Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao Harris already walked back her support for abolishing private insurance again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VH4Ever posted:

You wanna meet me on the streets sometime, rear end in a top hat? I'll show you where the gently caress you belong.

Go ahead and probe me, mods. gently caress this place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You don't become a good communist by going to meetings, or by memorizing the manifesto; you do it on the streets, you do it with your fists

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VH4Ever posted:

Sure. Let's get gulags for everyone. Such productive discussion in here. gently caress the lot of you right now. Except KM.

on friday in gulag you get 2 bowls of thin gruel

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

I really am not.

which bank do you work for

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

taxing the rich? impossible! it is I, the finer points of the economy knower

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oxsnard posted:

You said that capitalists in non-healthcare industry will continue to allow higher healthcare costs, despite it being a giant drag on their bottom line, because they might own some healthcare stocks. And I am the one who doesn't "know how the economy works"

K

yes, you do not understand how the economy or capitalism itself works

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oxsnard posted:

My point is that capitalists, while being greedy fucks, will advocate for lower healthcare costs once it materially benefits them. HC costs can't just keep lapping GDP forever. Either it all burns down or the other non-healthcare businesses will collectively stop it. M4A is probably the easiest route

they’ll just stop offering health benefits, the capitalist has no qualms about their employees dying of a tooth ache

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oxsnard posted:

"Oil companies want to pay more for healthcare because their owners also hold healthcare stocks" is seriously the stupidest loving argument ever

lol what exactly do you think is wrong about this factually true statement other than the bullshit you stuck in front that no one is arguing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oxsnard posted:

4. There is no circumstance in which a capitalist would advocate for a government subsidized program because capitalists are bad and also stupid even if it means they make less money as a result

yeah man its not like capitalism has been trying to undo the new loving deal since its goddamn inception

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pembroke Fuse posted:

It implies that all (or even a majority of) oil company owners also hold health care stock, which no one has actually shown to be the case. You can make the argument that the stock market is so diffuse that pretty much every major investor has some portion of health care stocks, no matter how small, but that's not quite the same thing (and also implies that someone would oppose M4A even if a tiny portion of their portfolio was health-care stocks).

alright good point. but those that do hold major investments in health care stocks aren't going to want that investment to lose value

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

liberals will cheerfully march humanity into its loving grave

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Bernie needs to do better. He clearly didn't do well in the first debate.

dnc and media: *banging the debate schedule* CLOWNSHOWS CLOWNSHOWS CLOWNSHOWS

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Judakel posted:

You only seem to point it out with the Berndawg, though. That's okay because I know you're a big supporter of his.

I don't know how I missed this but, 10%:

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1145828182744076288

loving lmao ahahahahahahahaha

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

problem: the landlord wants 3200 for a cardboard box with access to a porta potty

liz: what if we (eventually) slash 300 bucks from that?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mellow Seas posted:

A 10% reduction in something that usually outpaces inflation in its growth would be loving huge but ok whatever guys.

not even if it was all at once instead of 1% per year for ten years

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

yeah go buy a sandwich with the 8 extra bucks you have and thank liz for the bounty

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

I didn't see that in the article.

its because the liberals are lying

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pinky Artichoke posted:

I'm always puzzled how people think Bernie, the guy who has had a laser-focus on a single issue since 1972, is somehow going to prioritize all these things that are not that.

please let go of the lies that 2016 has put in your head so we can move on

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tom steyer is a stupid egotistical dickhead and i'm happy that the rest of the nation is getting to enjoy his bullshit instead of us californians

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

wonder if she walks this back faster than harris' does when she lies about being for m4a

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Lol, did people not have taste buds in the 70s?

white people are incapable of tasting food unless its bland and/or coated in butter

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are there any ways to integrate schools other than busing

redistribution of housing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

ross perot was right about nafta

no he wasn't, those jobs were gone long before nafta was signed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

yeah I’d swap Harris and Castro

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Condiv posted:

what is there to dislike about bernie?

