Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

"Mr. Delany, you are an idiot, care to respond?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nick Soapdish posted:

"Do you have a plan to deal with Mitch McConnell?"

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Slade/status/1144067772177162241

:same:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Nick Soapdish posted:

"Do you have a plan to deal with Mitch McConnell?"

"Play ball" should be the real answer for them

"Dropping out and running for Senate" is what the real answer is for us.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Good dig by deBlasio towards all the Congressfolks about not actually bothering with war powers authorization.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Which random white dude is the one that argued we need to stay engaged in Afghanistan

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

At least Inslee had the balls to say Trump is the biggest threat to national security instead of wimping out and saying China

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Professor Bling posted:

Which random white dude is the one that argued we need to stay engaged in Afghanistan

Tim Ryan lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've been doing homework all night. Can someone give me a quick recap?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've been doing homework all night. Can someone give me a quick recap?

10 people all screaming in unison "we need to fix some things, but at the same time we can't go too far."

Beto screamed it in Spanish.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

CSPAM had a decent summary:

Pancakes posted:

To begin the night:

DeBlasio: Unpopular mayor, WTF are you doing here?
Ryan: Who?
Castro: Obama admin + Latinx
Booker: Sellout + Rosario Dawson + SQUATS
Warren: Professor DNA test
Beto: SEX CRAMPS
Klobuchar: lovely boss centrist
Gabbard: Crazy homophobe
Inslee: Single-issue climate change warrior
Delaney: Hates Medicare for All

After the debate:

DeBlasio: MY BLACK SON
Ryan: Who hurt you?
Castro: Slayer of Beto, most improved candidate
Booker: Started slow but recovered well, covered a lot of issues decently
Warren: Dominated early on economic issues then disappeared
Beto: RIP
Klobuchar: Boring centrist with nothing new to say except faux-folksy bullshit
Gabbard: ARE TROOPS
Inslee: Angry uncle who hates global warming
Delaney: Shut the gently caress up. You're out of your element.

Also Booker visibly psyching himself up to spit out a few lines in Spanish after Beto and Castro.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Copying my debate grades:

Warren: A-, nailed almost every question she was given, only downside to the debate was that they stopped asking her questions

Booker: B- those eyes will haunt me

Castro: B- had one niche but hit it hard

deBlasio: B- had some decent answers and some weak ones

Inslee: C+ like Castro he had one niche but didn't hit it as hard

Gabbard: C I really have nothing to say about her but she murdered Tim Ryan so that gets her some marks

Klobuchar: C- I don't actually remember any of her answers

Tim Ryan: D- got murdered by Gabbard

Beto: F- see me after class

Delaney: G for "Would have rather had the rotting husk of Gravel for entertainment purposes," also the only grade lower than an F

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Warren was the only one who actually answered questions instead of diverting to whatever subject she wanted to talk about, which is probably why they stopped asking her anything.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Thanks for watching the debates so I didn't have to

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I’m not surprised at all but it was still weak as hell and really out of touch for every single candidate to go hard on the ~weapons of war~ angle and that only hunting and collecting (but not shooting!) is okay. Not a single person mentioned self defense, an increasingly urgent concern for the working class people they’re supposedly trying to refocus on, and the LGBTQ and minority communities.

Kudos to Warren for saying more research into the contributing factors needs to be done.

I think only one person even mentioned trying to fix the alienation in schools that incites most of the school shootings.

Nobody mentioned the right-wing terrorists though.

No mention of fixing holes in the background check system that let states just not report information into it, so people like that Air Force dude who got in trouble for being caught trying to sneak guns onto base after making threats to his command can’t continue to buy more after being convicted of disqualifying crimes.

A lot of the same old coastal elite policies that have been chasing away people for decades.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Holy poo poo everyone but Warren was just awful. I guess booker didn’t completely trip over his dick but he definitely sat on his balls.

I hope this leads to a bump for Warren. Tonight’s debate is gonna manage to be an even bigger poo poo show. Just watch.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I appreciated Warren not taking Chuck Todd's stupid loving bait of "BUT WOULD YOU SEIZE THE GUNS?"

