Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The sniper boss in 4 & the approach to Code Talker's mansion were my favorite fights, aside from the obvious Rex vs Ray & Snake vs L Ocelot in 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Decoy Octopus owns. Also calling in a supply drop and landing it on Quiet's head to stun her

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Watching an OHN in depth stream of MGS1 and man it really was a masterpiece. It’s the only game in the series to me where it never feels like something is missing. I wouldn’t have thought twice about Decoys limited involvement if it hadn’t been pointed out to me.. did they actually cut a boss fight that was intended for him?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is what kojima said about it in 2015 in a japenese interview lol " Kojima actually sees Decoy Octopus as an original approach to a boss fight as well: you’re expecting to fight him but never do."

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I think the Laughing Octopus fight was basically what Kojima wanted to do in MGS1 with Decoy Octopus. It's crazy to me that early prototypes of MGS1 had the Mk. II which didn't show up for another decade.

MGS1 is so good. The atmosphere is so unlike anything else in the series. Everything is brooding and shadowy and the soundtrack is dope John Carpenter synth

Zas posted:

this is what kojima said about it in 2015 in a japenese interview lol " Kojima actually sees Decoy Octopus as an original approach to a boss fight as well: you’re expecting to fight him but never do."

Lmao. I can believe he always really thought this because he's the guy who wanted MGS2 to be called Metal Gear Solid III because it resembled the Twin Towers or whatever

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 11, 2019

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Lmao. I can believe he always really thought this because he's the guy who wanted MGS2 to be called Metal Gear Solid III because it resembled the Twin Towers or whatever

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860675&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post491255552

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Zas posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Every time I watch one of these I see a new codec call. If you call Campbell on the roof while you’re fighting Liqud in the hind, if you set your sound to Mono there’s whole sequence of calls where everyone makes fun of you for not having a stereo tv

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

extremebuff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLF53T4eHWY

i watched this the other day, didn't know about over half the poo poo in this video and i've beaten mgs2 a million times. theres so many unnecessary details and secrets its crazy

ive been itching to replay mgs3. maybe i'll get the collection soon

There is 15+ minutes of secrets before he even gets off the prequel boat.

I loving love hideo Kojima

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I got to play the PS2 and was dumbfounded.

It was like seeing the 3DO at a person's house. Why did you purchase that?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zeluth posted:

thanks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zeluth posted:

WORST POSTER IN THE SCROTO TOOTH THREAD BY A COUNTRY MILE.
SUCK THE poo poo STRAIGHT OUT OF MY TOOTHHOLE. P.S: MODS, IF YOU SEE THIS POSTER CONTINUING TO SPAM UP THREADS IN GBS WITH ALCOHOLIC YOUTUBE LINKS, MAYBE YOU SHOULD BAN HIM

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
The scroto tooth thread

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That 3d0 aliens game was sick though

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
It’s wild that MGSV is both one of the best games ps4 games and also one of its largest disappointments.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Metal Gear Online for ps4 could’ve been incredible. I never got into the battle royale games but a MGO BR in the jungles of Africa with all of the toys & traps & vehicles would’ve been insane

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmgfso always

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Metal Gear Online for ps4 could’ve been incredible. I never got into the battle royale games but a MGO BR in the jungles of Africa with all of the toys & traps & vehicles would’ve been insane

MGO3 was some of the best online gaming up until someone figured out how easy it was to hack and then every other guy had infinite ammo and hp, couldn't be knocked down etc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hopefully the baby will be able to dab on thanos in the death stranding br where u do ponderous sony 1st party game combat qhile ahuffling boxes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Hopefully the baby will be able to dab on thanos in the death stranding br where u do ponderous sony 1st party game combat qhile ahuffling boxes

This seems unlikely.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cab Calloway - A-hufflin' boxes.mp3

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Phil knows what month it is.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1151170439088992256

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Did MGO3 have Snake Mode I can’t remember. That was the best mode in Og MGO

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Who’s that weird you tuber who is really bad at playing metal gear solid games.

The dude who has the snake eater run and he literally got stuck at the option menus that pop up at the start of a new game?

It’s funny content

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSH39aiTx2A

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Thank you

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

DSP and Big Saru in gaming Valhalla, forever

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Put the one where he’s like This should be safe and lays down in a room and 5 guards rush in single file and kill him.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Put the one where he’s like This should be safe and lays down in a room and 5 guards rush in single file and kill him.

lol its so good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I want to replay the mgs games but to play the hd versions id have to plug in mys ps3 and find a ps3 controller that works but theyre all chinese bootlegs now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Well I can still play mgs 1 and msx metal gear 2.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Wistfully dreaming about Shoot Gunner, Jungle Evil, and Running Man lovingly rendered in the Fox Engine

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
mfw i trade in Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection so i can buy Red Dead Redemption 2

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I never played Twin Snakes, does having first person mode make it trivial

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I never played Twin Snakes, does having first person mode make it trivial

Yeah, that plus having a tranquilizer gun. It’s still fun and worth checking out, but the PSX version is better in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The first time I brought a tank to the quiet fight and she snipes the tank in like three hits freaking owned