Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Onean posted:

Login servers will be doing a round of emergency maintenance tonight from 12:00am to 1:30am PST to implement the fix to the main cause of Error 3001 (unless you're on Tonberry, most of their 3001 is due to extreme population).

They're doing the downtime in turn for groups of servers so you'll still be able to attempt to login, but if the login server you're connected to goes down before you get into the game you'll get kicked and have to requeue.

I'm not very optimistic they're gonna be able to fix it, I'd much rather they figure out what's causing the 90006 disconnects from inside the game not the queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Leal posted:

/sit

This expansion sucks

Chair is pushed in. Pull it out.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tamba posted:

At least on my server, Zone 6 shout chat is shitpost central. People are just sitting in the zone all day, waiting for the boss fate to spawn.
Why is everyone going for that fate anyway? I saw multiple people being like "it was in instance 3 earlier so it won't spawn again there for 72 hours" and whatnot - does it drop something like the fox ears from that other boss fate from stb?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Why is everyone going for that fate anyway? I saw multiple people being like "it was in instance 3 earlier so it won't spawn again there for 72 hours" and whatnot - does it drop something like the fox ears from that other boss fate from stb?

Kill it twice and you can buy the Level Checker mount.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Just did the level 90 dungeon (or 89? It's the zone 6 dungeon). Are you loving kidding me with that?? The third area of the dungeon especially?? And the second boss, so fun??

Every single dungeon so far has knocked it out of the park

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah the dungeons and trials are all really fun in Endwalker

I haven't done either of the EX trials yet but I hope they're as fun as their normal mode counterparts

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Harrow posted:

Yeah the dungeons and trials are all really fun in Endwalker

I haven't done either of the EX trials yet but I hope they're as fun as their normal mode counterparts

From what I've heard from my FC mates, they're even better. Second trial EX in particular has had glowing (and also "gently caress you for reminding me of E12S aaaaaaaa") reviews.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

So far really enjoying the expansion. Obviously I'm on the (Zone 3 spoiler) In From The Cold hate club, but I think I may hate (88 MSQ) Sage Advice (and the whole chain of quests when you get back to Labarynthos in general) even more. I get I'm waiting on the scrap metal, but I'm sure there are better uses of my time than wandering around being a tour guide for moon rabbits and playing guidance councilor for a bunch of cave dwelling nerds. Wandering around that huge search area for 20 minutes gave me 2.x patch content flashbacks.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Release the soundtrack you cowards

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My only gripe about the expansion is the final zone music at the end. I hate that song and just turn off BGM in that zone now.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Infidel Castro posted:

So far really enjoying the expansion. Obviously I'm on the (Zone 3 spoiler) In From The Cold hate club, but I think I may hate (88 MSQ) Sage Advice (and the whole chain of quests when you get back to Labarynthos in general) even more. I get I'm waiting on the scrap metal, but I'm sure there are better uses of my time than wandering around being a tour guide for moon rabbits and playing guidance councilor for a bunch of cave dwelling nerds. Wandering around that huge search area for 20 minutes gave me 2.x patch content flashbacks.

It's a shame since zone 5 until the second trial has probably the highest highs of the expansion, but also some lows with the busywork. Sage Advice didn't even take me that long but seeing no progress on an x/8 in that size of area is depressing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

My only gripe about the expansion is the final zone music at the end. I hate that song and just turn off BGM in that zone now.

This is the most hosed up thing I've read all day and I look in the spoiler thread.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mr. Nice! posted:

:catstare:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah, I wish they hadn’t changed it. I liked it when it played during the story but I don’t want it playing all the time. The original BGM was better.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Are we talking about Close in the Distance? Because the slow buildup of adding instruments and then the vocal track is one of the best parts of that entire zone!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

zenos is a cutscene skipper endgame try hard

it makes more and more sense the more you think about it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo I completely forgot how dense this game was, I took a year long break after finishing heavensward and i just came back with the intention of blasting through stormblood and shadowbtingers to get to endwalker in one go thought I'd be able to transition from Heavensward to Stormblood quickly but I've been 12 hours solving mysteries with hildibrand, going on a cool sky pirate adventure against a ghost ship, getting a new robot body for a buddy, holy moly this game has nonstop content and I cant bring myself to just forcemyself on the main path.

I have no idea when I'll be able to transition to Stormblood if I try to finish all the blue plus quests I come across lol

I get the feeling you're absolutely going to love the rest of XIV.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

acumen posted:

Are we talking about Close in the Distance? Because the slow buildup of adding instruments and then the vocal track is one of the best parts of that entire zone!

It absolutely is, but you gotta come down from the top of the rollercoaster eventually.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

what the gently caress

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Minera posted:

zenos is a cutscene skipper endgame try hard

it makes more and more sense the more you think about it

Its why he pwns :twisted:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Infidel Castro posted:

I've also learned I hate hedges. That area is kinda a pain to navigate in general, but those in particular are extra-annoying.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Overall I really don't think the music in this expansion has hit me as hard as the music in Shadowbringers did. Maybe over the next couple years my feelings will change and I'll develop new favorites, but the things that stand out the most are the callbacks, which are admittedly very effective at times, but make it hard for me to credit this expansion for having its own musical identity. The music in Shadowbringers was godly though, so I'm not saying it's bad in Endwalker or anything, just not as amazing for me.

As for the expansions themselves, I'm not quite done due to the unfortunately timed crash last night, but the question is basically which one is 1A and which one is 1B right now in terms of rankings, because they're both incredible. I have mixed feelings about some of the more involved duties though. Like honestly, I feel a little less patient with the limitations of MMO combat/gameplay after playing some awesome singleplayer games this year, so I get why they want to keep pushing the limits of what they can do within this framework, but I kind of feel like it just drives home the issue instead of solving it.

