Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mario Galaxy Maker for cool physics and Yoshi's Island-style levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It would be cool if they added the Koopalings someday maybe based on Mario Bros 3

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Add Poochy you cowards

Spellman
May 31, 2011

maustrials No.1
117-4MF-75G

There's 235 coins if you're super bored

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

on your course list theres a little circle with an x in it, you can see where people are dying in yr level

Strangers keep dying on my course, it must be pretty hard—

Oh

Spellman posted:

maustrials No.1
117-4MF-75G

There's 235 coins if you're super bored

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

You can't move them but there's a random chance that they appear every time you place a ground block. So if you don't want one there, delete the ground and replace it. And if you do want on there, do that but repeat until you have your decoration.

You can move them with copy or multigrab, this includes airship windows, bg ground fences, or particular patterns of ghost house damage that you like

Spellman
May 31, 2011

No koopa shaming you rats

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Imagine Mario Maker, with a mouse 😳

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Diego from the Wii U is back.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Got a new stage

maustrials No.2
Q94-RYR-4YF

Puzzle oriented, multiplayer friendly, probably 4-star difficulty if you're a completionist

Has an optional section where you get to fight basically every enemy in a gauntlet of challenges at the very end, or a mini-kaizo speedrun shortcut

Accidentally deleted my first stage locally, trying to remove it from Courseworld to make some changes 😔

Spellman fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 8, 2019

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently 5000 on a single course gets you a kuribo shoe outfit

Don't say that

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Those tornados are pretty awful. They've got some weirdly inconsistent behavior due to their upward push being variable and having a start up time which sometimes doesn't occur. It makes me not want to use them at all in any level.

They are a good obstacle for the Koopa Clown Car if you are going down towards it

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Spellman posted:

Got a new stage

maustrials No.2
Q94-RYR-4YF

Puzzle oriented, multiplayer friendly, probably 4-star difficulty if you're a completionist

Has an optional section where you get to fight basically every enemy in a gauntlet of challenges at the very end, or a mini-kaizo speedrun shortcut

Accidentally deleted my first stage locally, trying to remove it from Courseworld to make some changes 😔
halllp i need a like this took me days 😭

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Phantasium posted:

i'm still on courses from last week...

It's no one's fault, the output of stages is very insane

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Don't think the world can support this much Mario

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They need to make it more like Tinder

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Thanks blessed goons >3

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mystery Machine posted:

Got a fresh course off the presses!

Spring into the Sky Tower
Q54-GVQ-37G

This is a medium-hard difficulty course that's pretty short, and involves platforming on low gravity springs as they bounce around. I scrapped this course like 4 different times, it took a while to get a course I thought was appropriately fun, but I'm proud of this one. I think this is all the weird and wacky stuff I can think of to do with this gimmick.

I'm determined to beat this one...

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Circle Nine posted:

Made a story level in which you're traversing a wild and poisonous swamp to get haunted manor that holds a wondrous treasure guarded by two evil wizards.

Haunted Marshland Manor

82J - Y56 - TCG

Things I learned making this:
-if you put jumping cheep cheeps in poison water, they come out coated in poison
-magikoopas attacks give off a pretty decent light radius in dark levels
-you can copy active warp pipes even if the limit for them has been reached, but if you try to upload the level it'll say that the level data is corrupted
-layering semisolid platforms, mushroom platforms, and vines to make trees leads to really weird issues where you have to do things in very specific orders or parts of them will just go missing

Kool vibes

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I have a feeling it prioritizes left-to-right&top-to-bottom overlap or something which might confuse some of your attempted symmetrical overlap patterns

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Circle Nine posted:

Made a story level in which you're traversing a wild and poisonous swamp to get haunted manor that holds a wondrous treasure guarded by two evil wizards.

Haunted Marshland Manor

82J - Y56 - TCG

Things I learned making this:
-if you put jumping cheep cheeps in poison water, they come out coated in poison
-magikoopas attacks give off a pretty decent light radius in dark levels
-you can copy active warp pipes even if the limit for them has been reached, but if you try to upload the level it'll say that the level data is corrupted
-layering semisolid platforms, mushroom platforms, and vines to make trees leads to really weird issues where you have to do things in very specific orders or parts of them will just go missing

I will protect my record at all costs

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Circle Nine posted:

I really like how vines work in SMB1 compared to the other games. I feel like you can move faster horizontally because you're just skipping from vine to vine rather than shimmying like the others.

I also toned that part down a bit by taking out a few fire piranha plants and fish.

