Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea when the question is just pure 'who did the best' Harris is the only answer by a mile unless you're super into Castro's now kinda weak looking shiv of Beto. Lol @ Warren at number two purely because 'well I like her and she didn't say a slur so she did great'. Like yea that's how 90% of debate 'analysis' is but there's no way she had anything but an acceptable night compared to Harris going from 'and still for some reason running' to 'lol did you see her own biden'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lightning Knight posted:

While certainly interesting and important, the Queens DA race is not relevant to this thread.

I mean, in the sense that it's a sign how the establishment will openly rig things when they can get away with it I'd say it is, but fair.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

Biden even urged his son Hunter to honor the ancient Jewish tradition of Yibbum

every time I think you're a one note poster you come back with gold.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Typo posted:

Biden is not winning lol

yea between his now rather consistent downward slide and the fact he's reduced to flailing like this he's fuckin dead

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

fool_of_sound posted:

He'll survive to super Tuesday just by inertia but unless something big changes he'll get hilariously crushed then

yea he's gonna lurch on just because 'Joe Biden, Democrat' is enough to keep a lot of people on his side but he's done picking up new support and, yea I agree Super Tuesday will be when he gets wrecked.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

What % reduction would satisfy you all?

100%

I'll settle for something like, I dunno, 95%? See, compromise

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Warren's lovely 'I have a plan for that' meme is getting more and more infuriating with every reveal of her 'plans' being just 'can we keep doing the same thing we've done since the 90's?'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1147617192059506688

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Biden repeats apology that voters too loving stupid to listen to him when he's speaking

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Charlz Guybon posted:

She wasn't a politician at the time.

Adults can change, for good or ill.

Here's an example of someone who did the later in a big way. The economics he's preaching here are completely antithetical to his later presidential platform.

https://youtu.be/uJDhS4oUm0M

if you can trust someone who herself admits her big come to jesus moment was procedural 'the bush administration was so poorly managed' poo poo after supporting the party for decades of bigotry and hate for anyone not a wealthy straight white dude good on you for being more optimistic than me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TrixR4kids posted:

Exactly and it's kinda disappointing more progressive outlets aren't signal boosting this or treating it like it's some type of joke in the first place. He's there to go negative on the bad candidates, something Bernie won't do.

it didn't help that the weird teens running his entire campaign keep trying to make things about them and making weird 'haha yea I'm going to Oxford but I still wanna join the military after doing ROTC, you know, for woke reasons' comments. That's the problem with a campaign literally run by other people, no one really is getting much of Gravel's messaging because, ya know, he's not doing anything

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lycus posted:

Has Warren said before that she'd legalize every immigrant? https://twitter.com/Robillard/status/1150148164281876487?s=20

She has a plan that I'm sure will turn out to be a 'path to citizenship' for young people aged 18 to 25 who have never jaywalked and can provide proof of both employment and college enrollment

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

papa horny michael posted:

Her foundation Project Angel Food has cared for hiv/aids patients for longer than the u.s. government chose to consider them as people.

she's literally done more direct action to help people treated as the dregs of society than nearly the entire field and lol @ 'well Yang, this techbro freak with a history of being a giant parasite, surely actually cares when he introduces the worst form of UBI as a lampshade to gut welfare right?'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tylersayten posted:

Even though Yang’s UBI is next to poo poo, I strongly advise everyone to read his book The War on Normal People - it’s a loving sobering alarm bell about the coming tidal wave of automation over the next 10 years. This is going to have a PROFOUND affect on politics and daily life.

Or read The Future of Work: Robots, AI, and Automation by Darrel West, someone who understands the issues of automation and countless related issues and has actual solutions such as expanding our definition of 'work' to include things like volunteer and community work and parenting and divorcing the idea of being defined by your job from personal fulfillment

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The War On Normal People is a great book to read to get Yang's mindset, though, but I don't really mean that as a complement.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Oh does it basically boil down to "capitalism is about to gently caress everyone even harder, hope y'all are ready for it" and then celebrating that fact like he's Thomas loving Friedman?

yuuuuuuuuuup, mix in some generic 'cities will have to adjust for this new paradigm' without any actual solutions other than 'mmmmaaaaayhaps a form of UBI (but no welfare)'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Main Paineframe posted:

He also proposed making every single law expire automatically after ten years.

His non-UBI policies get virtually no coverage, but about half of them are batshit.

gently caress I didn't know he was the purge candidate, I may have to vote for him after all

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is this thread doing enough to help Marianne Williamson charge our nation's crystals?

confession time, my shift to Marianne has been helped by having a very woo-y lefty friend who's deeply unironically campaigning for her and I have made her promise me she'll bring up subsidizing our nation's crystal resources if she gets some genuine face time. So now I need her to do well enough in Texas to visit and get my plank brought up.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

have you seen my baby posted:

Williamson's America would be the true revenge for Trump

Smugly and condescendingly telling angry Trump supporters, "sounds like someone needs a yoga pose :smuggo:" in response to everything they say would be delicious

there's a lot of theory around presidential elections being mostly reactionary cultural events more than anything, and for a while we've all thought the 'reaction' to Trump would be some boring Warren type regulator.

But what if we REALLY reacted to Trump and got our weird Xanax and wine aunt to run the country and tell the president of Iran to get his toxins purged if he wants to calm down

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not meaning any insult to her, but "capable of outsmarting Dave Rubin" is a pretty low bar to clear.

this is true but most of the candidates would be treating him like he deserved respect. It's not so much 'she's smarter than Dave Rubin', since, yea, we'd be voting for a snail if that was the line, it's that she's one of the few to deal with these freaks by just going 'are you loving stupid?'

