Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Maybe Celibate is there to reflect infertility, not that she doesn't like to bang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

can AI rulers get immortality? also, could there be a Highlander mod where unattached immortal characters wander around the world from court to court trying to kill each other?

Dakona
May 3, 2014

oystertoadfish posted:

can AI rulers get immortality? also, could there be a Highlander mod where unattached immortal characters wander around the world from court to court trying to kill each other?

They can if you allow it in the game rules when you start a campaign. I've seen it once in around 300 hours.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

oystertoadfish posted:

Dakona posted:

They can if you allow it in the game rules when you start a campaign. I've seen it once in around 300 hours.

I don't want to spoil any surprises, but I've added and altered plenty of events and decisions from the base game. Especially supernatural ones. So keep that in mind.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hashim posted:

I don't want to spoil any surprises, but I've added and altered plenty of events and decisions from the base game. Especially supernatural ones. So keep that in mind.

Oho, NICE! :unsmigghh:

Since you're altering stuff though, is it possible to make requests? 'Cos I'd really like Ramirez back somehow- it doesn't feel right for a Celtic immortal to not have Ramirez as his friend and ally.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

I know Hashim said he didn't want to MegaLP this one but boy this world in EU4 (and then stopping there bc converting to Vicky 2 is Hell) would be something. Historically Umayyad-dominated Europe would be a really fun change of pace to other LPs.

Then again I guess Hashim could always post his final save and other folks could try and cook up an EU4 start date.

cross-game succession megaLP.....

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The locals were bustling about the town centre — rushing back from the markets, trudging home after a long day’s work, heading to the nearest pubs — when an enormously fat man waddled into the crowd, closely followed by his two aides. They set down a massive platform beneath a statue of some long-forgotten king, and helped him climb onto it.

With that, everyone’s errands came to a sudden halt, and as a crowd gathered around the scene, three young men at the edge of the square began whispering fervently.

“…third time this week…”
“…waste of time…”
“…who even is he…”

8th of December, 1028

Hear ye, Hear ye!” The town crier’s booming voice immediately silenced the murmuring crowd.

“Hear ye, Hear ye!
News from Rome!
Where caput mundi has fallen
And saracens make their home!”

“Terrible, terrible.” The first youngster muttered.

“Not even the worst of it,” replied the second. “I hear that the heathens are already in Germany.”

“I have a cousin in Venice, you know,” said the third. “He says that the king of the saracens isn’t even a man, but a faceless ghoul possessed by the devil.”

“Is that the same cousin who tried to get the King to recognise his little goat coronation schtick? Yeah, I wouldn’t take his word for it.”

5th of February, 1032

“Hear ye, Hear ye!
Orders straight from the King!
A new tax is to be levied
To fund a campaign this spring!”

“Grubby swindlers…”

“Yes, well, God be with them and all that.”

“Oh, are we not going?” The third youth said far too loudly, to glowering stares from his companions.

“I already fought at Locha Léin,” the first youngster furiously whispered. “It’s a miracle I’m alive as it is.”

“Same here,” added the second. “Some nutter took my eye at the battle of Bréifne, no way I’m being dragged off on another campaign.”

17th of July, 1033

“Hear ye, hear ye!
War with Ulaidh!
Raise your swords and scythes
We march to the King’s aid!”

“gently caress me…”

“I have half a mind to refuse,” groaned the first man.

“And go where?” retorted his friend.

“He’s right,” the third youngster said. “There’s nowhere else to go. The saracens control every port from here to the holy land, and they’re overrunning England, Holland and Germany as we speak.”

“I never said I would leave, just refuse to march into another madman’s war. And I’m not the only one, there are plenty o’ folks fed up with the way things are going, and if enough of us band together…”

“Maybe, just maybe, the King will finally start listening.”

22nd of July, 1033

“Hear ye, hear ye!
Stop, and look on this exhibit!
Heed the King’s law—
A rebel’s only fate is the gibbet!”

“Poor Fáelchú,” muttered the second man as he listened to the screams of his friend. “But I did warn him.”

“Only a fool would take the mad king on,” agreed the third. “I saw him once, you know, he’s big as a wild boar and twice as ugly. I wouldn’t mess with him.”

“Guess we should dig up our old swords, then. We’re going to war.”

8th of May, 1040

“Hear ye, hear ye!
Victory in the highlands!
Where the King lost a hand
But united our island!”

“Barely,” moaned the second man. “That idiot almost got us all killed.”

“I know, I served under him for a while,” replied the third. “The raging maniac sacked every castle we crossed. Could never get enough killing.”

“But we’re still alive. You lost an eye and me a leg, but we can seek solace in the fact that the King lost something too.”

“I saw it happen, you know,” the man continued. “I was there at Eoghain, and I saw him step up to a huge brute with a mad glint in his eye. Had to be drunk, he was swinging his axe like my da swung a bottle, almost knocked himself right out.”