Infidel Castro posted:

I think I may hate (88 MSQ) Sage Advice (and the whole chain of quests when you get back to Labarynthos in general) even more. I get I'm waiting on the scrap metal, but I'm sure there are better uses of my time than wandering around being a tour guide for moon rabbits and playing guidance councilor for a bunch of cave dwelling nerds. Wandering around that huge search area for 20 minutes gave me 2.x patch content flashbacks.

Wow, I had the total opposite reaction, I loving loved everything to do with the moon rabbits, and think the amount of comedy in this one to balance how dark the plot is worked amazingly well. The rabbit eating the lemon made me laugh my rear end off, and the one quest where you're looking for people to help and the black box pops up to say She's doing better than you are! owned too (though that particular quest did go on too long).

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Is it just me or does the leveling feel a bit smoother/faster this time around? Even in ShB I was usually getting gated on the MSQ at least once per new area until I re-ran whatever the latest dungeon was to top off another level. I'm just about to start the 83 solo duty now and I haven't been gated even once so far.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Leveling is way faster this time, to the point where I was consistently a level ahead despite skipping most side quests.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Is it just me or does the leveling feel a bit smoother/faster this time around? Even in ShB I was usually getting gated on the MSQ at least once per new area until I re-ran whatever the latest dungeon was to top off another level. I'm just about to start the 83 solo duty now and I haven't been gated even once so far.

You are absolutely going to be ahead of the curve through MSQ alone. Do any sidequests/roulettes/dungeons/etc and you'll hit 90 long before endgame. I'd recommend saving side quests for alt-jobs or whatever so you're not wasting that precious precious MSQ exp.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

MSQ gives an absolute ton of xp. I did nothing but that, six FATEs per zone, aether current quests (and a couple other side quests that looked interesting) and three days worth of hunt bills. By the end of was two levels over MSQ and was never gated at any point.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

It absolutely is, but you gotta come down from the top of the rollercoaster eventually.

Exactly, the music was great for that particular part of the MSQ, but I don't need it playing constantly throughout the entire zone now. Just put it in a particular area or take out the vocals at least. The original BGM was nice and chill and fit the area really well, now it's just a little too much.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I only got gated at 86 and 89, for 86 I was only like 3 quests away and 89 I just did one Leveling Roulette.

Anyone else recognize a lot of the dungeon bosses' mechanics from Bozja? :v:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

You are absolutely going to be ahead of the curve through MSQ alone. Do any sidequests/roulettes/dungeons/etc and you'll hit 90 long before endgame. I'd recommend saving side quests for alt-jobs or whatever so you're not wasting that precious precious MSQ exp.

That is not true. I've had to break twice as sage to knock out a few fates or side quests to catch up to the level required. It's not by a large amount though, and probably wouldn't be the case if I didn't insist on doing the aether current unlocks on my warrior.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Sinteres posted:

Wow, I had the total opposite reaction, I loving loved everything to do with the moon rabbits, and think the amount of comedy in this one to balance how dark the plot is worked amazingly well. The rabbit eating the lemon made me laugh my rear end off, and the one quest where you're looking for people to help and the black box pops up to say She's doing better than you are! owned too (though that particular quest did go on too long).

I think the fact that the 2 hour queues hampering play time might be part of it. If I had done it over the weekend I'd probably enjoy it more since my anxiety riddled brain wouldn't be demanding something happen before I have to go to bed.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TGLT posted:

That is not true. I've had to break twice as sage to knock out a few fates or side quests to catch up to the level required. It's not by a large amount though, and probably wouldn't be the case if I didn't insist on doing the aether current unlocks on my warrior.

This is something Yoshida explicitly addressed in a recent news topic: that last-minute changes resulted in their original calculations for MSQ EXP being off. You'll need to do the Aether Current quests, explore all the zones fully for the bonus EXP, and do two or three of the big ticket EXP roulettes to progress normally.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The only time I’ve gotten annoyed with the music so far is when (88 MSQ) the BGM for Labyrinthos gets overridden with the “heroic” theme, and even then, that’s almost entirely because it’s a bit too short of a loop.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Kill it twice and you can buy the Level Checker mount.

I can't tell if this is zone 6 or near end spoilery or just a fun unrelated mount

The zone fate for another one popped and you don't get flying for that area till way later so I just treaded water and watched it flip swords through the air

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 10, 2021

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Vermain posted:

This is something Yoshida explicitly addressed in a recent news topic: that last-minute changes resulted in their original calculations for MSQ EXP being off. You'll need to do the Aether Current quests, explore all the zones fully for the bonus EXP, and do two or three of the big ticket EXP roulettes to progress normally.

Yeah I'm not surprised. It wasn't a huge deal either, I think maybe three side quests the first time then my role quest plus two or so more the second time.

Also, unrelated, (lvl 84 Zone 4 side quest) carrot cards

hazardousmouse posted:

I can't tell if this is zone 6 or near end spoilery or just a fun unrelated mount

I think Sqenix posted pictures of it publicly before? And it's a reference to an older FF5 enemy so, shrug.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Vermain posted:

I missed that, where did he say it?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

hazardousmouse posted:

The zone fate for another one popped and you don't get flying for that area till way later so I just treaded water and watched it flip swords through the air

Wait is that what the square arenas are for. Neat.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FuturePastNow posted:

I missed that, where did he say it?

It's in an updated Current Known Issues post on the Lodestone. It also mentions that NIN's Raiju actions are getting hosed up by Hollow Nozuchi, so the job'll feel a bit weird until they hotfix it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I leveled both DNC and PLD from 80 to 90 with just msq and fates with maybe 4-5 roulettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There was a Level Checker in one of the previous expansion raids