazooie smash trailer been kinda bringing me on that platformer tip. I'm just curious if theres any series where its actually worth going back and playing the old PS1 era kind of stuff... or even the remastered stuff in the case of Spyro and Crash. Any of u guys like that stuff? SOund off below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If youre asking what game people most associate with being molested probably this one OP

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm afraid not, OP. Mario simply spreads the cheeks of every other game and character for that matter. Topic locked.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rocket Robot on Wheels was sucker punch's first game and a really good platformer for the time.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm talkign Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Umm... Klonoa. You know? I have but my reservations but Ive recently become nostaglic for Spyro at least, and the Banjo Kazooie smash trailer been kinda bringing me on that platformer tip. I'm just curious if theres any series where its actually worth going back and playing the old PS1 era kind of stuff... or even the remastered stuff in the case of Spyro and Crash. Any of u guys like that stuff? SOund off below.

spyros ok but cripplingly easy, dont play the remaster cos it looks like shite mate. like when you see a pokemon with actual fur on it in those 3d games... it djust isnt right. klonoa is good, tomba or tombi if youre european is good too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tak and the power of Juju

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Klonoa's not european, it's 2D sprites on 3D backgrounds and plays like a regular 2D action game. There's a PS2 sequel, a Wii remake and a few handheld puzzle-platformers and they're all good.

Spyro's like an entire game of the poo poo you do between Banjo levels, it's super simple.

Crash is worse 3D DKC, the kart racer's okay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gex the Gecko doesn't crap from anybody, I think he's pretty cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Gex the Gecko doesn't crap from anybody, I think he's pretty cool.

gex 2 sucks rear end but i think on it a lot because its a mario 64 clone and not a banjo clone like every other poo poo game from then

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i agree with spryro, klonoa, and tomba. they are the only games from that transitional era i really like and still play now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell Tomba isn’t European either. It was directed by the creator of Resident Evil after he left Capcom.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

drat, wonder why no ones listing the good european games in this thread

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
going door to door to let my neighbours know I like Rayman 2

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Does anyone remember chameleon twist

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hell Tomba isn’t European either. It was directed by the creator of Resident Evil after he left Capcom.

Oh yeah Tomba 2 is cool as hell

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yea. but they called it tombi in europe. and you play as a little kid who runs around in nothing but a pair of Y fronts so its european in spirit

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

people used to say ape escape was good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Zas posted:

it is good. i dont like the controls though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Average Bear posted:

I do.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I remember renting that a lot as a wee lad. Glad to know it's not a figment of my imagination. I was not molested.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Zas posted:

ape escape is more of a souls-like than a mascot platformer

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ape escape is good

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Average Bear posted:

I liked it as a kid, there was a sequel too no?

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames
Tomba! mother fucker

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Rayman origins and legends are surprisingly very good, despite coming from a developer that doesn't traditionally do many platform games

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Voodoo Vince hoipe

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

One of the Shantaes was good but I don't remember which one

Also Buck Bumble

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Earthworm Jim is one of the few childhood games I haven't gone back to replay as an adult... was it actually good?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Satellit3 posted:

Earthworm Jim is one of the few childhood games I haven't gone back to replay as an adult... was it actually good?

It's not very fun but the animation is like best-in-class for the time IMO.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

Also Buck Bumble

Pirate's Curse is the best one. Half-Genie Hero is alright too. The others aren't worth bothering with.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Satellit3 posted:

I only played the gameboy color version lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

Also Buck Bumble

Buck bumble is closer to a flight game than a platformer

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The most recent Rayman is supposed to be good

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

going door to door to let my neighbours know I like Rayman 2

lol but the dc version blew my mind back in the day. it looked incredible

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I thought A Hat In Time was fun enough but it couldn't hold my attention that long. Mario Odyssey on the other hand blew me away

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I only played the gameboy color version lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The first Rayman was probably the first video game I ever played, and I still haven't beat it. Maybe if I get diagnosed with cancer I'll make it my last.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

The first Rayman was probably the first video game I ever played, and I still haven't beat it. Maybe if I get diagnosed with cancer I'll make it my last.

it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

I'll make sure to live forever then