“So he lost?”

“‘Course he lost, he’s walking around handless ain’t he? Would’ve lost his life too, if his son hadn’t stepped in. And it didn’t end pretty for the young prince, I saw them dragging him off the field later that night. In a sack.”

“He did save his father, though. And I suppose he won, in the end, since he’s High King over all Ireland now.”

29th of January, 1046

“Hear ye, Hear ye!
Mayhem in Waterford, Lubeck, Paris!
As a thousand babes set sail
To end the saracen menace!”

“What does that even mean?”

“You didn’t hear? It’s a scandal in the royal court. Apparently the King’s eldest daughter was bewitched by some… some child that thinks he’s a prophet. Wants to go on a crusade to Jerusalem, and he got the little princess to run away with him.”

“The Queen’s heartbroken and the King’s in shambles, apparently. Drunk all day, picking fights with his vassals, he’s a mess.”

“Yeah, well, I’m weeping for ‘em…”

17th of April, 1049

“Hear ye, hear ye!
Sorrow for the King and court!
As disease running rampant
Claims the royal consort.”

“Hah!” The third man was grinning. “And there goes his legacy!”

“What do you mean? The old lady popped one out every other year, he’s got sons to spare…”

“Wrong. He had sons to spare, but the old man’s cursed, I’m telling you. Take his eldest son — thick as pigshit, got hisself captured by pagans and hasn’t been heard from since.”

“His second son was killed at Eoghain, we were both there, we saw what happened. And his third son had some vendetta with the saracens, would you believe. He was found in his bed with his throat cut to the bone.”

“His fourth son was a clever fellow, but got caught up in a plot against the King. He was captured and executed in secret, apparently.”

“And that leaves his fifth and youngest son, who left the capital just a few days ago. On his way to claim his mother’s lands in Greece, I’m told.”

“How do you know all this?” inquired the second man, suspicious.

“Um, well, I’ve got an uncle who hitched up with a maid in Waterford. Some o’ the stories he feeds me are absolute chaos, like one where he says that the King had a thing for his own sister…”

11th of November, 1055

“Hear ye, hear ye!
Tidings from the Middle East!
As an army of children
March on the infidel beast!”

“How is that even news?”

“The princess is with them, I suppose. The King’s still raging about the little runaway…”

“Why? He’s got another two daughters. I heard he dotes on one o’ them too, money and clothes and everything I could use.”

“He did. Hypatia, named for his wife. She was his favourite daughter, too. Even got her married to another King, some fella in Holland…”

“But then the saracens swept in and conquered the whole kingdom, including her. She’s been rotting in some dungeon ever since. Doubt she’ll ever see daylight again.”

“…he’s got another daughter, though.”

“Died in her sleep, not long ago. Was getting on in the years.”

“What? How’s the King still alive, then? He must be, what…”

“A hundred? Maybe more?”

“…some fuckers get all the luck, I guess.”

2nd of October, 1059

“Hear ye, hear ye!
Assassins in the capital!
Caught, arrested, tortured
And clapped in manacles.”

“drat saracen couldn’t even finish the job.”

“Not surprising. We’re the last scrap of Christianity west of the Rhine, so they won’t stop till we’re gone.”

“Crafty way to go about it, though?” said the second man.

His old friend nodded. “And you know what this means, right? The King will want revenge, and before long we’ll be picking up our swords and axes again.”

His companion shrugged. “Yeah, good luck trying to get someone to kill the saracen king, he’s sealed up tighter than a nun’s crutch.”

28th of September, 1064

“Hear ye, hear ye!
Rebellion in Osraige, Dublin and Ross!
The King promises torment and agony
For all those corrupting the Cross!”

“Hicks making the same mistakes,” sighed the second man.

“Can’t blame ‘em, though. They pray for relief from the saracens, and what does God do? Send epidemics instead.”

“And the King’s not helping. Half the country’s riddled with disease and the other half’s pretty much starving, and he can barely see his langer.”

“And his evenings are wasted on tournaments or falcons, who knows how much he spends on those blasted birds.”

“I even hear he’s crossed the Church recently, confiscating their lands for his little hunting trips.”

“And every day ends the same, with our noble King drinking hisself into a belated grave, while his councillors pull at his strings.”

“I almost want the heathens to attack already, just end this miserable existence.”

6th of August, 1068

“Hear ye, hear ye!
Tragedy in Jerusalem, Antioch, Tripoli!
Where steppe warriors are victorious
And sell crusaders into captivity!”

“What’s a steppe?”

“Dunno. Whatever they are, can’t be great news for the little princess.”

14th of February, 1071

“Hear ye, hear ye!
Joyous news from Cordoba!
The saracen king falls to his death!
And the culprits? Irish men!”

“He… he’s dead?” the second man muttered in disbelief. “The caliph’s dead? Is that good?”