Really regretting I didn't call that guy a loving hack when I saw him at a celebrity Jeopardy taping.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to tonight, my girl Marianne gonna sweep the floor with those scrubs

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Doublepost but lol

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1144251788876324869

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want to give that guy a swirlie

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

EBB posted:

I want to give that guy a swirlie

:same:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

beto is a beta

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Beto's entire campaign in Texas was "not Ted Cruz" and while that went pretty well against Ted Cruz it doesn't seem to be doing too hot here

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

did it

because ted is still in the senate

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

It did far better than any preceding Dem senate campaign in Texas had in a long long time. His coattails helped a lot of down ticket races too, so it's still worth commending

Problem was, Beto misread that and thought running for president was the next logical step.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

I’m not surprised at all but it was still weak as hell and really out of touch for every single candidate to go hard on the ~weapons of war~ angle and that only hunting and collecting (but not shooting!) is okay. Not a single person mentioned self defense, an increasingly urgent concern for the working class people they’re supposedly trying to refocus on, and the LGBTQ and minority communities.

Kudos to Warren for saying more research into the contributing factors needs to be done.

I think only one person even mentioned trying to fix the alienation in schools that incites most of the school shootings.

Nobody mentioned the right-wing terrorists though.

No mention of fixing holes in the background check system that let states just not report information into it, so people like that Air Force dude who got in trouble for being caught trying to sneak guns onto base after making threats to his command can’t continue to buy more after being convicted of disqualifying crimes.

A lot of the same old coastal elite policies that have been chasing away people for decades.

SO looking forward to the panic buying again.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Handsome Ralph posted:

It did far better than any preceding Dem senate campaign in Texas had in a long long time. His coattails helped a lot of down ticket races too, so it's still worth commending

Problem was, Beto misread that and thought running for president was the next logical step.

Yeah, that was a major mistake. I guess self-deception is a skill all these fuckers must have, because thinking they had a snowball's chance in hell of winning against someone like Warren or Biden or Bernie is "holy gently caress" levels of self-delusion.

Beto should've waited until the other Texas seat was up. Or he should've tried for a House seat. Dumb gently caress.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yeah, that was a major mistake. I guess self-deception is a skill all these fuckers must have, because thinking they had a snowball's chance in hell of winning against someone like Warren or Biden or Bernie is "holy gently caress" levels of self-delusion.

Beto should've waited until the other Texas seat was up. Or he should've tried for a House seat. Dumb gently caress.

lol he was actually the US Rep for El Paso in a pretty safe seat and gave it up to run against Cruz. Taking a serious swing at the Senate wasn't a bad plan but then thinking that would set him up for a POTUS run was pretty nuts. I'm hoping Stacy Abrams takes note and doesn't torpedo her own political career trying to jump straight to the top in one go.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Why was Bill Dauterive on the debate stage last night?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

did it

because ted is still in the senate

come on

beto

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

how do you say that in espanol

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how do you say that in espanol

eyacular sobre beto

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Excuse me his name is Robert not Beto stop pandering to the Hispanics.

Who the hell is Rafael Cruz? Did he get caught at the border?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Lotta talk about Beto in this thread, but not enough talk about calves. SMH.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Bernard coming out strong with eliminate tuition and student debt

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How long til Biden mentions his buddy Barry

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nick Soapdish posted:

Bernard coming out strong with eliminate tuition and student debt

Kinda weak on the "are you gonna raise taxes?" 10 second followup though. Like, I am completely fine with my taxes going up to pay for that stuff, but you know they are all gonna leap on him for it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Kinda weak on the "are you gonna raise taxes?" 10 second followup though. Like, I am completely fine with my taxes going up to pay for that stuff, but you know they are all gonna leap on him for it.

Meh, he correctly pointed out that "middle class" taxes will go up but health care costs down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Slim Pickens posted:

How long til Biden mentions his buddy Barry

Since he's an establishment Dem, and is probably trying to get centrists and peel away suburban Republicans, I say not at all.