Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I streamed a lot of the first game, and am also planning to do the same with this. I'm actually going to do a marathon of it on Sunday, so I guess this is as good a time as any to drop a link: https://www.twitch.tv/novasol

Probably going to start with story mode, then make a level, then dive into what will surely be a sewer (Endless Expert) but who knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

eyy oooo im pipin' ere

:hmmyes:

nintendo pro controller d pad is absolute poo poo and I still haven't seen photo proof that a ~revision~ fixed it

very close to spending a couple dozen dollars on that hori controller that has functional basic up right down left controls

I broke down and did the tape fix for the pro controller d-pad. Surprisingly, it does work.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Multiplayer is magical when it works :allears:

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I made a fairly short don't-jump level. It shouldn't be TOO abysmal.

Internet Kraken posted:

Spoiler: The level you design to be as gentle and merciful as possible will still end up with an abysmal clear rate

Related to the above, somehow someone died here:

That icicle has zero chance of killing anything unless the person completely ignores the level objective.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

The thing about testing in level is it's not exactly like playing the level in full. Everything is at its default state and it's possible for things to shift into an unwinnable state when players approach it linearly. There's actually a lesson in the dojo about this demonstrating how things get spawned in more slowly than you might realize. This is especially bad in anything involving autoscrolling or moving water/lava/poison levels since you basically can't test those in part (I tried on one of the levels I've made and I had to rework it a lot in testing as a result). You might have made something that is, in fact, unbeatable while still looking possible as you check on the way.

Yeah, any time I have some kind of cycle-based challenge, I make the player spawn into the room with a door or a pipe, because this re-initializes things to their default state. Make sure any moving parts are within a certain distance of Mario (I want to say about a screen and a half?) and they will load perfectly every time. I think that this also only applies to horizontal distance, with no limit on vertical.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I made a course for multiplayer versus. Not terribly hard, but it's designed with the idea that loving over your friends in multiplayer is funny. Also, while it uses on/off switches, they will never completely impede your progress, they just alter the way certain things will act.

Perry Bommer In: An On/Off Thing
6TN-WVR-CVG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I'm still immensely disappointed that Skipsqueaks can't trigger on/off blocks.