Also
https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/1151703921850769408

she's gonna rip Corey Booker's skin off in her debate I guess.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
no one actually thinks Williamson is gonna win we're just having fun in a really lovely and stupid primary

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Main Paineframe posted:

Most anti-vaxxers claim they're not anti-vax, though. Jenny McCarthy, for example, says she's not anti-vax, she's "pro-safe-vaccine schedule". Andrew Wakefield, the fraud who faked the original MMR-causes-autism study, claims that he's not anti-vax, he's just concerned about "the safest way in which to deliver these vaccines to children". RFK Jr. says that he's not anti-vax, he just wants to make sure we're using "safe vaccines with robust safety testing" and is worried that we're "forcing pharmaceutical products on unwilling American citizens without understanding the downside risks". And so on, and so forth. Sometimes they're "pro-informed consent". Sometimes they're "vaccine risk aware". They never come out and say they oppose vaccination - they just suggest and insinuate that our current vaccinations, schedules, and systems may not be completely safe and that parents should have more choice about when and how to confront the dangers of vaccines.

she literally is not opposed to vaccination though, she literally has nothing in her stuff about stopping or in any way bothering with them, she made a dumb comment off hand but there's nothing actually 'anti-vax' about her

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Terror Sweat posted:

Which candidate is anti-vaxx, but only for rich people

I think that's trump actually, he freaks out about CHILDREN ARE NOT HORSES to play the 'we just do too many shots!!! SCARY!!!!!' card but he also seems to support vaccination programs that focus on public schools and health centers and all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

Yeah they will. Castro needs to break out from the melee so he'll kneecap the frontrunner (still Biden), Harris is going to be playing defense-offense against Biden, Booker is possibly running for Bernie or Warren's VP so he'll be beating up on Biden, Gabbard is definitely going to hit Biden when she gets a word in edgewise, etc.

my prediction is that Biden will come out swinging hard because he's proven to be a deeply fragile man and probably is genuinely angry that 'I WAS OBAMA'S VP!!!!' isn't enough to push him to the finish line. If he does that no one will really need to hit him hard since he'll be self destructing, so we'll just be left with Debate 2 being the 'woops all the POC' debate

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I actually agree that Booker desperately thinks he's gonna get a job in the Bernie/Warren WH so yea I could see him getting a punch on Biden. He's gotta do something with that manic 'you guys ate the brownies I brought before this right? gently caress just me? poo poo I hosed up' energy and trying to earn some points by suplexing Biden wouldn't be a bad choice.

Castro I think is done, he actually got a nice shank on Beto but Harris sucked all the air out of that and I genuinely think those castro freaks think they're both gonna be president still.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea jackasses will frame any amount of "Senator Sanders, don't you think a WOMAN...like senator Warren...should be president?" "No, I want to be president." as 'SANDERS AND WARREN FINALLY CLASH' but both of them are disciplined and old enough to know until Biden dies there's zero benefit in doing body blows for second place.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

Harris is going to make Biden cry actual tears and come across as a huge bully

"Senator Harris, your rebuttal?"

"All I have to ask is, mr vice president...why are you hitting yourself?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hello I'm Cory Booker, thank you for hiring my brother Bory Cooker, he is not a clone of me grown in a vat I promise you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
wait what the gently caress he's actually named Cary Booker????

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Cary and Carolyn and their sons Cory and Cary are real people.

I googled this and gently caress you for this not being a joke

nevermind guys I'm on team Booker, america IS ready for its first PoP president (Person of Pod)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Senator Booker, what will be YOUR agenda for your first 100 days?"

"Certainly NOT harvesting Earth's vast water supply for the dying planet Malmak, that I can assure you!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

shrike82 posted:

I'm curious what the politics for the forum will turn to if/when Bernie isn't the Dem candidate in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwS7oTU-sE

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1152931252598706179?s=19

The replies are unsurprisingly trying to paint this as a big gotcha against Bernie. God forbid people aren't forced to work 60+ hour work weeks.

so pretty much the actual chain of events was

-union has an issue

-union brings issue up to management

-union advocates for workers in discussion

-management agrees with union

man WaPo really nailed ol wily bernie with this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

You gotta respect Biden's absolute refusal to pander, or bend to the whims of the populace. Any other candidate would've taken the note "don't open mouth kiss any women other than your wife on stage" by now, but Biden will not be moved.

https://twitter.com/ThomasIsOnline/status/1153058059469631489

Joe Biden is the spiritual opposite of the 'stop emailing my wife' guys

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the whole 'the economy is good, trump will win on that' is kinda buying into right wing framing, though. The economy sucks rear end, the low unemployment numbers and all are great for economy wonks and rich people and all but for the actual people involved in those numbers they are actually living their lives and seeing 'oh right I still have to work two jobs and haven't got a raise in years and all this other bullshit that keeps wearing down on me'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"funny, given how much I quote Einstein" is for sure a dril quote somewhere

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Terror Sweat posted:

I will never trust a reaganite

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lightning Knight posted:

I actually don’t agree with this, I think people will set their expectations low and he’ll skate by. We’ve seen this in the past with people like Romney and Trump who got free rides in their later debates because people no longer expected much of them.

agreed, he's already set things badly with his 'NO MORE MR NICE GUY' poo poo, so everyone's already expecting grandpa joe to be a feisty idiot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1156250710893162497

This is just very worrying. It's feeling like 2016.

in 2016 there were basically 2 candidates (no, no one actually gave a poo poo about MOM or the dude who wanted the metric system), this primary will be different when it comes to actual voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm happy I ignored this debate because lol who fuckin cares with the clowncar still in effect. Any highlights?