just brain spiders inserted by the campaign of she who shall not be named

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Montalvo posted:

Could you please point out where in my post I said that Bernie's supporters are all white cis-het men and that he has no support from women and minorities?

second sentence

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Montalvo posted:

If both of you are taking that away from that sentence, then I don't think we're going to really see eye to eye on this issue; as I was merely pointing out that the pushback to women and minorities that dislike Bernie comes from people who are not women and minorities; I made no assessment whatsoever about the nature and homogeneity of Bernie's supporters are large. Have a good one!

sorry your brain is broken, perhaps when Bill is arrested for raping children we can move past the damage this terrible family has done to our national politics

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's more fundamental than that.

People chose sides in the 2016 primary and got into slapfights and got trolled by bots and so forth.

Net result they started viewing everything Bernie does through a negative, hostile partisan lens, so anything he does at all they see with a negative spin which reinforces their existing bias etc.

Pattern replicates constantly among the terminal donut Twitter types. Bernie Bad therefore Bernie Bad.

tl;dr broke brain morons remain broke brain morons 4 years later

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Something I keep seeing in this thread is people (mainly harder left) who don't like Warren coming up with a billion excuses as to why they don't like her. Bro you can just say "she says capitalism is good and I disagree" you can just say that and leave it there! You don't need to come up with weird reasons otherwise! Just say that.

true but she is also numbers fuckstein made flesh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

how dare bernie not meet the raging anti-semitic russian ultra-nationalists whose seminal work is just campfire stories

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

eke out posted:

bernie's plan will "eliminate tuition and fees at four-year public colleges and universities, tribal colleges, community colleges, trade schools, and apprenticeship programs"

this'll still leave lots of people going to private colleges, graduate schools, etc incurring student loan debt, and also probably a lot of people with free tuition still taking out some loans for cost-of-living

what the gently caress do you want. we both know its not full communism now so what are you complaining about with sentence 2

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

All of this of course dances around the real point, which is that you don’t think that a degree is a plus. Well, employers don’t agree with you. If you legislate away an employer’s ability to have that preference, you will only make hiring more arbitrary.

I understand you don’t really value education, hence, anti-intellectualism, like I said. Employers like education because it helps people see and understand nuance. You know what? I think I understand why leftists don’t see much use for it.

hiring is already completely arbitrary my dude. if you don't hit the right buzzwords in your resume the programs HR departments use trash it without a human being ever laying eyes on it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

capitalism is breaking down in america lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

guys what if we structure our entire economy around being the only industrial power outside the communist bloc post-ww2 while also setting up an international finance system that requires the development of additional industrial powers. the inherent contradictions surely can't screw us over by oh lets say the 1970s

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

You're right, it's Bernie's plan.

Her plan for implementing it is to win the Senate, nuke the filibuster, and pass Bernie's bill.

so you'll be voting for bernie then i assume? i mean it is all bernie's plan so why risk going with anyone else

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

its the primary, primaries are for making GBS threads on candidates you don't like and supporting the ones you do, so as to elevate the one you personally feel is best suited

this isn't rocket science

the primary as liberals think it should be:

https://twitter.com/simpsons_vids/status/850685589334749185

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Harton posted:

Yeah honestly I don’t know what to tell you people who haven’t dreamed of dropping everything and running off with Uglycat at least once or twice.

"hello sane person, please'd to meet you" would be a good start

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

hobotrashcanfires posted:

Does anyone still have that infamous 'come vote milord' Russian pro bernie propaganda? Goddamn that sure was something, loving Russians.

OP of the succzone/dem primary in CSPAM but the gif is goonmade, someone has the coloring book photo as an avatar tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

nixon's weird because he lost to jfk, sat out the next election, then won the one after that (with only 43 percent of the vote).

he didn't sit out '64. he tried to get the party to draft him to run and after they went "lol no" to his loving face he campaigned for the down ballot in '64 and '66 to get himself a new base of support in the party