Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Lycus posted:

Looks like the biggest disconnect between goon reaction and outsider reaction to the debates is Booty Judge.

I refuse to believe that Chucky doll looking weirdo is going to win this primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’m 100% in favor of Canada style healthcare for all America, but isn’t it a moot point in America unless the Democrats have 60 senators?

It's even more of a moot point if there are no Democrats fighting for it, or if Democrats are fighting against it.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Ogmius815 posted:

I think there’s a fairly good comparison to be made between the bernout crew and Ivan Karamazov.

oh shut the gently caress up

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Solvent posted:

Hello.
I’m going to come with a long range snipe because I can’t sleep.
I can’t sleep, I haven’t posted in months, and I want this to be something I can quote without having to toxx for it.
Something Awful is a drat fine place full of brilliant people who have some serious opinions (problems).
Reading Goon takes on the debates are waaaaaay better than watching them.
Here are some of my opinions, ripe for first (second) page hatred.

Warren is the democratic nominee, I didn’t watch the debates, I’m not remotely interested in them.
I knew she was the democratic nominee when she started running.
She knew she was the democratic nominee when she started running.

Joe Biden didn’t want to run at all, he’s doing this to call more attention to the democrats who are. To say he’s committing political suicide is to say “who is that guy again? oh yeah, barry’s vp”.
I think he wanted to step out of the way a couple years ago, but people, I don’t know who, butt people think he should have ran.

Check my probes, I was the literal first person in C-SPAM to say Bernie would have won after Colbert looked like he was going to cry on election night.
That being said: “I am not now and have never been a member of the communist party or otherwise affiliated with it.”
After minimal :words: in the DSA thread, I’ve declared this rabid communist bullshit to be not funny anymore.
You loving goons. God drat. Go talk to some people outside of your bubble. It’ll do them and you some good if you try.
I dunno, hear them out and not try to demonize them or convince them of anything maybe.
Try to find things you agree with (those) people about, make any sort of common ground.
Bernie has made his point, and I salute his unbelievable integrity. The man is a saint even if you don’t agree with him.
If I’m incorrect about Liz and he is nominated, of course I’d vote for him. I love the man.
When I say Bernie is unbelievable, I say “hey there’s a politician in Washington who’s had the same message for longer than I’ve been alive!” (I’m one of the oldest of my generation) I’ve said this before too, wouldn’t it be fair to ask who the hell that person who’s been in politics so long, and has stayed on message so consistently could possibly could be if you’d never heard of the man?

Good luck to people with a horse in this race, I’m not so sure that the orange crybaby will be voted out at all.

The world is a complicated place, and it looks more interesting (frightening) all the time. I’m tired of people trying to make me feel stupid and bad because a plastic shopping bag doesn’t break and drop all my food on the ground. How come I can’t shop at the co-op for oatmeal that isn’t full of roundup, without getting the side eye like I came to church wearing a yarmulke? I’m sorry I like steak and beer, as well as kombucha and insoluble fiber.

Maybe the bad guy wrestler will make me rich too somehow, and prevent the utter dissolution of the white race (my team).
Maybe it’s time I just let go of trying to care about people who just aren’t like me, and instead focus on my own family.

I’ve talked to too many people, young and old, without interjecting my own opinion for at least five loving minutes to have faith in the system right now, and I’ve read a lot of yours. I’m so very, very sorry (tired) that this post is (mostly) in earnest.
The internet really did make us all stupid.

Apologies, I’m going back to my hiatus for at least another month.
I also need to buy a new av.
Not like anybody noticed or cared.
I’ll be reading even if not posting, so, thank you if you took the time to read my spectacularly bad post.

drat dude, you sound like a huge rear end in a top hat

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Ogmius815 posted:

I’m pretty sure the Marianne “fans” are doing a sort of bit. No one really wants her to be the nominee. It’s entertaining to have one total kook in the debates, like with Mike Gravel or Ross Perot.

THIS IS HOW WE GOT TRUMP

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

VH4Ever posted:

Boy am I loving glad I never followed anyone's advice to listen to these assholes. They contribute nothing but worthless bullshit to the political zeitgeist in this country.

imagine being this uptight about a throw away bit from a podcast

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

OB_Juan posted:

I might have missed something, what's "lanyard" about?

consultants, pundits, and washington insiders who wear lanyards and get paid six figures to be wrong about everything

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

pretty much every single comment on NPRs Facebook article about Harris winning the debate is about how Buttigieg was the real winner because he didn't raise his voice and showed composure.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

LionArcher posted:

So it basically comes down to my fear that I think Harris is more electable,

anytime you find yourself using this a justification you should stop and start over

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

biden's racist as gently caress. imo that's worse than anti-vaxx, but you do you

I can excuse racism, but scientific illiteracy !