“I think so,” the third man replied. “The saracens are a violent lot. Whenever their king dies, all his sons fight a great war for his throne. Bound to take the pressure off of us.”

“Maybe this is our big break. I’m about ready to retire, you know…”

16th of March, 1071

“Hear ye, hear ye!
By the King’s order, a new tax!
As we prepare for renewed war
And an end to saracen attacks!”

“What?” yelled the second man. “Now he wants to attack them?”

“It’s not that bad,” his friend said, trying to calm him. “I hear he’s taking a lot more from the Church, gold and jewels and whatnot. We’re actually getting off light.”

What?” he was practically raging now. “We’re the last holdout of Christendom, and he shits on that as well? We can’t stand for it! Not anymore!”

“Just-just calm down,” the third man was saying frantically. “Don’t do anything stupid—”

“Goddamn it, Taithlech.”

28th of June, 1074

“Hear ye, hear ye!
War is upon us!
The saracens are united
And demanding retribution!”

“This won’t be good,” The third man muttered to himself as people started shuffling from the square. He joined them a few minutes later, making for his small cottage on the edge of town, where his axe was waiting for him. Before day’s end, he would be marching alongside thousands.

“Words from the King!
Who promises victory on the field!
Ten thousand mercs arrive,
And stand with us, shield to shield!”

“News from the front!
Where battle has been met!
Our King fights on the front!
Alongside veterans and cadets!”

“God fights with us!
Our King stands a giant!
Even as battle turns on us!
Our soldiers stand defiant!”

“Victory in battle!
As the defenders are annihilated
Grace and glory to Allah
As our fair island is liberated…”

Looking around the town centre, the town crier sighs. Clutching his papers to his chest, he climbs down the platform, carefully steps over the rubble and debris, and adjusts his makeshift turban before leaving the empty square.

———

Cain Dál Birn

-Count of Innse Gall
-Catholic
-Intricate Webweaver, Uncouth, Shrewd, Immortal, Sympathy for Pagans, Brawny, Falconer, Grievously Scarred, Wroth, Ambitious, Cruel, Drunkard, One-handed
-we’re an opm

:siren: Vote :siren:

Since everything’s just gone down the barrel, it’s the perfect time to shake things up a bit. So we have 2 things to decide on, our faith and our future:

FAITH

A — stay true to Catholicism, and we’ll go to whatever lengths required to revive the fortunes of Christendom.

B — go with the flow, and we’ll convert to whatever religion happens to be most popular at any given time and place.

C — maybe it’s time for something new (will require much more time).

FUTURE

A — stay where we are, swear fealty to the Caliph, and work to break them apart from the inside.

B — go to Germany, the last Catholic bastion in Europe, as we have a claim to their lands and they’re weaker than ever. We have a map of the region, though it may be a bit outdated.

C — go to Greece, where our son inherited some lands a while back. No maps available, but plenty of rumours and stories have trickled in from that part of the world.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

C
A

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 6, 2019

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

B A

what are religions to us? we're immortal. we already have the answers. stick around and let's play some small (immortal) fish in a big pond ck2 for a while

plus, germany would just be delaying the same fate while the far east doesn't sound like it's going too great either

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
B
C

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
B, C

Perhaps a different tale would have been told, for a different man. But that is not the tale for this man.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Faith - B Cain's never struck me as the most pious of men, so he'll probably try to adapt to the changing tides.

Focus - C Having an ally in whatever region we go could make all the difference to our future plans.

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
B, A

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

C,C

Irelands lost and a snorefest, lets hop over to where the action is and start really mucking about!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
B & C

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
C and C

Jolene
Jan 1, 2019
C & C

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
C, C.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So our magic immortal dude is dead, or is he just deposed and traveling with us the players?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
C&C Immortal Factory!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

B, B

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."
C -- Who better to worship than the immortal ruler?

C -- Greece is nice this time of year, I'm sure our son will be happy to see us.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So our magic immortal dude is dead, or is he just deposed and traveling with us the players?

Not dead, but lost all of his territories in Ireland. He had a couple counties in northern Scotland though, so that's where he's hanging about now.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

C, C

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

B
B

The Germans will love us, we’ve got years of experience on our side!

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
C
B

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
B C A! New Religion is better than Islam!

Luhood fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 7, 2019

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
BA

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

B, C

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm sure our immortal can overcome this, BB

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
B & B

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

A, A

there's absolutely no way this plan could go wrong

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

C, C

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

B, A. Plus look for any dark sorcery that might let us get our hand back.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Convert to Islam
And become the next Caliph :unsmigghh:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

CommissarMega posted:

Convert to Islam

Oh now there's an idea, immortal Irish caliph. Changing my vote to this.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 6, 2019

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

CommissarMega posted:

Convert to Islam

How could this go wrong?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

Convert to Islam

Isn't that B,A? C is founding a new religion I thought.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Let’s find our son.

C, C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

BC