Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

CptWedgie posted:

I feel like Ado is just short for Adeleine. I mean, they're similar enough in both appearance and abilities for them to be the same person. Anyway, I feel like that black ball thing she painted might've been Dark Matter from Dreamland 3.

It's entirely likely but it has never been outright confirmed in American or Japanese media, the closest we got was the 20th Anniversary - Hoshi no Kirby: Pupupu Taizen book first released in 2012 which addresses the many similarities of the characters and suggests that Ado could be a nickname of Adeleine but ultimately states that it is simply unknown if they're the same person or not.

That said, the descriptions of Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of Russia's Youtube videos featuring the trailer for Adeleine & Ribbon's appearance in Kirby Star Allies have stated that Adeleine appeared in Kirby's Dreamland 3 though since this detail is notably absent on both the respective Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Japan videos it could have possibly been an error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I had Pokémon Snap, Hey You Pikachu, the two Stadium games that were released in the US, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros, and Wipeout 64 though I played Kirby 64 on the Wii.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Nruffs are boar-like critters:

Something you haven't shown off is that if you inhale an enemy but don't swallow them, you can actually hold the enemy over your head. It's practically useless in most cases some enemies like Bronto Burt or Bumber (the umbrella enemies) do something when held over your head.

Also Adeline can't actually paint up Shards because the Crystal's power is greater than her own.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 29, 2019

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Explopyro posted:

Incidentally, Thorn, you were overthinking how to fight this boss (which, IIRC, is named Pix). You don't actually need to match the colours to do damage, the DNA-looking things are all just generic enemies you can suck up that don't have powers, and any of them will damage any of the boss's orbs. This stage and boss were definitely among the more memorable ones for me too, though.

I believe matching colors does the most damage without a power though.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
To elaborate on the Animal Friends, Kirby's Dream Land 2 gave us Rick the hamster, Coo the owl and Kine the sunfish.

ChuChu the octopus (possibly a flapjack octopus), Nago the cat and Pitch the bird (who is referred to as a falcon despite looking more like a Japanese white-eye) were introduced in Dream Land 3.

The former trio return as Dream Friends in Kirby Star Allies while the latter trio make cameos as part of the Cleaning power's attacks.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
First and foremost single color blocks like the orange one in stage three can be broken by any power that uses the power type of that block's color meaning you can use any Needle-based power to get that shard, you don't need the drill specifically. I've used Ice/Needle to break it in my play through and I remember that being the combination Medibot used for it as well.

As for the block that requires Ice, the block is cracked and the idea is that the ice seeps into the cracks and splits the rock apart.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
And I do get that since it is an outlier but I'm guessing it's to keep you from getting it the first run through so you'd get the regular ending.

Kirby games in general tend to be easy to play casually but tricky to 100%.