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

ELO Musk posted:

If he talked about an american's bottom line going down but that technically yes taxes go up instead, I think it'd be a lot more persuasive. I'm no political analyst, though, just someone who believes in a message that has recently felt very stale and unable to adapt

that's exactly what he said though

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm serious that Williamson is better than Biden.

yeah she's legitimately better than half the field at this point

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

VH4Ever posted:

Dude this LITERALLY is how we have Trump. Remember people saying "OMG we MEMED a president into office!"

I don't think she'll win either but this sort of thinking is so wrong-headed and dangerous I've no idea where to begin.

maybe breathe into a paper bag for a bit or something idk

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

that and the stuff she puts out there is genuinely funny

this is still a better plan for dealing with ISIS than the Obama admin's

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

phasmid posted:

At this point, if a candidate says anything anti-science they should be drummed out, imo. We don't have time to play games with people's uneducated belief systems.

What about anti-civil rights?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

GreyjoyBastard posted:

if only black people read DnD and CSPAM

oh well, Biden's the nominee now

I'm waiting to see more polling on this tbh

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

What the hell does this chart mean

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Judakel posted:

That's why you vote them out.

That was the point of my post

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Mellow Seas posted:

Williamson now has higher unfaves than faves according to that chart, because people don’t actually want Melisandre to be President.

Yo quit it with the Harry Potter references

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

TGLT posted:

she's the only candidate with a plan for a mass exodus back to the primeval plane
https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/145658786131099649

Williamson is literally a Yithian

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/37081071291990016

i'm p sure people still hurt each other in evangelion

I love her holy poo poo

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

angels are monstrous beings that had to say "be not afraid" whenever they appeared to humans so they wouldn't poo poo their pants.

I don't think she's talking about Christian angels here

Edit: I feel like you wouldn't have criticized Lincoln over his similar interpretation

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Typo posted:

but rather blood angels savior of humanity

The better angels of our nature!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Centrists trying to slander and attack Williamson is just reassuring me of her power. Soon, Aldebaraan will be low on the horizon and the chakras will be aligned.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Epicurius posted:

I'm pretty sure Lincoln was speaking metaphorically. I'm not sure about Williamson.

Good point

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

VH4Ever posted:

You wanna meet me on the streets sometime, rear end in a top hat? I'll show you where the gently caress you belong.

Go ahead and probe me, mods. gently caress this place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Looks like someone needs to align their chakras

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

redneck nazgul posted:

I still support Harris, but Warren is my second choice. My top six, for what it is worth) are:

Harris

Warren

Booker

Inslee

Klobuchar

Gillibrand

These are the ones I could enthusiastically support. For the most part the rest are from “I’ll vote for them, but not as happily.” Still six good (if not perfect) candidates is pretty amazing!

this is trolling right

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

the_steve posted:

I'm no expert, but isn't that kind of the entire loving point?

yes but in Kessler's mind pointing out anything bad that is part of the status quo is inherently unfair and/or misleading.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I'm in favor of Z Autobahn being quarantined to his own thread, personally

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Judakel posted:

You only seem to point it out with the Berndawg, though. That's okay because I know you're a big supporter of his.

I don't know how I missed this but, 10%:

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1145828182744076288

Wouldn't a 10% decrease over a decade not even come close to keeping up with inflation?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Solkanar512 posted:

I'm not pulling the trick of "only one problem matters", I'm pointing out that it matters with all the others. The rest of you continue to think that being an anti-vaxxer is just some joke that only stemlords care about rather than a serious public health crisis. Literally calling someone a "tedious liberal" because they have to worry about measles outbreaks is incredibly hosed up.

This is little more than bullshit equivocation. Pete gave a lovely answer because he clearly hasn't thought the problem through. Marianne literally makes her living off of snake oil bullshit. You're being disingenuous as usual when you equate the two.

Quit acting like little shits and take this seriously.

People have already pointed out that her stance on vaccines is essentially identical to everyone else on that stage.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

This would be very disappointing.

She endorsed Clinton after all.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

eke out posted:

by the same logic, surely famous clinton-endorser Bernard Sanders will pick a centrist over Warren when he drops out because ?????

lol

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

VitalSigns posted:

Imagine Lance Armstrong making these kinds of arguments.

"Well yes I doped, and then I won all those medals, but since we can't go back in time and redo the race without me doping you can't prove that I wouldn't have won anyway. Therefore you have to ignore it!"
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if people who tribally identified as Lance Armstrong fans who did make absurd arguments like that to defend Team Lance

Ok but just to be fair, a minimum of 50% of his competition was doing the same thing.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Can you imagine how this thread would treat a republican who did the same thing Warren did?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

:frogout:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

What's the MOE here?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

The Glumslinger posted:

Lol, did people not have taste buds in the 70s?

This is wayyyyy to little salt

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1149654663773343744

its extremely disheartening to me that warren is finding ways to get around paying her staff

it calls into question her labor friendlyness (which is supposed to be her selling point) when she's pulling this stuff

whenever people get mad at you for pointing out that she was a republican until recently you can point to stuff like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

There are D candidates who say they want to keep the electoral college?

that's not what he asked