Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

so this "marios maker too" thing...it sounds ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Tom Gorman posted:

yo i'm makin a fuggen marios right now and its definitely ok

eyy oooo im pipin' ere

:hmmyes:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I generally suck at level creation, but I am looking forward to making my way through the campaign and playing hot garbage online.

Also, the Hori Dpad joycon is pretty pro for this game

nintendo pro controller d pad is absolute poo poo and I still haven't seen photo proof that a ~revision~ fixed it

very close to spending a couple dozen dollars on that hori controller that has functional basic up right down left controls

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Novasol posted:

I broke down and did the tape fix for the pro controller d-pad. Surprisingly, it does work.

i've opened my pro at least a half dozen times trying to chase down the perfect tape fix but gently caress that noise

it got better, but it remains a fundamentally broken design :\

I dont understand how our uncles at nintendo personally messed that controller bit up so badly

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Tom Gorman posted:

I've been milling through this 10 pack for quite a while on all my devices.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IHBVGOM/

It's 6 bucks for 10, and I've lost like 4 of them so it's been worth it to get more than one. They're nicer quality than you'd expect for 60 cents apiece. Prime shipping too.

10 pack 10 fingers?

a little TOO convenient imo

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Big Mad Drongo posted:

For the people complaining about the joycon dpad: what sort of difference does a better one make?

I can definitely tell it's garbage, but I managed to beat Celeste with no problems regardless, so not sure if it's worth dropping a bunch of cash on a controller I only use for a few games unless it's a huge improvement.

joy cons are totally legit in there being four definitive directions to press by virtue of there being four buttons, even if it isn't exactly a nice functional dpad itself

it's the pro controllers that have a fundamentally busted design :\

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

First, the Hori Dpad isnt a "bunch of cash", its $15 if you want the Mario one, $20 if you wan the Zelda or Pikachu one https://www.amazon.com/HORI-D-Pad-C...162&sr=8-2&th=1

Secondly, its a huge improvement. I wont play any platformers without it. I'm concurrently playing through Mario 3 on NESFlix, NSMBUD, I'm always somewhere in a Broforce playthrough and now Mario Maker.

I actually dislike playing those games without it. Its the best $20 I've ever spent on my Switch

now im gonna get one more than ever :hai:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I said come in! posted:

I was hoping my Apple Pencil would work with Mario Maker 2, but it doesn't. I need to find a way to get the official MM2 stylus. :P

yah sorry friend. the apple pencil works great as heck but the things that work with the switch and other capacitive screens are basically extensions of the body holding them :shrug:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

slice off your pinky and mount it in a conductive toob

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I said come in! posted:

.... this makes sense to me right now without coffee. :hmmyes:

drink more and let the world of touch options unfold before you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

DLC Inc posted:

is voice recording back in this game?

lmao did they allow that in MM1???

I've only seen a few clips from MM2 and already seen some ~rude comments~ that nintendo is probably fighting back at full speed

such as the word bullshit :eyepop: