Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Made my first level
QJT-VVQ-G6G
easy, short, & fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just finished my first level
BG3-BX8-RDG
I think it is fun!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat this is good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fawf posted:

Made my first level! Keeping it simple for now, only has a couple goombas

GVQ-TV7-2JF

Promised two, delivered two.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Made a simple Mario 3 style level.

GSR-4W5-P5G

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I would have thought Nintendo Online app might have a SMM2 service by now, but apparently it ain't today. Some sort of bookmark website like in the previous iteration would be nice anyway.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

DalaranJ posted:

Press Y. It might only work when a menu is highlighted?

e: I fixed the joke video in post 2 so it actually links.

What do you mean by highlighted menu? I've tried tapping Y, I've tried holding it, but the radial menu won't show up unless I press the magnifying glass.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
GVL-H6F-T8G

I mario maked a level. Messing around a bit with see-saws.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive played every level posted so far

really enjoyed all the creativity :)

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Thank you for the kind words on my Mario 3 course Eonwe.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thanks Eonwe. I haven't been able to try any of the threads yet but I don't have work tomorrow so I should get a good chance.

Oh yeah did you find the coolant tank?

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 28, 2019

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Some of the current popular levels are dang good. I like the fortress one that ends with a Bowser fight that uses switches to right him. Surprisingly low completion rate, tho.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
The story mode has a very good dog.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Going through the campaign right now, I had no idea that the poison mushrooms CHASE YOU. I'll make a horrible level with an angry sun and a poison mushroom later.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Impermanent posted:

Some of the current popular levels are dang good. I like the fortress one that ends with a Bowser fight that uses switches to right him. Surprisingly low completion rate, tho.

Yeah, that was really fun. As far as the low completion rate, I think its just the fact that there are a ton of like literal kids playing, so something like that is maybe a bit too tough ffor them

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

eonwe posted:

ive played every level posted so far

really enjoyed all the creativity :)

:buddy:

Anyone know how to raise your upload limit? I have 32 hearts on my first course and can upload 32 stages so wondering if it's just tied to that.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

:buddy:

Anyone know how to raise your upload limit? I have 32 hearts on my first course and can upload 32 stages so wondering if it's just tied to that.

32 is what you start with.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm still at SGDQ so no streams for me until next week probably but I got to my AirBNB, made a simple level (need to test it before uploading it), and got like 150th place in expert at 2 in the morning after a day of wild raucousness.

Game... Good???

Can't wait to stream level creation and stream goon levels!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

A couple of courses - I'd love feedback on them!

First one I did - easy and kind of bad - GSF-H39-RDG
Second one - better but maybe too hard? - L2K-103-PSF

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Forgive me if I sound like a dunce, but how do I view a level code of a level I've already uploaded? Coursebot doesn't seem to have it anywhere on the level itself.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Not that I’ve got boundless hope but it’d be nice if the online latency improved

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I didn’t get Mario Maker on the Wii U so this is all new for me. I made one level before work and I’m now sat at my desk thinking about all the different possibilities for designs.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Finished my first level. It's a remake of a SMM1 level of mine. It's hard, but straightforward and short.

ID# 280-7HX-5MF

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Kirios posted:

A couple of courses - I'd love feedback on them!

First one I did - easy and kind of bad - GSF-H39-RDG
Second one - better but maybe too hard? - L2K-103-PSF

First's one easy, but it's also a better level imo. The second one... maybe ease up on the Piranha spam, the sub areas seem pointless and the genuinely challenging jumping area would benefit enormously from a checkpoint.

That said, I kind of suck at this game, so grain of salt...

Q_res fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 28, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i spent too much time playing Mario Maker and didn't sleep. whoops!

I'm not a maker person but the levels in story mode are really well done, and I can't wait to see what you all (and the community at large) will bring to the table once some time has passed and everyone has more experience under their belt. Honestly though, in the meantime i really didn't expect the Easy Endless Challenge to be so... chill. like none of the levels have been terribly threatening (aside from one where it took an embarrassing amount of time to beat a winged Bam-Bam) and they hand out 1ups like candy so you're never really at risk of actually losing. it makes the stakes very low and all of the levels are either weird remakes of existing Mario levels (played straight or fun parodies of them, like the SMB 1-1, But With Stupid Amounts Of Slopes that I played which was very fun) or people's first levels and experiments with some of the new mechanics, so there's a good amount of variety without frustration. I started saying I was gonna try to get to 10, then 15, and then I ended up doing over 20 levels, just because it was very easy to play one more.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is every piece available from the get or do you have to do the date unlock thing like MM1?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I didn’t make anything tonight but played a lot and my first impression, coming from a lot of time in the first game, is levels feel much more authentic now and like “real” Mario levels. Just having slopes does so much.

KidDynamite posted:

Is every piece available from the get or do you have to do the date unlock thing like MM1?

Everything is unlocked from the get go except the Superball powerup for SMB1 and the hammer for 3D World. Maybe a few others I’m forgetting but mostly everything is unlocked.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 28, 2019

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Played about ten minutes between waking up and going to the gym. Random q. How the hell do I spin jump in SMW or NSMB?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Omnikin posted:

Played about ten minutes between waking up and going to the gym. Random q. How the hell do I spin jump in SMW or NSMB?

ZR

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

That actually is v smart. I used to hate bridging buttons on the SNES. Thanks!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Is there a way to view the course ID again after uploading a level?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Made my first level!

DYS-F6C-GGF

A simple Mario 3 level based around facing down Hammer Bros in various situations. It should be fairly straightforward but hopefully fun to play!

Now time to check out everybody else's levels in here.

(You can view your course ID by going to your Course World, going to your own profile by hitting Y, and then heading over to Uploaded Courses.)

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Thank you!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jealous of you all who have been able to play the game so far! :argh:

So can't wait for next week.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Won’t be getting it until after work.

Can’t wait to share with you folks :woop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
planning to play every level posted, cant wait!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wow you can't place very many of those extendy piranha plants at all :(

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

nrook posted:

(You can view your course ID by going to your Course World, going to your own profile by hitting Y, and then heading over to Uploaded Courses.)

Aha, thank you friend.

Here's a short course I made to test out using a controller in maker mode. Not perfect, but somewhere in the realm of good enough. Having to switch between cursor and menu mode constantly is not ideal. Making something large may be a little slower and a little more frustrating but still totally plausible.

QGG-MC5-BQF

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Watching some streamers play this and holy poo poo this game has some ridiculous slowdown in some multiplayer levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

After making one level I have to say I definitely think the docked controls are good. It was really easy to find whatever item I want and really quick to erase, select, move, copy, or do other menu stuff