Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

So I'm PST tz and have work and family and poo poo and wasn't in a hurry anyway so I haven't played much, beyond an hour or two. Going on a ski trip so I stuck out the queue today (it was still 3 hours - I can't login at 9am) and got through the first duty and some of the content and holy poo poo this is going to be awesome and the team behind this game is so good and doing this. I'm really happy that at this early stage it's just 'yes, and there's more just like that'. Hopefully when I'm back next week queues are less severe and I can play the MSQ but imma go slow, this has to last me cause like the next one is what - 2023?

Also, Samurai is loving amazing now. Like it was before, but the AoE change makes everything different for me comfy wise. Game good. Don't buy or play now though. It's a paradox of sorts.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Large Testicles posted:

Accessibility issue for the very final fight i play with the sound off during really intense fights because it fucks with me. there's a sound trigger and if you miss it you get one shot (yes i know what happens in that fight), i wiped twice on normal before i just turned it to very easy and turned the sound on cause i knew they liked to do that occasionally and i still ended it with 4 stacks

(Final fight)I kept missing those cues too, so I just kept running around Zenos in circles when he wasn't doing one of the big AOE mechanics :v:

New summoner is good for that, you basically never have to sit still and hard cast something if you don't want to.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Large Testicles posted:

Accessibility issue for the very final fight i play with the sound off during really intense fights because it fucks with me. there's a sound trigger and if you miss it you get one shot (yes i know what happens in that fight), i wiped twice on normal before i just turned it to very easy and turned the sound on cause i knew they liked to do that occasionally and i still ended it with 4 stacks

is the accessibility setting to make the soundwaves display on screen not workable?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I'm disappointed that the ship in the logo doesn't appear/our ship doesn't look like that

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

bagrada posted:

Did you do any daily duties or anything? As of starting the level 86 quests, I'm sitting at 88.2 monk (Anything MSQ related) and 84.2 red mage (all side quests and blue quests). I'm thinking I should have done the dungeons on my red mage and that might have balanced things out a bit but I didn't want to risk being stuck and having to go level like I did in Shadowbringers.

i did a few leveling/msq roulettes but not all of them and not every day.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Last 88 quest: does the big meetup scene change depending on what optional content you did in prior expansions? I got lines at least referencing the friends from the HW/StB raids, the auspices, and the Gaius WEAPON quests

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Last 88 quest: does the big meetup scene change depending on what optional content you did in prior expansions? I got lines at least referencing the friends from the HW/StB raids, the auspices, and the Gaius WEAPON quests

Yes

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

welp, zoned into zone 6 and immediately got spoiled on something via shout. awesome awesome awesome. I cast error 4004 on them forever.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

if you're curious about how cutscenes may or may not change based on previous quests you've done, you can check the Unending Journey book in an inn room and find the cutscene and see if it has a check box for "reflect quest progression" or something similar. if you uncheck it you can see how the cutscene plays out by default!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Followup: any references to Bozja or any of the other relics? AFAIK, they’re the only major optional content I never finished or even touched

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Followup: any references to Bozja or any of the other relics? AFAIK, they’re the only major optional content I never finished or even touched

Bozja absolutely gets a callback. I didn't see the other relics unfortunately.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Regalingualius posted:

It was mentioned that Bozja had sent a relic, although I don't think they specified what it was (evidently not Save the Queen).

I thought I had done most things besides Eureka but I feel like there was a bit of missing space. How many groups total can show up?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zeruel posted:

welp, zoned into zone 6 and immediately got spoiled on something via shout. awesome awesome awesome. I cast error 4004 on them forever.

I have to remind myself to set my chat box to just announcements when I log in.

In other news, I dig that RDM has those 3 charges, now I don't have to worry about something dying at the end of my melee combo, since I can open up the next fight with verflare/holy. Things dying at the end of the melee combo happens far, far more often than you would think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would just turn Shout off until you're done the expansion. There's no "ask around" things like Shadowbringers had so it's basically a net positive since the only things in chats are weird arguments, spoilers, and hunt callouts that are worthless unless you're 90 already.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Regalingualius posted:

Yes, and I assume it's about 20 seconds long without those.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Zeruel posted:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm about to head out there. Had one person make an honest mistake today when they forgot that one of the newbie zones you revisit was a newbie zone, but Zone 6 folks oughta know better.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I would just turn Shout off until you're done the expansion. There's no "ask around" things like Shadowbringers had so it's basically a net positive since the only things in chats are weird arguments, spoilers, and hunt callouts that are worthless unless you're 90 already.

