Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao Harris already walked back her support for abolishing private insurance again

I'm shocked. Stunned.

One thing that was cool about this debate was the ongoing confirmation that a lot of the centrists running present a material danger to the continued well being of the American peasantry just trying to hold down two contractor gig jobs with terrible or no health insurance while raising a kid who hopefully won't be shot in high school.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Gripweed posted:

When should we expect the first post-debate polls?

A week?

https://twitter.com/Schnorkles/status/1143729050499739649?s=19

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Solvent posted:

Hello.
I’m going to come with a long range snipe because I can’t sleep.
I can’t ... post.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3604430&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post493567277

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tibalt posted:

Gabbard's my personal "Hell loving No" candidate.

Earnest support from 4chan Nazi boards is enough to completely write Gabbard as a dangerous trap.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Typo posted:

forcibly removed if you will

:trumppop:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Punk da Bundo posted:

shut the gently caress up liberal , Tlaib is my rep and I voted for her . I vote for leftist candidates . I will stay home if Biden is the nominee . gently caress this “vote blue no matter who” cowardice .

Stupid loving lanyard .

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I haven't read or posted much in D&D in a bit. I saw that two mods I respect processed this probe, and I'm curious what specifically happened that needs to be avoided, especially since I feel like screaming the above anti-centrist sentiment most days when reading Twitter on the shitter.

Low content/quality & goon-on-goon anger?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I guess it's useful to reaffirm the notion that most voters don't actually know much about candidates and their politics at all, and that dumb factors like name recognition matter far more than whether two politicians like, say, Biden and Sanders are about as far apart from each other as any of these candidates could be.

It's also depressing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

If kamala harris is the nominee her sole purpose is to support the power structures that never cared about trump

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

B B posted:

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/1145376470782697474

The sample size for this is 29 anonymous "Democratic activists" that the author called up. This is what passes for "data-driven journalism."

:laffo:

Ah yes, nearly 60% of :airquote: activists :airquote: oppose the most popular federal politician in the union

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

redneck nazgul posted:

I still support Harris, but Warren is my second choice. My top six, for what it is worth) are:

Harris

Warren

Booker

Inslee

Klobuchar

Gillibrand

These are the ones I could enthusiastically support. For the most part the rest are from “I’ll vote for them, but not as happily.” Still six good (if not perfect) candidates is pretty amazing!

I kinda want to get to know you, in a "What was it like to know a French collabo?" way.

I'm really not kidding. A stance of "I support expansion of the corporate state, imperialism, and civil rights lip service" is alien enough to me that I can't get angry at it. It's fascinating. Even the alt-right thinks they're anti-corporatist/anti-imperialist; your candidates don't even bother concealing their regressive, imperialist stances very much.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 1, 2019

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Swear to God, if that really is an unsourced quote,

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'll take "Motivated Reasoning" for $420.69, Alex.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Gyges posted:

You know a quality fact check when you smell burnt toast after thinking about it.

Comrade Dyatlov, do you taste metal?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's 2019. In D&D.

Someone who doesn't yet understand the economic benefits of M4A as a regular of these forms is not really worth paying attention to.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There's only so many times one can rehash M4A over the years before the remaining chaff needs to be written off.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Groovelord Neato posted:

thinking about that pre-campaign top ten where enten and cillizza had o'rourke at 3rd and sanders at 7th or some ridiculous bullshit.

Wannabe billionaires really don't want to lose their opportunities to make bank peeling skin off the backs of the working class

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Watch CNN hang a live camera over Marianne Williamswharever's empty podium a year from now for cheap shock value ratings, capstone's by her asking the alien-human hybrids to find Donald Trump's 30,000 missing JO crystals.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Calibanibal posted:

Bernie stans turned out in droves for Trump in 2016

Except they overwhelmingly voted for Clinton.

It's 2019. How did this talking point come back up?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Oh Snapple! posted:

ya got Calibanibal'd

is this a synonym of tedium?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CelestialScribe posted:

How could you accomplish M4A without the Senate?

Literally. What are the details of how this could be accomplished?

Abolish the senate at bayonet point :shrug:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

In this post-Epstein-plea-deal world, hill consultants and natsec thinktank beltway employees will ask that Joe and Donald compete onstage by alternately groping and fuUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 16, 2019

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

If your goofy long red tie touches the ground, does that count as a push up? Asking for a fellow tinpot world leader.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ruminahui posted:

Why.

Why are numbers fuckstein so utterly broken.

"Look it's easy just do X"

-Yang, Butt, other techie engineers so specialized into specific pigeonholes they have absolutely no clue why other problems might genuinely be hard

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Grapplejack posted:

I like the idea that if Bernie fails it's time to abandon the idea of democracy altogether and become the pro-authoritarian left, as if that is at all a good idea

Unironically agreed.

Lo and behold, we continue to break records.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

mandatory lesbian posted:

Imagine being stupid enough to think crime tourism is real

imagine being conservative centrist

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

luv2conflate bail with "getting away with crime scot free"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Chilichimp posted:

in the current context of no-cash-bail and the progressive movement,

this one politician "once" pushed to INCREASE bail.

SO SHE IS CANCELLED

Truly, frenz, this is her Ralph Northam moment.

In a post 1964 world, why should someone even think about increased bail, ever, if not to serve the New Jim Crow state?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Guys chill out, on this one issue, if we ignore a ton of other issues, Kamala served segregationist interests ONLY ONCE, relax jfc.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Chilichimp posted:

though I prefer her of the centrists in the crowded field.

Actually I agree with this.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

mandatory lesbian posted:

Gravel is my second choice, Williamson my third. They're the only anti-imperialists running I think

"But Gabbard is totally sincerely running as an anti-imperialist!"
|/
:chud:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hell forecast: condemned souls are up, Up, UP!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

bitch, fully a third of the population was praying he was really as bad as he seemed

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lemming posted:

Just because Trump thinks CNN is bad doesn't mean that CNN is good

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

TulliusCicero posted:

Just admit you are a closet Republican Tapper, Jesus christ

He isn't closeted. He's loud and white proud :heritage:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

"Mr senator sanders, you and trump had the same foreign policy sound clip, please explain why you are actually trump and evil"

great unbiased questions there cnn

Jesus Christ they aren't even trying to hide the full throated panic over guarding wealth, imperialism, and white privilege

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Welp, throw Marianne Williamson in with the rest of the pre-diabetic, brain-addled slice of the Boomer/X-er generation.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

That poo poo actually made it into print lmao

what the gently caress

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I wonder if Engels, Marx, Lenin said anything about the downsides of spirituality in the public sphere, like perhaps spiritualism is a sham to get people to accept lower real standards of living from their overlords

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

golly gee willikers you don't suppose that dialectical materialism has something to do with the material world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I can't drop this Williamson stuff.

Williamson is the spokesperson for a portion of our society that has been cowed into passive acceptance of their material deprivation. To wit, "we don't need that expensive medicine for healing, faith will be enough."