It's Donkey Kong Jr

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I don’t really understand the point of uploading a level unless you’re planning on sharing it outside of the game’s listings themselves. Discovery fuckin sucks for new, non-Top40 stuff.

Ya, it doesn't favor difficult stages so much. In fact, if your stage is hard and people fail a couple times, it doesn't favor you on the feed at all, which is already quite a small window as is

I'm sure you could game the system with bite-sized fast stages, sometimes I am relieved to play these myself, but I like making hard stages

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

At this point there needs to be a few more "We'll serve you up something," game modes that favor more difficult stages. The current endless mode can quickly turn into a nightmare on expert level even if you can play forever on normal (though I suspect they've tweaked this).

They need to give makers credit for playing other's stages⁠—if you're playing a bunch of people's stages, yours should be shuffled into some random challenge mode. I bet it would be popular

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mario Bros. 3 deserves a Link's Awakening-quality remake

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I accidentally deleted my first map, so I remade it. It's like a million times better because of it

maustrials No.1
9ST-225-39G

The concept, like my other map, is open-world, puzzles & zelda-like poo poo. There's a good amount of routes, secrets, and it's multiplayer friendly

Spellman
May 31, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

That's weird, on mine it only shows the first play from last night and the notification said X people have played? It doesn't show any completions. Maybe it's just not updating correctly? Also my Maker points went down, so I assumed I was getting booed.

Same this morning, only the two clears usernames showing up

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I'm really looking forward to making a 3D world map. It's got unique puzzle mechanics and the long jumping makes for fun speedruns

Spellman
May 31, 2011

WTF I DIDNT KNOW YOU COULD ZOOM OUT

Spellman
May 31, 2011

And in, apparently. The clicksticks do this

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I worked tirelessly on this

Spellman
May 31, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

I can believe it, this level was huuuge! I had fun working my way through it, though, once I got used to the fact that there's a lot in here you don't necessarily need to interact with. It was fun to fool around and find different ways to collect the coins and play with the powerups. Good stuff!

e: Sorry about the 11 minute first clear, I hope that doesn't scare and randos off. :ohdear:

<3 No problem! Thanks for actually exploring the thing. I really wanted to make a level where someone could come up with solutions even I didn't think of, and also never get softlocked—I cleared it as small Mario just to be sure 😎

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

The many, many optional paths were interesting. The first checkpoint is a bit headache inducing with how it requires the player double back if they restart from there which makes restarting from the beginning necessary. Since you require the pow block which is outside of the checkpoint area, the door is locked again so you're essentially starting over from scratch with the checkpoint.

I must've bamboozled you. You probably saw the escape hatch and decided to go back into the level to get Yoshi, so you could get the POW on the left. However, there was a POW in the red pipe all along!

There's also a Yoshi in there. Because I'm a gentle creator

e: also you have the world record by like a mile probably because you beat it without relying on the checkpoint lmao

Spellman fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 22, 2019

Spellman
May 31, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is there anyway I can delete Big Stunt Skyline, The Curse of Magikoopa Cave and Meowser's Bad Breakup from Random Acts?

Lmao despite having like 30 hearts on Meowser and 15 on the other two deleting them gave me 400 maker points. Guess that's a revelation :v:

Never thought a stage could give you negative points lmao

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's just weird, you'd think it would bottom out at 0, but who knows how Mario Maker really works

Spellman
May 31, 2011

NSMBW music has always sucked except for maybe 1 or 2 songs, but the editor music for these tracks is borderline genius—working in the castle and winter themes is absolutely blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydjpT0SuEvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cOe0OL1sdU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

A solid week of work. This one's 🅱retty 🅱ig

e:/removed/ streamer found a softlock I frickin missed, reposting later

Don't talk to me before my morning coffee

Spellman fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 29, 2019

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Like my last one it's open world, trying to build up a series of stages for people whom like longer stages, but not necessarily harder stages, and have the powerups be more for fun instead of being integral. Also added different routes and solutions to every problem, and screwover opportunities for versus. I came up with a cool boss idea for this one

Spellman
May 31, 2011

J-Spot posted:

I didn't get the boss. The thwomps and Yoshi can't kill it. Seemed like it needed to go in one of the pits but it had no intention of doing so.

Hint: he's a wriggler :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

J-Spot posted:

Well I pissed him off but that didn't help.

Well then you had the right idea, he was just being slippery. A lot of times I just mimic him and it works pretty well, he's got a pretty decent hangtime

https://imgur.com/a/fg3FkkP

The pits are actually there to kill Yoshi since he's kinda a handful in the next area (and you usually take a hit trying to figure this rear end in a top hat out)

Spellman fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 1, 2019