Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m glad somebody resurrected this thread. I love landscape poo poo!

I’m about to embark on a project of planting a row of 20 apple trees along the side of my house to do an espalier. Gonna be a fun time! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So for that apple tree espalier thing I mentioned in my above post, we’re looking at removing about 120 to 150 cu ft of dirt from an area roughly 40’-50’x2’-2.5’ and 1.5’ deep, then mixing between 2/5ths and 1/2 of that dirt with a growers mix and putting that mixture back in the ground.

I don’t know if anyone in this thread has ever had professional landscapers remove or put in dirt before, but what is a typical price I might expect to have to pay for this with labor included? I had a guy give me a quote this afternoon and the price he gave me was between ~$600 and ~$850, which is honestly better than I was expecting but I’ve never done this before. Is that a good price range?