Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I did not prepare adequately for this expansion and I'm looking forward to quoting this in 1900 pages when I forget to prepare for the next one too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I didn’t prepare for anything, bring on those open gates!!

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I prepared by deleting 400 slots worth of items off my retainers that I couldn't be bothered keeping or selling anymore (one retainer was full of random gear from ARR, somehow). It was satisfying.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yay, new expansion, new thread. :toot:

Since this is only a page in and there's probably going to be new folks trying the game, I will give the most important realization I had once the game finally clicked with me: don't play it like WoW. By this I mean to just... take it slow. Do side quests, experiment with new classes, talk to random NPCs, putter around, if content is available then there's probably no harm in spending some time in it. Nothing really ever goes obsolete unlike old WoW expansions and your friends can sync down to help you with dungeons and trials and still benefit. The intentionally slow pace of the early game will wear you out if you try and blitz through to the "endgame", and there's really no reason to rush to 80 anyway. You'll get there eventually, and by the time you do you'll have been introduced to all the content you'll ever want from an MMO.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Full patchnotes

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/330f2b280067d69d85b17831c66712a499e97484

Job guides also up and updated

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/dancer/

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Dear Ozma

You

Are

Dead

Finishing off Baldesion Arsenal at the last minute before the new patch felt pretty great.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I melded the remnants of my mainstat materia and cleaned a few things out of my inventory.

The rest of the things I want to clean out will come when I drop them in the glamour bin :getin:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No Flash? No Tempered Will? No Shield Swipe? Yet Cover gets to stay for some reason. Does anyone even use Cover?

e: Oh wait, instead of Flash I'll be spending my MP on Holy Circle for MP based AoEs. But that's only at high level.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 27, 2019

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

No Flash? No Tempered Will? No Shield Swipe? Yet Cover gets to stay for some reason. Does anyone even use Cover?

e: Oh wait, instead of Flash I'll be spending my MP on Holy Circle for MP based AoEs. But that's only at high level.

I really missed flash on my warrior when they removed it in stormblood.

That said, paladins getting total eclipse at level 6! and the combo followup at 40 is a worthy tradeoff.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
BRD changes are pretty rough, not surprised we ate a nerf but having raid utility kind of felt like the job's identity and we've lost all of it :(

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Philonius posted:

I really missed flash on my warrior when they removed it in stormblood.

That said, paladins getting total eclipse at level 6! and the combo followup at 40 is a worthy tradeoff.

Yeah, that mitigates it a lot. Still going to miss Tempered Will the most. Having a knockback immunity every few minutes was fun.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
mmmmmm those are some juicy loving PVP memes

I'm ready to rip and tear my way through some frontlines :getin:

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Yeah, that mitigates it a lot. Still going to miss Tempered Will the most. Having a knockback immunity every few minutes was fun.

It's still there. Tanks, melee and ranged DPS now all get the 'arms length' role action. Two minute cooldown.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Does anyone even use Cover?

Cover fuckin owns

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Philonius posted:

It's still there. Tanks, melee and ranged DPS now all get the 'arms length' role action. Two minute cooldown.

Yeah, just saw we're getting it. I think that's all substantial complaints I had about ShB rescinded.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Philonius posted:

6 second duration.

The 10 second duration was what really made it nice. Oh wells.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lol I'm still trying to finish Stormblood

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Protect still lives, in poverty form

Autocorrect turned pvp into poverty, I’m going to leave it like that

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 27, 2019

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Whoever is first to get a pubbie tank throwing a poo poo fit for not getting protect at the start of the dungeon, wins.

And also loses.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Rest in peace AST, going back to tanking. Seriously though, I was fine with the card changes and I can understand having to tune down personal DPS but it looks ridiculous written out like that. If it also feels bad to play I'm out of the healing game.

But also Freeze has a use now so that's pretty attractive.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
GNB utility got nerfed for some reason. SMN's weird firebird regen got buffed to something useful.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I feel like all healer balance is done in some theorycraft vacuum that doesn't exist of 8 man raid healing where you mostly only have to heal and nobody uses oGCDs properly, and that's it

Oh well, the ast buffs and some tiny WHM buff in 5.0.5 will be great!

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Looking forward to Rip & Tear in Frontlines.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ5nV9aKthU

Minrad posted:

mmmmmm those are some juicy loving PVP memes

I'm ready to rip and tear my way through some frontlines :getin:

Hah, there's actually an ability named "Draw and Junction" in that Record Keeper mobile game. It comes from one of Squall's special moves.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I'm going to play the Doom (2016) OST until I hit ShB zones with GNB

rip and tear

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Getting a raptor stance AoE owns.

Also I still play on Adamantoise with friends. Is there any goon cross-world ls on Aether? If not, any interest in making one?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I've got the drat Shadowbringer's music refrain stuck in my head and theres no cure till it comes out.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Welp, I just finished HW after putting this game down for a long-rear end time, so should be nice powering through SB so I can SB. Might pick up GNB like everyone else to give tanking a try, especially if SCH feels like crap after the changes.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Looking over the changes, I'm leaning towards swapping towards BLM or SMN from MCH. Good thing I like both my outfits for those.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looking over the job guide, I am really excited for the RDM changes. It's the one job I play that wasn't either heavily revamped or totally gutted--instead, it's just expanded a bit and streamlined in a good way (hell yes spells sharing buttons!). I was actually thinking about leveling BLM or SMN in Shadowbringers (once I'm max level on GNB), but I think RDM might stay my main caster.

EDIT: Oh hey, they decreased the cooldown on GNB's Superbolide from the preview build. That's a good move.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 27, 2019

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Please look forward to it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFXIV designers: "Healers should do less DPS and have fewer DPS buttons so they can be more about pure healing."

Also FFXIV designers: "Except White Mages."

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Philonius posted:

Whoever is first to get a pubbie tank throwing a poo poo fit for not getting protect at the start of the dungeon, wins.

And also loses.

going to make a macro saying protect incoming to see how long i can stall dungeons

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005

strong bird posted:

That isn’t even WHM’s new spam nuke, at 72 they get Glare which is a 300 potency Stone.

mrfishstick fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 27, 2019

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
End of Heavensward:

End of Stormblood:

I want the gates thrown wide already.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It'll be around a little less than 100 minutes until patch preload (Yoshi-P said it during the patch notes stream that just ended)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeQOXry59p0
A rip of Titania's theme from the stream during the breaks.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
So since the media tour GNB gained a bunch of potency across the board, DNC lost a bit and their crit/dh buff was nerfed by 10% (but gained 5s) and new MCH gained potency pretty much across the board but lost a bit on their 1 and Heat Blast. Old jobs that aren't being reworked don't seem to have changed much. Warrior's Shake it Off starts at 12% now, which is nice.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

strong bird posted:

See I wouldn't care so much if AST had SOMETHING to weave into during the recast wait time since they get faster casting but nope.

Going through the start of an expansion as a healer is so painful.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Hoping this beats out Heaven Sword for my favorite expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Apparently it was confirmed there's now a global 90 fps cap on the game during the patch note reading, lol.