Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Did they not update the bookmark site to work with maker 2? Why does Nintendo always do these dumb things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
So if I wanted to make a one screen room that doesn’t scroll outside of it how do I do that? I enclosed the room but it scrolls outside of it.

I honestly cannot figure this out. It works in another part of my level but not in this part. I’m want a secret room that doesn’t scroll past the wall but it doesn’t work

Overbite fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 28, 2019

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Hello I made an easy cloud map

R45-P1F-6RG

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Random Stranger posted:

Cute level with a nice style. I definitely would have liked it to be tougher, but that's not really a mark against it.

Thanks. My levels always end up being hard on accident so this time I tried to make it easy.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I made a new level about ginger ale.

WBK-80R-SFG

I’ve noticed that it’s very hard for me to make something interesting out of the smb3 underground tileset.

Also we need a bookmark site so bad. I wanna try all these levels being posted but typing them all in one by one is a pain. Let me just click a button.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Hey it’s your boy back with another hot banger called

Da Dip
93B-QW5-BNG

I can’t do the whole spreadsheet thing cu I’m on a phone and I’d have to download an app but I will go through the thread and try out levels that sound neat.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Castor Poe posted:

How do you make one way pipes?

I don’t think you can

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

OneMoreTime posted:

Why not, I got a few to share

Icy Spiny - 0WG-76P-VMG

Nothing difficult, a standard 1-1 themed around spinies. Baby's first level.

Climb The Sky - 1CS-LM5-59G

Vertical stage based around trampolines, and getting through obstacles with them. Did my best to emphasize that you didn't have to bring a trampoline through the stage since I know that's a common and overdone mario maker feature.

I played these. The first one was cool, felt like a regular Mario level apart from the large amount of spinies. The second was cool too but it took me over 6 minutes to get through it so it seems kinda long. Most of that time was spent waiting for flame jets to stop. Also I never felt like I had to bring a spring with me aside from the spring that drops out of a pipe, I knew I had to use that to continue. Good work tho!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Da Dip
93B-QW5-BNG

I posted this level before but I would like some feedback on it. It’s not played a lot and out of those few plays almost nobody has finished it. Is it too hard? Too bad? Both?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Doomykins posted:

Da Dip (93B-QW5-BNG) by Overbite: This should be a technically sound and good hard stage. But I hate playing it, probably because there's so many imprecise things to deal with here. Porcupuffer, creeper hitboxes, waiting for the first creeper to gently caress off and let me pass after a successful hit, sometimes he doesn't, a long imprecise vertical climbing section with blinky blocks where each failure resets my progress. I actually gave this one a pass after the first creeper reset four times in a row on a fresh attempt from the start. That's probably the 3D world tileset's fault but I'd hope it'd come up in testing and be corrected.

Thanks for the feedback. out of all my levels this is the one that has the least amount of clears and I wanted to know why so I'm glad you took the time to review it. As for the creepers resetting I've never had that happen in all the testing I did. Though when I tested it I never hit any of the creepers, there's no need to so that's probably why I never saw it. Maybe it would be better without the creepers?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I made a new level that I feel is a good example of coming up with ideas I think are cool and then being unable to recreate them as I wanted in game. I wanted something like the beginning of Indiana Jones where you go in the temple and can avoid the traps until you grab the idol and then everything goes wrong and you have to escape while the temple falls apart. I couldn't figure out how to make it fall apart because the bob ombs would not cooperate with the switches so I had to change it. I still think it turned out OK but it is not quite what I had imagined.

Legend of the Big Coin
6W9-542-79G

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

J-Spot posted:

You may not have been able to do what you wanted but I think this turnout out great.

Random Stranger posted:

I wish I could hit the like button twice for this one. Levels built around a narrative framework, even a very basic one, are cool and this does it very well.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Really liked this level, got the world record but wish there was a checkpoint until I beat it. But why is it tagged short and sweet?

