Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I voted for Booker but only because I bet someone like 5 years ago he'd become president and I want my $200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

Please don't make Dianne from Cheers and Frasier the Meme Magic President in 2020

Thank you

Also Cheers and Frasier are on Netflix start with Cheers and you'll realize why electing Diane is a bad idea tia

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Being as gullible as possible about a magic crystal anti-vax woo-woo scammer is the new woke lmao

In this thread we went from "rooting for her ~ironically~ " to having uncritical stans for this idiot in the time it takes to have a long lunch haha

This is how we got Trump

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Someone call Marie Kando cause this thread is a loving mess

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

drat it KM first you're anti-yang, and now you're anti-marianne?! You're gonna miss out on the healing crystals AND the $1000!!! D:

Literally me rn

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Luckyellow posted:

Wow you're such a grumpy old man. It's almost like you forgot you're on a comedy forum.

Beside weren't you the rear end in a top hat who got his panty in a knot over the best anti-imperalism candidate?

Pretty sure the guy who got banned for melting down in the Homestuck thread shouldn't cast the first stone

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Is the show any good?

It is!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Luckyellow posted:

It turns out that I was right about Homestuck in the end. Imagine trying to use Homestuck in 2019 as a character attack lmao

Says guy who said "you're on a comedy forum" in 2019 unironically 😂

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Real talk: with so many people trying to hide their bigotry and terrible opinions behind the "comedy forum" label a few years ago it was like the forums version of "it's just a prank bro!" and you can bet anyone saying it is probably a piece of poo poo

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Solvent, I don't expect white people to give up anything. That's why I'm occasionally pleasantly surprised, but never disappointed. White people want to hold on to their privilege with an iron fist. Which is exactly the problem???

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

VH4Ever posted:

You motherfuckers have gone through the Irony Singularity and come out the other side with this bullshit. I can't even call this Galaxy Brain anymore. Trump's brainworms are clearly contagious.

There is also a huge amount of privilege thrown in a lot of those posts holy moly

Especially dude from MI who said he'd happily throw his vote away and let Trump win, as if that's going to teach anyone a lesson.

My people fought and died for the right to vote for people who didn't give a gently caress about us. There's a very strong part of me that just wants to be like "Poor thing, you don't like voting for the lesser of two evils? We've been doing it for nearly a century so put on your big boy pants and make sure the worse guy doesn't win and remember we're still going to get hosed more than you"

But that's the point. They can afford the protest vote or to stay home. Some people can't.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

And you shouted them all down and they've left. That's how a forum works. Warren or Harris will make the news again and you'll shout down their supporters again and the thread will be in agreement again.

There are Harris supporters in Negrotown 🤷🏿‍♀️

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Typo posted:

without a leftist like williamson or bernie in 2020, we will only get a fascist-lite president like warren or full-on fascist president like biden or harris. And that only sets us up for a competent fascist in 2024.

Williamson or bust

Sounds like you should support Bernie instead tbh

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Typo posted:

Yes, I do support Bernie Williamson is bad compare to maple grandpa

Why

Also someone please tell me what good Marianne will do for black people and racism and white supremacy

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Wasn't she the only candidate to explicitly say we need reparations for slavery last night.

Idk I missed a lot of the debate because I was arguing with my mom about Biden and Bernie.

Typo posted:

she supports reparations for slavery

What kind of reparations though? Are they generational? Her Artpop could mean anything.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Punk da Bundo posted:

shut the gently caress up liberal , Tlaib is my rep and I voted for her . I vote for leftist candidates . I will stay home if Biden is the nominee . gently caress this “vote blue no matter who” cowardice .

Stupid loving lanyard .

Cowardice is throwing minorities to the wolves because you aren't getting what you want. It's especially shameful if you are in D13.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The supposed Warren and Harris supporters on this forum are largely mythical. We don't have Warren "supporters" here, we just have bernie-or-busters and then a (shrinking) group of people willing to discuss second choice options and/or trying to discuss the practicalities of who might win rather than the moralities of who should. I have yet to see anyone actually post "I think Harris should win" just a few tentative steps towards "I fear Harris might win" which usually get shouted down.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837920&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=98#post496319338

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Punk da Bundo posted:

I live in Dearborn , you’re an idiot . And if Bernie isn’t the nominee , I will just write in Marianne as a protest vote . Real simple .

Ok gentrifier

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Hundreds of billions of dollars "to distribute as they see fit".

I'm both intrigued and horrified

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Oof. That is a lot of minimizing (and ignoring) of terrible poo poo and assumed good intentions.

If you want to dissect a post in that thread, hop in over here. This isn't really the place. 🤷🏿‍♀️

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Tbh it is Sophie's choice and throwing your hands up, letting things worse because you're not getting what you want, hurts a lot more people and makes no loving sense

I would rather things stay status quo than get worse because worse is loving worse

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

volts5000 posted:

I agree to a certain length with “Vote Blue No Matter Who”. There’s just two problems that that kind of thinking can lead to.

One, it can lead to a serious level of uncritical thinking towards the primary candidates. I see it on message boards when a negative Biden article pops up. “Hey, a cheese sandwich would be better than Trump. I’ll support whoever isn’t Trump in the general.” The problem is that the entire field of Dem candidates are “not Trump”, so focus your efforts on picking the best one and really examine their pros and cons.

Two, it can lead to apathy. “We did it! Trump lost! Now I can go back to not thinking about politics. See you in four years!” Even If Bernie or Warren won the general, we all need to keep fighting and not slack when it comes to this poo poo.

I’m ok with “Vote Blue No Matter Who” as long as we don’t fall into the traps I stated above.

This is exactly how I feel tbh

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well, that's fair, but the problem is that the status quo is literally unsustainable. This naturally will lead to people not caring if they're presented with two choices that won't actually fix things, because if you're hosed either way, then why bother? Regardless of the morality of it all, this is what is happening and will continue to happen unless an avenue for fixing poo poo presents itself.

That's one of those lazy thought traps though. Again, black folks have been voting for yts who don't really care about us since we've been allowed to vote, that doesn't mean we stop trying to make things better or advocate for better people. Never stop fighting.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What do your chakras tell you

Also when did "electoralism" become pejorative

My aura feels indigo with a little bit of dark yellow spikage

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You don't become a good communist by going to meetings, or by memorizing the manifesto; you do it on the streets, you do it with your fists

I like both tbh

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Real talk: VH4 is going through a rough time, cut him some slack.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

papa horny michael posted:

https://www.marianne2020.com/issues/healthcare

"I robustly support high-quality universal health coverage for every American. I will do this by making medicare an 0ption on the Obamacare exchanges. Over time, more people will migrate to medicare. I also support federal subsidies to ensure medical coverage for every American, even those in states which have refused medicaid expansion.

Those who wish to keep their private insurance may do so."

Yikes

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Extremely same

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

S/o to lastgirl for being a real one itt

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lol if my healthcare and life weren't on the line in this election, I'd actually love to see this

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Harris getting nomed/elected would be a loving nightmare for me because I'm going to spend 1-8 years confronting misogynoir from dumb white progressives who don't understand you can criticise policies and dislike people without being a giant bigot

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mayor Pete is racist trash and everyone supporting him is apparently just ok with that because when I talk about how awful he is on race people just ignore me or shrug

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Uglycat posted:

I don't think this is a fair characterization, and I hold you in the highest respect.

Please convince me otherwise. What has he done for the black folks in his community? For police brutality? Red lining?

Because telling a community who is pain and asking for your help "I'm not asking for your vote" is really hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

Literally no one supports Pete besides Mr. "pete good" over there

I post other places than just SA!