Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Is there a way to view the course ID again after uploading a level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Thank you!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Back shortly after Mario Maker 1 came out, I developed* Goons Make Mario, a website for sharing goon-made levels. It used the Miiverse posts that would automatically be created when you uploaded a level to scrape the level code, preview image, and title. All you had to do to share a level was paste the Miiverse URL into the website, and it would create the need little level pages and an easy copy-paste thing so you could easily share the level on the forums. It was great because you had the little preview image, title, and level code, all with zero typos and very little effort. Eventually Nintendo made the bookmarks site, which ended up being better and so mine died, which is fine.

Then MM2 comes out, there is no bookmarks site, and Miiverse is dead so I can't find a public place to scrape level data from. I could set it up so you enter everything manually, but I'm not sure that's really any better than just using the spreadsheet in the OP. I see codes posted in the thread, none of them have images, and there's already been a number of typos, and it's frustrating that I can't fix it.

If anyone has any good ideas, I'm willing to put in some development effort, but I guess our best option is to wait for Nintendo to make another bookmarks-style website.

*If you are really old, you may also remember my long-dead Goon WiiDB for sharing original Wii friend codes.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Khanstant posted:

A bomb or something that destroys a box? or maybe have the box continue to move in a direction where there's no room for player.

Also, is this dog in story mode the dog sound effect from the music-making portion of Mario Paint?!? Did they pull Mario Paint characters in here! I loved that game, surprised we never got another. I love the idea of taking those SNES icons and making them into characters. Is there the crybaby and cat too? Can I ride on that sweet bassy seaship?

The MM series is kind of a spiritual successor to Mario Paint. There's a ton of references.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

No, Luigi, you're the one who sucks. Shut the hell up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

So using the Mario Galaxy music on my last stage inspired me and now I am so very sorry.

Going Galaxy
WB1-251-XKF

This was super cool and well done.