Thanks for the kind words. I was feeling down about how it turned out because I had a grand vision in my head and the reality didn't match up but I'm glad it turned out OK in the end.

Also the level has no checkpoint because you can't have a clear condition and a checkpoint in a level. And its short and sweet because it is both short and sweet.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I played some of the levels in this thread at random so heres what I think!!!!!!!

Shoes in the Sky
DNJ-HVM-SHF

This one is pretty good, the only problem is you have too many enemies and I don't really think you need that many. For example, the room with Boom Boom doesn't need the fire spitting piranha plant because boom boom + the fire bars are already tricky.

Turtle Wax On, Turtle Wax Off
SXK-CDC-YKG

This one is nice. You had an idea and you made it progressively more difficult over the level. Solid.

Burning Lava Fish
XDG-D5Q-QQF

I almost gave up in in the room after the first checkpoint room. Cheep cheeps are annoying on their own but having to avoid a never ending stream of flaming cheep cheeps while trying to do jumps over a lava pit and being careful not to jump too high and lose progress but also make it to the door in time was a real bear. I made it through though and then almost quit on the Bowser Jr fight. Having to contend with him, bombs, more flaming cheep cheeps, spikes, and a lava pit was just too much. I did end up beating it though. You had an idea through the whole stage but it was just too spicy for me.

Torment Beyond the Grave
VH8-6NT-07G

Made me cry 10/10

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I'm trying to make a Ghost House and I'm having inspiration issues. Ghost Houses are weird in that they operate differently than normal mario levels.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
At long last I have made another level and it stars the ghostess hostess with the mostess BOOETTE

Booettes Bougie Bungalow

C1W-P2K-JWF

My previous course Legend of the Big Coin ended up in the popular tab for a bit and had a minor blow up so I wanted to try and top it. I'm not sure if I did, but I do know that this here level is the longest I've spent on a single Mario level. I would make a bunch of stuff, delete most of it, make more, go to bed, get home from work and then delete most of it again and make all new stuff. It ended up entirely differently than my original plan but these things happen. I hope you all like dark ghost houses.

Overbite fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 15, 2019

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

NofrikinfuN posted:

My last level is up to 15 plays but still only the four goon likes, so I guess it was a dud after all. :(

I played it and yes the puzzles are clever. I died a couple times because I got crushed and the final puzzle took me a few attempts because I couldn't see what the final blue snake blocks were doing so I would end up messing it all up and having to start over. I liked how the puzzles escalated in complexity but it was kind of long too. You could have removed the parts where you just run and crush the small thwomps to make it a bit shorter. Overall I liked it though!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

NofrikinfuN posted:

Thanks for the feedback all. I suppose thwomps are a tad too lethal for puzzles, that's true. I actually added the thwomp hallway sections to break up the puzzle sections, did they end up detracting from the level overall?

As for the final puzzle, I agree it went a bit sideways. The main issue was that I wanted it to go one of two ways depending on when you activated an element, but not being able to overlap paths meant pathing them around each other. Maybe more on/off switch hijinks would have been preferable?

I forgot to add, I really like that you put reset doors in the puzzle rooms. That was a really good idea most people would probably not think to add.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Pixeltendo posted:

Got a brand new level!

Skipsqueak Station

CP9-PCN-9NG

A challenging course exclusively about the Skipsqueaks.

I'm trying to beat it, the jump over the spring spike squeak into a small hole in the wall is a real chore

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

dudeness posted:

Mario Won A Cruise!
KDH-HM4-JMG

Simple puzzle solving to get the red coins followed by a boss fight, it's a bit of a long level but I think it's pretty straight forward. It's not my "for kids" level because it's probably too hard for that and I started work on it before that was announced.

Shouldn't be too difficult for someone experienced in SMW, but I'm also a terrible judge of difficulty.

Played this, it was pretty easy though I did die because I ran out of time and that doesn't feel good, especially since I had just grabbed the star :( Otherwise it is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Update looks neat but I want bookmark site!! Nintendo!