Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lycus posted:

Looks like the biggest disconnect between goon reaction and outsider reaction to the debates is Booty Judge.

It's because Fox News and CNN are full on covering the guy like he's a front runner and a top contender, and I'm just sitting here going "him, really?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Democrazy posted:

Despite having never given any money to a candidate before this cycle, today is payday, and I kinda wanna give to Marianne Williamson.

I just want to see how far we can take this.

Please don't make Dianne from Cheers and Frasier the Meme Magic President in 2020

Thank you

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Punk da Bundo posted:

Marianne would make a better president than the lifeless limp lanyard liberals on stage . Only Bernie would be better. Name one other person up there besides Bernie on her level . You can’t .

Warren's eager hand raising Hermione energy is pretty great, I dunno

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This owns so hard

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

But there are several? :)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lol at the people melting down about loving Harry Potter comparisons

Like I don't think JK Rowling is some master of literature either, but jesus folks popular culture is a thing

From now on I demand all political candidates be compared to Gregor from Metamorphosis, or Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment :colbert:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...What?

This reads like a Caro post duder

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

RuanGacho posted:

It's a very weird feeling to me to consider the debates where we have to listen to hot takes about whats wrong and right in what is said from literally everyone who has no business telling the left what to think.

Like I know it drives pundits and the president loving nuts that theyre not the center of attention, but why the hell should anyone ask the opposition what they think about our canidates?

Because "both sides"

I also think the GOP actively baits us into picking much shittier, "electable" candidates and we loving fall for it almost every time

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1144643009654525953

lol didn't everyone know he picked biden so the whites wouldn't be so scared?

Ah noted brain genius Michael Tracy

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Holy poo poo :stonklol:

So is Biden the fastest presidential campaign to collapse like a neutron star?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Flip Yr Wig posted:

One has to imagine this will be the wedge that tears older black voters away from Biden.

Edit:
I guess the returns are coming in. Huh.
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1144676029883133952

This country is absolutely loving braindead

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Typo posted:

that would explain why they empathize with Biden LOL

Just glad we will get to pick between the old rich white guy who opposed busing because "states' rights" (he is the "liberal" candidate :lol:!), and the old extremely corrupt rich white guy who wanted 5 black teenagers to die for looking at a white woman, which means they raped her in his dying brain

...How exactly do I get off this planet?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 28, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Punk da Bundo posted:

i like how the thread continues to poo poo on Marianne yet she's better than every loving neoliberal shill up there, and you have nothing to back up your argument other than "she's sooo wackyyyy".

Marianne wouldn't go to war, she supports reparations, she wants you to have healthcare, she's against imperialism.

she's better than harris, biden, booker, warren. literally only Bernie is a better choice.

She's also Dianne Chambers but real, but go off man

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Broke": "Trump is so dumb, Republicans fell for a con-man and are totally anti-science when it comes to climate change and evolution"

Woke: "I want to vote for the rich white lady who is friends with Oprah, and who believes in JO crystals and is an anti-vaxxer, because she said some pseudo-true things in her long babble stupors!" :shepface:

Why don't you see if she has any actual leftist policies first? Like you know, Warren and Bernie?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 29, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Koalas March posted:

There is also a huge amount of privilege thrown in a lot of those posts holy moly

Especially dude from MI who said he'd happily throw his vote away and let Trump win, as if that's going to teach anyone a lesson.

My people fought and died for the right to vote for people who didn't give a gently caress about us. There's a very strong part of me that just wants to be like "Poor thing, you don't like voting for the lesser of two evils? We've been doing it for nearly a century so put on your big boy pants and make sure the worse guy doesn't win and remember we're still going to get hosed more than you"

But that's the point. They can afford the protest vote or to stay home. Some people can't.

Yeah loving this

Sorry your "morals" can't take voting for the lesser of two evils, but children are being put in cages and racism is on the rise

I voted for Bernie and wanted the dude to win so much, I hated status quo "third way" Hillary, but you can bet your rear end I voted for her over the orange senile lunatic fuhrer, and would do it again

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I have news for all you "can't vote because principles" people:

Republicans vote. Every single loving time. Even the Never Trumpers will come back to daddy, because in the end only their wallets, their team, and their superiority in the hierarchy and society matter. They WILL vote for Trump, and they have rigged the game so badly every loving Democrat vote matters despite being the majority of the population.

