Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Two levels into the campaign, this campaign is going to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

"Coo, COO. Coo...." Yamamura

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Made my first level
QJT-VVQ-G6G
easy, short, & fun

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What is a good/cheap stylus for the Switch and where can I buy it?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wish this game had all power ups from the 2d Marios, at least for their themes.

How do you unlock the extra power up(s)?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm pretty sure you get one for beating story mode and another for beating a certain set of levels in it.

Thank you.

Playing through some of the campaign levels really makes me want a Super Mario Bros. 3 part 2. These levels are so fun.

edit: how do I put multiple coins in boxes, copy items placed on the map, or make items giant? (like the big shoe) I've forgotten so much since Mario Maker.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 28, 2019

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

This game is awesome but I don't get why Nintendo was so stingy on the powerups. Unless I'm missing something Mario 3 basically only has a mushroom, leaf, and fireflower for powerups. Why can we not get the frog, tanooki, or hammer bros suits?

This is still my favorite game of the year but it's lame they took out the guest character mushrooms from the Mario 1 tileset and gave us no replacements.

edit: figured out copying items. (hold ZR) Still don't remember how to add multi coins to one block.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Just made another relatively easy/short level. I love making early game style levels.
This is done in SMB3 style with a secret area for coin lovers.

SMB3: fast, chill winter secrets BGY-7VW-R1G

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

My third easy/early game style level.
SMW: A Short Easy Night
7J3-1DX-YDF

If you comment I’ll probably play your level, I’ve been trying to do so for all comments I’ve seen.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The first level/job given to you by Undodog "Swamp Escape by Shell" is the first level in the campaign that I didn't love but it felt so satisfying to beat.

I did not expect the campaign to be so good in this game. I'm sad they didn't this mode a cool world map, so far this campaign feels like the best 2d Mario since World. I can understand not linking the maps though because some levels could be easily broken if you could carry powerups between levels. I can't get over how much I am loving the campaign in this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Plank Walker posted:

I just want to make and play endless DK '94 levels

Now I wish Nintendo would do this. I loved the moveset/gameplay in that game. Easily the best Donkey Kong game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I love this game but I'm not as addicted to it as the first one yet. The campaign is better this time.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 2, 2019

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m not sure why exactly but I’m enjoying the NSMBU theme in this game a lot more than in 1.

This time I'm having more fun with 3's theme than I did in the last Mario Maker. I think part of it for me is the lack of amiibo mushrooms.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Tried to make an underwater level that is fun but not super easy. (medium difficulty) It has one neat hidden area.

SMB3 late game under sea fun
5H9-619-3RF

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is there anything that leads to levels getting played by randoms more? The first few days my 3 levels were getting played a bunch, my new level from yesterday seemed to not get any random people playing it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I noticed people weren't making many multiplayer maps and noticed one of my levels got a bunch of play as a multiplayer map. This inspired me to attempt to make a level for 2-4 players in versus.

SMW 4 player madness
S2L-66H-DTG

Koopa Troopas are the main enemy, this is done to encourage throwing shells at other players. There is one hidden P block meant to slow down other players. Anyone that plays multiplayer with friends, let me know what y'all think.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Hello Mario friends. I have a couple questions:

1) Can I download a ton of levels in advance to play later? I am going to be going on vacation soon where I will have an internet connection, but it is extremely slow and there is a data cap.

Yes, I've been slowly grabbing goon levels people have said are good in this thread for a long flight at the end of the month. If anyone really enjoys any goon level, please post about it so I know to download it.

Salastine posted:

Another from page 41.
The noteblocks make this level a little too chaotic and it wasn't clear at first glance what to do with the star at the beginning.
Thank you for the feedback. I love the chaos but it is probably too much on this level.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

DarkLich posted:

I present the first segment of my "traditional" style Super Mario game. Welcome to Woodland Kingdom, featuring the following stages:
1) Cheep Cheep Creek
2) Creeper Cavern
3) Muncher Meadows
4) Sawmill Sabotage

Here's the code for my Maker profile, where you'll find the stages in descending order: 4G4-S5H-LRF

What can you expect from the traditional style?
- Levels will be straight forward, centered around a few gimmicks of escalating difficulty.
- Each stage has 3 bonus coins (10, 30, 50) to obtain as part of bonus objectives. There are also secret power ups.
- Each world will feature 3 regular levels and a boss "castle". Once they increase the upload cap beyond 32, I'll probably expand.

Also, I've been playing and commenting on some other poster levels. Here are a few fun ones worth playing!

Quicker Than The Sand T30-M52-QWF
The Wrecking Ruins HQQ-0PY-C6G
Cold Feet C8Q-TJW-FFG

Grabbing these and will be following your profile. Love the idea of making worlds.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I made a new level but decided if I'm going to post levels, I need to be better about trying other people's levels off of the randomized spread sheet from the first page. https://randomactsofmario.com/

DH 1-1 By: Dieting Hippo
9CJ-9N5-LMF
This level was a lot of fun, I like a slightly harder version of the first level. It started to get a bit hectic at the end with the Koopa Troopas. I'm amazed at the clear rate on this level.