I've seen a couple of folks calling out every aether current they find. We've all got a compass, mate.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I turned shout off (or rather, exiled it to the "event" tab) when I first reached Mor Dhona nearly 8 years ago and have never once regretted it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hmm I guess i should finish bozja

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 10, 2021

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Shout chat used to be relentlessly bombarded with rmt sellers in ARR so I moved it off my main tab and never went back.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
holy poo poo I completely forgot how dense this game was, I took a year long break after finishing heavensward and i just came back with the intention of blasting through stormblood and shadowbtingers to get to endwalker in one go thought I'd be able to transition from Heavensward to Stormblood quickly but I've been 12 hours solving mysteries with hildibrand, going on a cool sky pirate adventure against a ghost ship, getting a new robot body for a buddy, holy moly this game has nonstop content and I cant bring myself to just forcemyself on the main path.

I have no idea when I'll be able to transition to Stormblood if I try to finish all the blue plus quests I come across lol

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I used shout to get a rez the few times I bit off more than I could chew, and also rez those who did the same, as well as alerting people to fates if they didn't notice them.

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Dec 10, 2021

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Login servers will be doing a round of emergency maintenance tonight from 12:00am to 1:30am PST to implement the fix to the main cause of Error 3001 (unless you're on Tonberry, most of their 3001 is due to extreme population).

They're doing the downtime in turn for groups of servers so you'll still be able to attempt to login, but if the login server you're connected to goes down before you get into the game you'll get kicked and have to requeue.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I turned shout off (or rather, exiled it to the "event" tab) when I first reached Mor Dhona nearly 8 years ago and have never once regretted it

But shout chat in Mor Dhona was great when that one dude would just randomly go off on a tangent and argue with people. Ryu something.

A sad thing that has gone away, what with houses and the zone to get your end game gear no longer being in the final zone of that expansion cycle.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm about to head out there. Had one person make an honest mistake today when they forgot that one of the newbie zones you revisit was a newbie zone, but Zone 6 folks oughta know better.

At least on my server, Zone 6 shout chat is shitpost central. People are just sitting in the zone all day, waiting for the boss fate to spawn.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If I just entered Zadnor, how long would it take for me to get through it and to Dalriada?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

/sit

This expansion sucks

Leal fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 10, 2021

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/theyoungdoyler/status/1467416713482412032

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'm just gonna repost my tweet because it's 1am, I am extremely tired and brain fried, and I don't feel like reuploading the image. Anyways, all 90 crafters! The title is At Art's Horizon, which is lovely. I took off my Grandmaster Caster title for it :)

https://twitter.com/ArtThouBored/status/1469228088194076673?s=20

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I've finished Endwalker. And it was very, very good.

Thinking back, there were some weak moments, some truly incredible ones, but one of the things that I still can't get over how absolutely wonderful it is (level 84-ish) is the entire premise of the Loporrits. An army of magically-engineered rabbit people on the moon building a long-term habitation shelter for an entire sapient species that they've only read a book about yet still going about it with complete dedication, consideration, and sincerity is solid loving gold.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I've got Pugilist to 30 thanks to Hunting Logs and unlocked Monk. My thoughts on Pugilist itself? Well, it's a nice class and it was fun to use while doing the Leveling Roulette. I'll likely give a full opinion on Monk when I hit to 50 or something if I'm not using a different class for Leveling Roulette.

I also got Samurai to 59, so I'll likely get it to 60 later on.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Here I was thinking 5.X patches were dragging and then the climax of 5.3 happens, incredible

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raven77 posted:

Deleted, because I can’t figure out how to say what I want to, even with spoiler tags, without spoiling people. So never mind.

I dunno what this was but like you can just put "Spoilers up to [level]:" and tag the rest of your post. It's really not that tricky.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The new tome fending top dyes very nicely.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

catboy ja nai

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Leal posted:

/sit

This expansion sucks

:lol: I tried this exact same thing

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Leal posted:

/sit

This expansion sucks

Well, you aren't a member of the Forum, are you?

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I decided to stick with Reaper for the MSQ after getting it to 80. I'm up to 89 now, and it definitely comes together the most in these 10 levels. The only thing I kind of dislike is how the main 1-2-3 combo is nothing but pure filler. There's no reason to use it except when you have nothing better to do. Each hit is just a bit more damage than the last one and 10 soul gauge per hit. It feels like the final hit should do something extra, like Death's Design duration extension or something.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

Well, you aren't a member of the Forum, are you?

I'm a member of a forum, though not the Forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the chants are enchanted to keep plebs from sitting on them