Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i spent too much time playing Mario Maker and didn't sleep. whoops!

I'm not a maker person but the levels in story mode are really well done, and I can't wait to see what you all (and the community at large) will bring to the table once some time has passed and everyone has more experience under their belt. Honestly though, in the meantime i really didn't expect the Easy Endless Challenge to be so... chill. like none of the levels have been terribly threatening (aside from one where it took an embarrassing amount of time to beat a winged Bam-Bam) and they hand out 1ups like candy so you're never really at risk of actually losing. it makes the stakes very low and all of the levels are either weird remakes of existing Mario levels (played straight or fun parodies of them, like the SMB 1-1, But With Stupid Amounts Of Slopes that I played which was very fun) or people's first levels and experiments with some of the new mechanics, so there's a good amount of variety without frustration. I started saying I was gonna try to get to 10, then 15, and then I ended up doing over 20 levels, just because it was very easy to play one more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

it bothers me heavily that you now need to hit the top of the flagpole exactly instead of just overshooting it and getting the best reward. I've flung myself over many flagpoles since booting this up and it is always a bummer