Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

I am guessing it was the case in the first Mario Maker (I don’t think I checked) but I love that the title screen is literally its own level

It was.

I recreated my best Mario Maker 1 level: 4MP-12L-8VF. Now I can get some real work going. Is there a website for this yet or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tnega posted:

Gruesome Grave: 4MP-12L-8VF
Did it first try, was I supposed to get in front of the spineyfriend?

Thanks for the review! I'm way behind on this thread and game.

I thought of this level as an adaptation of "The Cask of Amontillado" in which it is undetermined until the end which character is played by Mario and which by the Spiny.

In an earlier revision of the level, getting in front was the only way to win: whoever is in back would be trapped behind the bricks and fall off the back of the autoscroll. However, serendipity ensured that the placement was just slightly off, so being in the back is not fatal, with the result that the player just gets a terrifying fakeout if they stay in back. I never could quite figure out how to telegraph the need to get in front, and it'd be lame to make the player redo an autoscroller of this length for failing to read my mind, so I like it better this way even if it's not much of a challenge.

Maybe I'll make a multiplayer version of the same concept.