Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Boy do I wish they would do away with making you play as party members and others, it really just brings the momentum to a grinding halt for me.

But alas everyone seems to love them since they've only grown in frequency since they were introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Just came back to this after not playing since shadowbringers first came out, yesterday I wasn't having a problem, today all my mounts move at walking speed and can't fly, did I press some key that I'm missing here? friends are useless, google just sends me to a bunch of how-tos on how to unlock flying, tried relogging and restarting, I have all the aether currents unlocked, I'm in a flying zone, I'm seeing other players flying.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

nope no walking icon, num / just made me move even slower, I always have double jump take off on, I even tried switching it to the other one and no dice.

edit: I went to a different zone and now I can fly? maybe I didn't have all the currents in lakeland, oops.

Mordiceius posted:

This may seem like a random question - but how old is your PC?

couldn't be newer, 8700k 3070 32gb, ok I guess it could be newer.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 18, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

Its not the queues themselves (anyone that played MMOs the last 10 years has had to deal with them at some point), its the crashing of the queue and losing your spot and starting all over again from the back of the line.

Which just happened to me. :smith:

oh ok I'm glad(?) it's not just me, I resubbed for early access and have not been able to get in period just been starting at 4500+ in queue, get about 500 down, lobby error crash, rinse repeat play forza

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

HPanda posted:

Ok East coast people, go to bed. I’m finally off work and it’s my turn now.

I'm east coast and I just got off of work so :colbert:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Tainen posted:

Been trying to login for the last three and a half hours but get kicked from the queue every 20 minutes…

In other news I see FF13-2 just went up on gamepass… I’m sure that will be a ok replacement… it can’t be that bad… right?!

I mean, it's 13 without the arbitrary battle system limitations and a cool pokemon collection system, the story is pretty bonkers, had really good music though, overall I liked it, and I mostly disliked 13.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

The whole time I was a Viera during SHB I was like man I should'a stayed a dargon, now that I've fantasiad back to a Xaela I'm like man I should'a stayed a rabbid.

maybe I should just roll a potato

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

3000 queue already at noon.
cool, cool cool cool

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Mad Wack posted:

also if you have the ff7 bike from the store it always goes the max speed possible on the ground as if you had the maps

woah, I was wondering why I'm always slowly passing other people.

Spiggy posted:

Only 2.4k here :smugdog:

I did manage to get to 5.55 this morning before having to go grocery shopping. Hopefully I'll get to play a few hours into the expansion this afternoon but I've decided I'm not rejoining the queue if I get bumped to the back.

yesterday when I logged in at noon there was only like 100 ppl queue, I figured today would be the same, I was wrong.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

my queue only goes down on every other "refresh", so it'll be like 3000-3000-2980-2980-2930-2930 and so on, even when it was only 100 people in the queue it did the same thing.

apparently we're getting free days which is cool.

squareenix posted:

■ Game time compensation due to congestion

Considering that we are asking players to wait in queues for extremely long periods of time and the ongoing situation making it difficult to play normally, we have decided that during the official release of Endwalker on December 7, we will be granting 7 days of free game time to all players who own the full version of the game and have an active subscription. This also includes players who are currently playing on the 30-day free play period included when registering the full version of the game and those with multiple accounts.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 5, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Cardboard Fox posted:

Just started the final Stormblood patch and my jaw hit the floor. I was absolutely not expecting that. Holy poo poo this game.

I'm not even at Shadowbringers yet....

Stormblood is good :colbert:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

It's really grown on me, I was grinding MSQ really hard when I got to it so I was super burned out and some of the slower parts felt like an absolute slog.

I think it gets a bad rap, though I was pretty sick of ala-mhigo in the end and I liked Lyse better when she was "Yda"

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 5, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

got 2002'd at 1500, then 2002'd twice while trying to log back in and somehow got my place back :f5:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I closed the game, may god have mercy on my soul.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

drat XIVLauncher is good :hai:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I can't believe you guys would say that about SA's son.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Off work and I'm not even given the option to log in to my main. I'm immediately told the world is full and I can't even queue. It'll let me get in the queue with other characters but I don't want to play with those :mad:

same, and why not, work was already atrocious.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

finally got past that 3001 bs and now I'm in queue but it hasn't moved from 1210 in at least 10 refreshes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Onean posted:

Login servers will be doing a round of emergency maintenance tonight from 12:00am to 1:30am PST to implement the fix to the main cause of Error 3001 (unless you're on Tonberry, most of their 3001 is due to extreme population).

They're doing the downtime in turn for groups of servers so you'll still be able to attempt to login, but if the login server you're connected to goes down before you get into the game you'll get kicked and have to requeue.

I'm not very optimistic they're gonna be able to fix it, I'd much rather they figure out what's causing the 90006 disconnects from inside the game not the queue.