Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

luxury handset posted:

it would be great if trump gets damaged by trying to undercut biden only for biden to lose the primary

Except this is like one time Biden did the right thing.
I would rather he lose the primary because his politics suck and he is a creep, but I guess that's asking too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

luxury handset posted:

it would be great if trump gets damaged by trying to undercut biden only for biden to lose the primary

The ideal use for Biden is to effectively function as a suicide bomb for Trump 2020

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

Well I mean if somebody wants to be technical about it, this is not unprecedented in that Nixon bombed the gently caress out of Cambodia explicitly to help his election prospects.

Should we impeach Nixon?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

eke out posted:

sorry but the constitution doesn't define what "presides" means (it means whatever the senate wants it to mean, seriously) and your assumption that McConnell, with complete control over the calendar, couldn't Garland it is premature

this is why democratic strategy on impeachment has to consider this and factor in the real possibility the Senate never does jackshit about it. gotta get everything in the open with months and months of hearings

People said he wouldn't hold the vote on Trump's emergency spending executive order, but he didn't

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

So what you're saying is that Nadler is now going to get a strongly worded letter?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

OddObserver posted:

I would rather he lose the primary because his politics suck and he is a creep, but I guess that's asking too much.

oh no, i dont think biden will lose the primary because of this nonsense. if he does lose it will be for other reasons, as you have described

i'm just hoping that the thing that really gets traction for trump impeachment is trump trying to cut the knees off a potential challenger who then goes on to lose in the semifinals

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

why is security so worried. do they think she is agent 47 or some poo poo?

Paradoxish posted:

The ideal use for Biden is to effectively function as a suicide bomb for Trump 2020

thats what i sounds like might happen.

luxury handset posted:

i mean he is already sinking in the polls so probably.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1176303045237530624

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Otteration posted:

Should we impeach Nixon?

Spoiler: We didn't!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol. the strigoi is lost in his revelries.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Spoiler: We didn't!

we would have. he bailed before it happened.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

we would have. he bailed before it happened.

:thejoke:

OddObserver posted:

A completely fine way for him to disengage would be "my fragile brain/blood ecosystem is about to explode already, maybe it's time for me to pass the baton blah blah blah"

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dapper_Swindler posted:

why is security so worried. do they think she is agent 47 or some poo poo?

Maybe more like O-ren Ishii or the Bride.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

July 25: Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky talk by phone. In September it is reported that Trump pressed Zelensky to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden's son on the call and Trump later acknowledged Joe Biden was discussed. "We had a great conversation. The conversation I had was largely congratulatory, was largely corruption -- all of the corruption taking place, was largely the fact that we don't want our people like Vice President Biden and his son (adding to the corruption)," Trump told reporters on Sunday. In a readout of the call, the Ukraine government referenced discussion of investigating corruption, but the White House version makes no mention -- saying only that Trump was congratulating Zelensky on his recent election.
July 28: Trump announces that Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats will retire.
August 8: Trump announces deputy Director of National Intelligence Sue Gordon will depart the administration.

HMMM

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1176210648189100032

Strangely enough trump retweeted this.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't know if people really understand this but Trump genuinely thinks he is incredibly smart and everyone else is really dumb, and he likely looks at that thing he said as a flawless counter.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us"

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

I think Trump's people are deathly afraid of a 2012 debate situation where Biden laughs Trump off the stage, the one thing Trump can't stand

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I think Trump's people are deathly afraid of a 2012 debate situation where Biden laughs Trump off the stage, the one thing Trump can't stand

it would just be two old men accusing each other of having dementia.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Hmm...

https://twitter.com/AngrierWHStaff/status/1176339062678065152

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Trump really has very little to fear from Biden. That kind of treatment works well on someone like Paul Ryan who desperately wants to be treated seriously, but Trump is just an idiot and a bully. Biden trying to put him down or laugh at him is just going to come off like a farce, because you're going to end up with two demented old men standing on stage and calling each other names.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

it would just be two old men accusing each other of having dementia.

no it would be two geriatrics soiling themselves then falling asleep.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BREAKING: After much consideration, Nancy Pelosi announces impeachment is still "off the table".

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Not enough taxable protests:

https://i.imgur.com/bRcCV5a.mp4

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the only thing more pathetic than pelosi's intransigence up to this point will be the house dems actually carrying out the impeachment process.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Paradoxish posted:

Trump really has very little to fear from Biden. That kind of treatment works well on someone like Paul Ryan who desperately wants to be treated seriously, but Trump is just an idiot and a bully. Biden trying to put him down or laugh at him is just going to come off like a farce, because you're going to end up with two demented old men standing on stage and calling each other names.

Failing to see the downside?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1175100836990607361

Does he willingly guzzle trumps cum or is there some lobbyists involved?

Edit: just noticed rands tweet was from a few days ago, thing is trump retweeted it today. I guess the big baby is looking for positive reinforcement anywhere he can find it

Amazing Zimmo fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 24, 2019

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1176316178471489536

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I feel like you people aren't reading the same articles I am

Everything sounds like the official inquiry starts tomorrow. If she has the votes to impeach, that means that more than 90% of the party agrees now. Her speakership would be threatened by not moving

Edit: they need 93% of house members to successfully impeach. So if she's got the votes, she's at more than 95% probably. Nancy doesn't deny 95% of the party lol

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Sep 24, 2019

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Upon a chocolate coin, the word "kemistree" is doodled on it in sharpie. Trump happily retweets his medal. But lo, where is the medal? With a chocolate stained smile and fingers, Trump's dying brain fires off a few neurons.

"Got hungry. Had to eat my Nobel prize. Chocolate was substandard. Low energy. Failing Nobel committee! SAD!"

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Otteration posted:

Failing to see the downside?

There's a huge double standard and Biden will be the only one who eats significant criticism from the media.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1175100836990607361

Does he willingly guzzle trumps cum or is there some lobbyists involved?

The story of the GOP is every GOP lawmaker revealing themselves as a Nazi, or anonymously confiding to the papers that they disagree with Trump on their way out the door so they can be replaced by a Nazi.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

the only thing more pathetic than pelosi's intransigence up to this point will be the house dems actually carrying out the impeachment process.

What do you propose otherwise?

Serious question. We loving need to change things. What do you propose?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Paradoxish posted:

There's a huge double standard and Biden will be the only one who eats significant criticism from the media.

Maybe they both should.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

How many times now has Trump said he can / will do something and then practically in the same run-on sentence said he's not going to or that he's "thinking about it". He's so loving bad at lying.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1176341224598441985

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

I feel like you people aren't reading the same articles I am

Everything sounds like the official inquiry starts tomorrow. If she has the votes to impeach, that means that more than 90% of the party agrees now. Her speakership would be threatened by not moving

Edit: they need 93% of house members to successfully impeach. So if she's got the votes, she's at more than 95% probably. Nancy doesn't deny 95% of the party lol

Mercy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States#Procedure

"Second, the House of Representatives must pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached"."

Not sure who came up with "tomorrow", but things look better today than yesterday. They might turn to poo poo tomorrow, but such is life.

lol

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

accidentally hit emptyquote

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Both US and UK politics are gonna be :munch: today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo