Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

made a desert scrolling skull level: 2Q5-2HM-7VF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I streamed a lot of the first game, and am also planning to do the same with this. I'm actually going to do a marathon of it on Sunday, so I guess this is as good a time as any to drop a link: https://www.twitch.tv/novasol

Probably going to start with story mode, then make a level, then dive into what will surely be a sewer (Endless Expert) but who knows!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Six hours until my mail gets here...

I'm probably going to make a basic, no post-1987 parts SMB1/2 level to get a feel for the new interface first. Then I'll start getting silly.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time, so I just spent 400+€ on a switch bundle, though I doubt I'll end up buying more than 3 or 4 games total for the thing. And I won't even have time to play until the end of next week, but then I'll hopefully drown in random garbage :toot:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Knocking out a few goon levels before I have to login to work.

Kirios posted:

A couple of courses - I'd love feedback on them!

First one I did - easy and kind of bad - GSF-H39-RDG
Second one - better but maybe too hard? - L2K-103-PSF

First one was fine apart from when I unsuspectingly slid into the spike block at the end. For the second one there are jumps that are hard to pull off with big Mario due to low ceilings. Make sure when you're testing that you play every section of your level with whatever power up state Mario can be in. Also I think you should make your power ups tiered to give Fire Flowers which are fun to use in piranha plant levels. I'll also echo the complaint about the lack of a checkpoint at the midway mark.

Crusader posted:

made a desert scrolling skull level: 2Q5-2HM-7VF

This one feels overwhelming at first but it ended up being fun and I think it was smart to keep it short.

nrook posted:

Made my first level!

DYS-F6C-GGF

A simple Mario 3 level based around facing down Hammer Bros in various situations. It should be fairly straightforward but hopefully fun to play!

Now time to check out everybody else's levels in here.
I liked this one. Hammer Bro courses can be tough to do well but I thought you had them positioned fairly.

Sam Faust posted:

Finished my first level. It's a remake of a SMM1 level of mine. It's hard, but straightforward and short.

ID# 280-7HX-5MF

I feel like you need to tone the difficulty down on this one for it to be fun to play. You've already made each arena time limited by way of having bombs exploding the floors, you really don't need the bullet blaster pushing players out of the room.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Just finished my first level
BG3-BX8-RDG
I think it is fun!
Agreed. Nice theme on this one.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

J-Spot posted:

This one feels overwhelming at first but it ended up being fun and I think it was smart to keep it short.

thanks for the feedback!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How do you do a standing spin jump in 3d world style? I've seen people do it but doing the control stick doesn't do it, the spin jump button does a long jump(though it spins in mid air) I thought maybe hold up but that doesn't do it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I'm sort of disappointed that the 3D World motif doesn't let you make actual 3D levels but I suppose that would have been a little more complicated. The Story Mode's fun so far though.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Mr. Eraser is evil.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mario Galaxy Maker for cool physics and Yoshi's Island-style levels

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Please post your levels to the goon spreadsheet! I want to play them all but meticulously going through and pulling them out of here will quickly become a chore

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Is the single player story mode worth it by itself? I don't have the time, motivation or creativity to make anything worthwhile on my own, and if the community is anything like the first game, the user-created levels will ludicrous, unfun bullshit or things that play themselves.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Picking this up tonight! :D I had hundreds of hours on the WiiU version and now I am going to replicate some of those levels!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Spellman posted:

Mario Galaxy Maker for cool physics and Yoshi's Island-style levels

For real, it'd be awesome if the following were added as (obviously 2D or 2.5D) styles:

Mario Galaxy
Sunshine
Mario 64
SMB2 USA (I have to specify USA, since all y'all are already making way more heinous poo poo than the ACTUAL SMB2)
Mario Land
Yoshi's Island

Am I forgetting anything that isn't bullshit like Hotel Mario or Mario is Missing?

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!
Made one real dumb level last night just to mess with the controls since I didn't play SMM1, QJP-SBJ-PFF

has anyone played the online multiplayer yet? It was fun but about half my matches were so laggy it was hard to get a rhythm going through the level. I definitely started up about an hour later than I intended to just playing random levels last night, the game is good.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Did they not update the bookmark site to work with maker 2? Why does Nintendo always do these dumb things

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is gonna be a hard work day to get through.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Almost Smart posted:

Is the single player story mode worth it by itself? I don't have the time, motivation or creativity to make anything worthwhile on my own, and if the community is anything like the first game, the user-created levels will ludicrous, unfun bullshit or things that play themselves.

Haven't played one second of it and I'm going to confidently say no

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
its actually good

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I pulled an all nighter but I beat story mode.

https://twitter.com/Tomenheimer/status/1144585220324114432?s=19

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

I named my first level after my pug, and he immediately peed on the floor. I regret giving him this honor.

It's just a basic 1-1 type world in the SMW theme.

NHR-HK3-L9G

Safety Mole
May 6, 2019

Smart of them to make it so you can't just look at your friends' levels

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Hello everyone! I did not get Mario Maker 1 but I am excited to get in on the ground floor with 2!

Looking forward to sharing my creations and seeing what you all put together :)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I spent all night making a level. Time well spent.

March of the Ant Hill: 6BL-0MV-Q1G

Just a 3D World level I made to acquaint myself with the new style and also with slopes. Also ants. Lots of ants. Ant troopas are the cutest.

I literally can't stay awake any longer but I'm excited to try some levels from the thread tomorrow :)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

Haven't played one second of it and I'm going to confidently say no

It's fun, play it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

WTF do I do in Sea of Sorrow?

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
Level uploaded: It's Incisive Social Commentary!
4RH-C1S-FKG
Level is a dumb joke level. Please clap.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Not saying the single player isn't good, but that its probably not worth 60 big ones all on its own.

Imagine playing through the single player of Super Mario Maker and thinking "welp, that's it for me" lol

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Tnega posted:

Level uploaded: It's Incisive Social Commentary!
4RH-C1S-FKG
Level is a dumb joke level. Please clap.

This made me laugh.

Don't even try to attack the debt, just wait until the banks die from the rising poison of their own making, which gives you the key to unlocking your financial freedom? :v:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Got to play an hour of MM2 before bed last night, haven't touched the actual making of levels yet. Is it worthwhile or useful to pick up a stylus for this?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
This game loving owns but man do I not like the "no jumping or airtime" challenge levels in the story. Those are no fun at all.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Drone posted:

This made me laugh.
Thanks!
I'll take my Pulitzer now!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I have a six hour flight tomorrow and for the past month was anticipating playing Bloodstained but we all know how the Switch version is currently. So now I'm looking at this game and wondering if it's worth playing without internet access...

How long is the story mode? Are there any other Nintendo-created levels available outside of story mode? Bonus if there's stock coop stuff my wife and I can play together.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

GG6 - N0S - KNG

New level up, tried to make it have a fun cloudy theme :shobon:

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Wildtortilla posted:

How long is the story mode?

I am at 60% in story mode in one battery charge. (3-5 hours?) As far as playing it no internet? sure, go for it. Today story mode, tomorrow course design!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Threw together my first level! It's bits and pieces of World 1-1s past, mashed up and such into something else. If you can guess where each bit comes from, you're a colossal dork.

I'll figure out a nice template image later.

Oh, also! The levels from the 2019 Invitational are uploaded under the username NintendoUS (GC0-BJM-HBG). There's also a NintendoJP username (6MX-KJ2-Q9G) if you want to complete the set.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Okay I'm a bit annoyed that you can't center-align two-block wide enemies anymore. The system still clearly allows for it since a thwomp pushed by a note block only gets pushed half a square, making it aligned with a single block!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I won't get to make a Mario until tomorrow.

Just one work day and then my lava snakes will flow.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

so this "marios maker too" thing...it sounds ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I generally suck at level creation, but I am looking forward to making my way through the campaign and playing hot garbage online.

Also, the Hori Dpad joycon is pretty pro for this game