Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Played about ten minutes between waking up and going to the gym. Random q. How the hell do I spin jump in SMW or NSMB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

That actually is v smart. I used to hate bridging buttons on the SNES. Thanks!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Please post your levels to the goon spreadsheet! I want to play them all but meticulously going through and pulling them out of here will quickly become a chore

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
How the hell do you... create levels? After some normal play to get used to the various games (only good at SMW, never even played 3D) I jumped into maker mode and just sorta... stared at the ghost house template for five minutes before leaving.

Mega64 posted:

Also I'm surprisingly digging the competitive multiplayer. Might be focusing more time on that.

Y'know, I tried playing a bit and it took me about 30 seconds to find a match, another 15 seconds to load in and then we played. It was a maybe 2 minute tops match and then kicked back out to re-search. After another 30 seconds of searching it started to connect me and then dropped the connection. So 1:15-1:30 of sitting and waiting for 2 minutes of playing. Maybe it's just release day jitters on the servers or something stupid but I hope Nintendo can tighten that up because it'll kill my interest in multiplayer.

edit - I also want to shout out a level called Call of Koop'thulu that I played through last night. First half was running around wizards & collecting coins, second half was underwater w/ the darkness mechanic avoiding bloopers & C'thulu himself which made me jump a few times

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 29, 2019

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Random Stranger posted:

Have you spoken with Yamamura? Seriously, the tutorials in Yamamura's Dojo (the pidgeon icon at the bottom of the menu) are fantastic for walking people through taking things from concept to level.

But the best way to start is to think of an item you want to play with, then see what you can do with it and make a set of challenges around it. Even if you don't do good, you'll figure something out.

I poked into the dojo yesterday but admittedly didn't watch anything besides the basic tutorial. I'm at work all day today (gently caress responsibility) but will probably be playing undocked later tonight and aaaaaaaall morning tomorrow before the kids wake up.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I've been playing very sparsely and when I have, I've been playing Barb's The Producers. I loving love SMW and all the tough/kaizo levels that come with it but poo poo, this one is ruining me. I need to dedicate an hour to just getting through the last shell spin/bomb spin jumps and then I can finally start playing the game for real

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Hm- how can I force players into different pipes for a multiplayer level? Was playing around making a challenge level for my wife and her sister for this Christmas break and thought it might go up nicely as a full versus level. I’m messing around with a P-Switch above coins and blocks over the pipes but can’t quite wrap my head around it! Help a scrub level maker!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

J-Spot posted:

If anybody is masochistic enough to try the AGDQ levels for themselves, here are the course ID's:

[AGDQ] All Goombrats Do Quarrel - 2K1-D0J-9QF
[AGDQ] Spooky Ghost Hot Tub - QH7-8HX-HGF
[AGDQ] Catch and Carry - B3J-SVM-3WF
[AGDQ] Parallel Worlds - S0H-BS9-NFF
[AGDQ] A Welt in the Crucible - LFY-39K-NNG
[AGDQ] Smelly Shell Hotel - 8DC-9PJ-FKG
Cadence of [AGDQ] Gerudo Valley - 4DS-Y8V-70G
[AGDQ] plAnts - J07-P2V-Q56
FanTAStic Precision - JQ2-142-WPG

THANK YOU

I literally only came into this thread to look for these. Some of these levels looked fun as poo poo- the others... not so much

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I’m in love with Barb’s levels but I don’t play enough to be consistent enough to beat them

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm a little out of the loop but are we only able to package our own levels into full worlds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Maybe this is what finally gets me to put some levels out in the world. I’m super excited to play other people’s works tho!