Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I finally got to get started last night (just in time for all day server maintenance today (:eng99:), but wanted to share my PC with y'all since that seems to be encouraged. I'm playing on Goblin server right now, but hope to jump to Excalibur to play with y'all when it opens up.

Really loved getting lost in Ul'dah and then finding out that those quests were designed to do exactly that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Sir Simon Milligan posted:

I’m totally biased but hit up Third Party Tools when you come over. Honestly can’t go wrong with any of the other goon FCs though. Everyone’s super chill and helpful. If you’re enjoying just getting started you’ll love this game, especially when ya hop over to a FC.

I'm looking forward to it. I think I got pushed onto a preferred server, so. I may need to wait 90 days.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
You are all cute ITT. Please don't ever stop sharing selfies.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

DeathSandwich posted:

On my (granted) 50 BLM, I feel like Blizzard 3 has pretty much all but taken Blizzard 1's spot and Freeze has pretty much rendered Blizzard 2 completely moot.

I'm basically running Blizz III --> Thunder III --> Fire IV --> Fire III to exhaustion (Fire IV when free), rinse, repeat on my 52 BLM at the moment.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Let's not forget that Thunder Rolls sounds like it was pulled from NieR

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Maybe if they ban all the bots, I can transfer to Exaclibur :gonk:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Are the bot accounts just free trials? It could cost them very little.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've been thinking about writing up a BLM leveling guide for this thread (since I don't raid) and I'd love to know what people are getting stuck on.

Please do, I feel like I'm not rotating effectively at all (lvl 55).

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

FactsAreUseless posted:

55's awkward because you don't have Enochian yet, and at 56 Enochian is going to make a big difference. You're still going to have the same single-target Fire 1/proc Fire 3 spam rotation. Make sure you keep those T3s up. AOE is going to be Fire 2, Fire 2, Flare, Transpose, Freeze, F3, repeat. 56, 58, and 60 are all transformative levels for BLM. Blizzard 4 isn't that helpful at 58, but it does raise your DPS by letting you spam Fire more. At 60 B4/F4 make more sense together.

Also don't neglect Ley Lines. Try to have them up for as much of your fire phases as possible. You should be able to cast it about once every other pull most dungeons IIRC.

Are the two Fire 2s for the beginning of AOE to get Astral Fire up to tier 3?

Otherwise, it is encouraging to know that I'm about to unlock the remaining tools once I get into Heavensward and start hitting 60. Thank you

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

FactsAreUseless posted:

No sorry, I was assuming you were starting with three AF from the standard ice to fire opener. You'll actually Freeze, F3, then the F2s. At 60 you'll add Blizz 4 and more F2s, as above.

Okay, that makes more sense. I don't think I'm as lost as I thought I was. :feelsgood:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Your Computer posted:

I've also seen some tanks toggle it off after initial aggro because they refuse to read tooltips and think it reduces their dps :negative:

This might sound silly, but why is the tank worried about their DPS?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I knew it was a silly question!

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Countblanc posted:

Why wouldn't they? Im not being flippant, like what incentive would someone have to not want to do the most damage possible?

I more meant to imply that why would the tank worry about dps at the expense of tanking and holding aggro. I knew it was silly but still asked!

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Fair enough. I'm still leveling through the game for my first time (just got to Heavensward), so I have a lot to learn.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

WilliamAnderson posted:

Hey everyone, I'm just getting into FFXIV, I'm up to Heavensward content, does everyone here hang out on the same server? I managed to get into Balmung for the small amount of time that it wasn't congested to join a friend's FC.

We have a lot of players on the Crystal datacenter. If you want to join the CLWS, join the discord and ask for an invite in the #ffxiv-lfg-na-other channel.

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 22, 2019

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I used a fantasia and went Hrothgar. My burly lionman is good

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Kerrzhe posted:

gonna need screenshot proof of this friend

Of course!