Duel on the Bridge By: Svdl
F9J-VLB-JSG
A lot going on in this level. A brief bit of platforming. At the start I thought I was going to have to chain cannon ball jump to go up and felt like an idiot when I realized the lower one was just barely in my jump range. Enjoyed the use of check points. The little bit after the duel was unexpected but cool.

Spooky Night, Holy Light By: SamFausr
9CX-9Y1-WSG
I played a good chunk of this level without realizing you can briefly light up the room by crouching. I hated it for all the blind jumps before I realized that. After it became a better level, difficult but fair. Right before the first checkpoint, I was getting mad about lack of check points. Great timing on that one.

Buzzy Buddies By: someone awful.
WGH-G8K-XDF
This game reminds me of auto scrollers from Mario 3. In a normal game, it'd be a fun change of pace level you could play for an alternate map route. Nice and relaxing level.

See the Saws By: Cheetah7071
GVL-H6F-T8G
Loved this level, especially once the underground Thwomp bit started. The end was a little mean but also hilarious.

Perilous Pipes By: The Lobster
00M-D0Q-WJF
This level was great, loved the aesthetics. At one point I wanted to try to bounce across the first section just on goombas but gave up after a few attempts. One bold attempt had be trying to bring the Koopa Troopa shell along. He woke up and that will probably be the highest death that has happened on that level.

I decided to try another attempt at a multiplayer themed level. I wish they would make it easier to play local multiplayer.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 4, 2019

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

DarkLich posted:

High praise from my favorite CSPAMmer!

Got another fresh batch of levels for y'all. As a reminder, I aim for these to feel like traditional Mario stages. There are rewards for exploration, including 3 bonus coins per stage.

Expect lots of climbing and vertical challenges in the Craggy Kingdom. Maker code is in the image if you'd like to check them out.

Mushroom Mountain - Various challenges around Goomba stacks. I'm curious to know how easy it is to locate bonus coins.
Hoarfrost Heights - My first stab at an athletics level. I worry that it plays a little slow - makes me wish for varying camera speeds in subzones.
Crystal Crevasse - After trying to make vertical levels in SMM1, I was excited to mess around with the proper toolkit. Hopefully there aren't any unfair surprises as you ascend.
Chillwind Citadel - The boss stage of the bunch. Twisters seem to have quite a variety of applications.

Feedback is always welcome, and I hope you enjoy! Up next, the hero takes a beach vacation.

I'm really excited to play all your levels. I've been downloading and saving them for a trip at the end of the month. I'll be sure to post feedback when I get around to playing them.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I don't understand why this game doesn't have larger limits for number of courses you can have downloaded.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

edit: I figured it out. never mind

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 9, 2019

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Good Sphere posted:

Nice Course
2YK-N4T-MVG

A course for nice people only, with no enemies or hazards, except for endless pits. How fast can you beat it? Try to find the secret.

*I guess it technically has enemies, but only fake ones.

This level was awesome. I really enjoyed playing it. The drop after the pipe was great.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

This is my first attempt at making a vertical level.

Pipe Jumping. For an extra challenge I added some red coins.
WT5-8PQ-X5G

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I decided to play SMB3 for some level inspiration. I quickly realized you can't make level 1-2 in Mario Maker. I hope any content they add to this game includes themes as well as game styles. I also realized I wish Nintendo would release a collection of HD remastered 2D Mario Collection. Even if they just made the graphics of SMB1-NSMB look like they do in Mario Maker, I'd be pumped. (and if the hypothetical collection was real cool it'd have the gameboy games as well.) I've had so much fun with this game, I'm tempted to buy the Switch port of NSMBU despite beating that and Super Luigi on my Wii U.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How do you pick up other players in vs?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Phone posting but I finally just played the first two levels in the SMV levels a goon was making. (Forgot your sa name, in game name is Dustin!!) The first two levels owned and I can’t wait to play the rest. I knew 1-1 would be fun pretty quick, love your level design so far.

I’ll try to post thoughts about all the goon levels I play on my flights today. Excited to play all y’all’s levels.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

Who is actually gonna sit down to play entire worlds made by one person though

I will. This update is going to get me playing Mario Maker 2 again. When I was still playing this, I'd play "worlds" that goons made and some were a lot of fun. Having the map makes the experience a lot better.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I didn't realize until today world maker doesn't mean game maker. I hope they let you have an option to link all your worlds.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Does the P in P-Switch and P-Balloon stand for "Power"?

It actually stands for poop. Notice how uncomfortable the characters look after getting the balloon?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

Why the heck is the Frog Suit SMB3 only

I feel like the answer for this for any item is usually because they didn't want to make sprites/models for all the styles.