So loving vote

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 29, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

VH4Ever posted:

Yeah that Michigan guy LITERALLY is why we have Trump. It really sucks that for all the actual work you're doing and have done up there in helping get good folks like Tlaib elected, you've got pedantic fuckwits like that poster sitting there going "Well, have you considered, LIBERAL, that the Crazy Crystal Lady is Actually Good and I'll only vote for her and no one else!!" and help pull against all the effort you've expended. That guy deserves a punch in the face meant for a Nazi, just for being idiotic.

I could say some choice things about that guy and where exactly in Michigan I am 100% sure he is from to have that much entitlement and priviledge that his dumbass would throw away his vote, but for the interest of civility I'm not going to

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Punk da Bundo posted:

shut the gently caress up liberal , Tlaib is my rep and I voted for her . I vote for leftist candidates . I will stay home if Biden is the nominee . gently caress this “vote blue no matter who” cowardice .

Stupid loving lanyard .

The Hispanic and Muslim communities in Michigan (and hell, the very large Jewish one) will thank you for your integrity when they are marched off to the camps

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lol if Republicans being loving idiots actually gets Williamson to beat Trump

And we are in the hell timeline, so it could happen

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Punk da Bundo posted:

there isn’t one candidate with good views on Israel , Israel should be treated and regarded like apartheid South Africa . It’s a shame, really , that people are so afraid to stand up for what is right .

I actually 100% agree with you on this. Israel is a fascist apartheid state, and it should be called out for exactly what it is

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Majorian posted:

And yet now we have someone who genuinely is better on Israel than pretty much any major candidate we've had since 1948. That's something to get excited about.

I actually expect that if Bernie becomes the nominee they will try to find a way to say he is anti-semitic somehow

AIPAC and Israel and the Shapiro-Adelson Evangelicals posing as Jews will find a way

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 29, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Majorian posted:

Pedant.:jerkbag:

I genuinely did not know this about McGovern. Good for him!

Oh don't worry, Shapiro's already found a way: call them fake Jews. (which he does to anyone to the left of Bibi, regularly)

Lol at evangelical Shapiro questioning anyone's "jewishness"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"I will continue to rabidly attack all the people who are saying they support Bernie and are looking for alternatives should it come to it if Bernie is not the nominee. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk"

Also I really want to see Trump and Williamson debate for the sheer spectacle, and in the hope that she legit hits him with a spirit bomb

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 30, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Corporations

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

sean10mm posted:

So have we been given the all-clear to make butt jokes about the gay man in 2019? :thunk:

(He's a terrible candidate and also boring as poo poo tho)

I honestly don't even think it's that: the man's actual name is butt

I can't even imagine what elementary school was like

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Yeah I don't want to vote for Biden at all, but what if my dumbass neighbor and his racist aunt want to vote for Biden?"-electability in a nut shell

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

oxsnard posted:

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/1126156518586494977?s=20

This study is very interesting. Never trumpers warming up a bit, but the actual "economic anxiety" vote (e.g. Obama to Trump) has soured. That's the swing vote in WI and MI and PA

You mean Never-Trumpers are blatant liars and immoral fucks who will always come back to the fold?

Wow, what news! (The absolutely depressing thing is this would be news to a lot of loving "moderate" Democrats and centrists)

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 2, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

That's honest at least

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just admit you are a closet Republican Tapper, Jesus christ

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

So when they say anyone can beat Trump Warren is proving why she can't: she's being throttled by the moderators. Trump won't be so kind.

Are we watching the same debate in the same dimension?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

OhDearGodNo posted:

She has that weird accent that some people have that I don’t think I can place.

e: she’s nuts and anti-vaxx apparently but whatever... i wouldn’t want her as President but VP would be great.

It's Dianne's wierd New England accent from Cheers

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mind_Taker posted:

Holy poo poo that ending was perfect. Biden is senile

So is 50%+ of the electorate

"He's just like us!": Brain damaged from dementia and lead fumes

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Please listen to me, actual Satan, on my advice for you to win the election"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

WampaLord posted:

Yup that makes perfect sense, The Villages is dying rich Boomer central. Thankfully Florida is a very populated state and the big cities are more than enough to overwhelm the voting influence of The Villages

Not when it is suppressed, and they bus in new snowbirds and the shittiest boomers by the day my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

WampaLord posted:

Might as well give up now, then!

What's the point of doomsaying like this?

Doomsaying? I'm saying no one can be complacent about Florida anymore. Vote now, or it will become the chuddiest state in the union.