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I can't explain how much harder it is to take the MSQ cutscenes seriously now.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Yea, that quest hosed me up, coincidentally tonight as well.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I think I'm one of the BLM pubbies y'all complain about because I end up dying at least once per raid/dungeon/trial :(

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Twibbit posted:

it happens, you only stay alive once you get used to the attack patterns in the trial.

That's reassuring!

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Here is a question, how do people handle their hotbars for level syncs? I keep getting caught out because I'm never prepped for when I get sync'd down to 50 or whatever and lose Fire/Blizzard IV

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I promise I still have Fire I on my bar! It's part of my rotation!

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I switched my job gauge to the simple gauge, and centered it, and it has been extremely beneficial to my capabilities. I've gone from being an absolute liability, to mostly a liability.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Wow, I am blown away at how good the glams are itt.

Here is my BLM Hrothgar with heavy thirst.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

THF13 posted:

This post reminded me to check the results for this week, thanks!

:dance:

Wow, congrats. loving bodied the op though, kinda rude

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

the_steve posted:

That, and sometimes you just don't feel like spending 100 gil when you can spend 5, and can go top off your drink or grab a snack real quick while your character rides.

This, and sometimes is nice and chill.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

AnonSpore posted:

Is it possible to show the pad crossbars while on kbm? I've got some wonky custom hotbar setups going which actually leaves me wishing I had just one or two more hotbars (yes I'm using all 10) to keep track of CDs and such.

Screenshot, please.

I'm thinking there is a way, but you'd probably need to tinker in the settings. I think if you enable controller mode, there is a settings option in there to enable keyboard and keyboard hotbars. I don't know if this would quite get you where you want to be, but close, maybe?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Seems clever, I should move my ant abilities and CDs more central

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
As I watch the credits roll of Stormblood this very moment, I really, really loved it. I can't rank it because when I played Heavensward I had jumped into it immediately after ARR, 2.X content, and it turned into a grind.

For Stormblood, I came in after a long hiatus. I really loved how much better the dungeons all were the most, but thought the story was pretty fun overall.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

FeatherFloat posted:

Tomestone gear is great, but yeah, sometimes you're a piece or two short. I make a steady income just making and listing gear to fill in the gaps left by the MSQ-granted gear or the points when people generally get a new tomestone set. Individually they're inexpensive items, but it adds up over time.

Run daily roulettes and you'll get enough Tomestones pretty quickly to get everything and upgrade while working through the expansions. Especially if you get the new player bonus on MSQR.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

But if I have a PS4 license, will it transfer to PS5? That's the question I want an answer to.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Waffleman_ posted:

They did when they dropped PS3 support, but I think until they drop PS4, you'd have to rebuy.

That’s my general guess too. I’m considering jumping on a PS4 license while it’s on sale, but I’m not quite sure if I should. I have other games to play!

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

HenryEx posted:

Also, have you SEEN those glasses?

/play Baba O'Riley

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
If, as a DPS, I wanted to see how my damage compares to the rest of my party, what's the best way to do that? There doesn't seem to be any in-game way (and, as I understand, is intentional by the dev to prevent toxicity).

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Awesome. I can manage finding/installing a tool. I'll be curious to see how amazing-ly bad my DPS is.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CYBEReris posted:

You may also be able to find existing logs people have uploaded that include your character on fflogs. definitely not guaranteed to be your finest moments though!

Unfortunately, I am not on there. Probably because I'm still leveling.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
FCs make roulettes better, IMO

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Omega raid series is super memorable

This has been my favorite part of the game so far. I had a genuine blast running this over the weekend with a bunch of goons carrying me. I'm extremely excited to hit the level cap to explore all the other non-MSQ stuff in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Zack Ater posted:

Out of curiosity, did you do normals or savage, and synced or unsynced? O11S (synced) is probably my favorite fight in the game so far.

Ran it unsynced the other day with a full party of 80s... Poor level checker. We killed it before the +/- tethers even went out. Only having one bar of LB makes the ult pretty spicy, though.

Unsynced. But I'd love to try it sync'd sometime. Honestly, I want to do a lot of this game unsync'd eventually