Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Vote's closed and A wins by 2 votes, so praise be to zeus and the olympians etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

as a consolation prize i hope we see hades take a prominent role. he's the god that we are defying through immortality after all

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

oystertoadfish posted:

as a consolation prize i hope we see hades take a prominent role. he's the god that we are defying through immortality after all

inb4 our "Hero" stumbles upon a Crown of Invisibility.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

wait for him to shipwreck on aeaea and spend the rest of the LP as a horse instead

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 26, 2019

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
B, if it even matters.

Also, "Berber clown" is an insult that really should have shown up in the previous LP, but it's my new favorite saying regardless.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So if we went Satanism could we field demon troops and stuff? I know it gives you crazy poo poo, but just how crazy are we talking here?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So if we went Satanism could we field demon troops and stuff? I know it gives you crazy poo poo, but just how crazy are we talking here?

The main benefit is that you get to call upon the dark lord to heal any injury or illness (or try to, at any rate), and there are occasional events where demon lords will grant you their blessing (i.e. a permanent stat bonus) after a random event summoning.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Anticheese posted:

The main benefit is that you get to call upon the dark lord to heal any injury or illness (or try to, at any rate), and there are occasional events where demon lords will grant you their blessing (i.e. a permanent stat bonus) after a random event summoning.

The big downsides are events which give you negative traits and being found out leads to massive negative opinion modifiers and I think gives your liege free reign to imprison you.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Hashim posted:

Vote's closed and A wins by 2 votes, so praise be to zeus and the olympians etc etc

:helladid:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Of possible interest, CK2 and ALL expansions are in a humble bundle for $15 right now...

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Flavius Aetass posted:

Of possible interest, CK2 and ALL expansions are in a humble bundle for $15 right now...

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...erkings2_bundle

Here's a link. This deal is crazy good and you probably won't see something like it again for a long time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ralepozozaxe posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...erkings2_bundle

Here's a link. This deal is crazy good and you probably won't see something like it again for a long time.

I wish I knew this was coming before I bought it during the Summer Sale. gently caress.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Smh order route won. Y'all should be ashamed

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

[1:1] And thunder cracked in the skies and seas, as mighty Jupiter woke from his deep slumber.
[1:2] Looking down from on high, he saw that his names and commandments were almost forgotten by the people of the earth, his subjects cursed and his kindred hunted unto extinction. The earth shook with his anger, and Jupiter bid his servants to make ready for war.
[1:3] For the God of Abraham was dying, and the Gods of Olympus were waking.

An imprecise translation of the Book of the Bitterbrook Saint:

[1:4] It was then that a Prophet passed by a brook in the lands of the west, turned bitter by the wastes of humankind.
[1:5] The Prophet was shrewd in character and fearless in nature, but the God of Abraham was cruel and callous, delighting in dealing him misfortune after misfortune.

[1:6] His tale of woe began with the fall of the Romans, as the barbarous Great Khan conquered Byzantion and donned the Imperial Crown.

[1:7] The Prophet was also King of the Greeks, and so the Great Khan demanded that he travel to his capital to pay him homage and serve on his council.
[1:8] Believing the Great Khan to be magnanimous and trustworthy, the Prophet agreed.

[1:9] Preparations were made, and he then undertook a great journey across grass and sand and snow, and many months passed before he reached the capital of the Great Khan, in a place called Karakhorum.
[1:10] An immense palace was erected there, with walls plated in jade and floors laid with gold and ceilings opening into the sky.

[1:11] The palace was wondrous to behold, and the Prophet was ushered into the great hall, where were assembled many khans, priests, scribes and servants waiting on the Great Khan.
[1:12] The Prophet proceeded down the hall and bowed before the Great Khan, who was wreathed in shadows.
[1:13] But he would receive no honours. The Great Khan instead appointed his own horse to the esteemed position, declaring that there was none more deserving.

[1:14] Humiliated before many lords, the Prophet fled the hall and palace.
[1:15] But his flight was interrupted by a hooded stranger carrying a gnarled staff, who said to him: Prophet! I come with a gift of knowledge — the man you met with is no man at all, but an Immortal who speaks with demons and consorts with monsters. By order of of the allfather, your fate is to put him to death.
[1:16] The stranger turned to leave then, but the prophet said to him: Who are you?
[1:17] And the stranger replied: Only the Messenger.

[1:18] The road back to his lands was long and arduous and fraught with dangers, but only more misery awaited at home.

[1:19] For the Prophet had been gone for over a year, but he returned to Korinthos to find his wife heavy with the child of another man.

[1:20] She was made to atone for her betrayal, but contrary to prevailing thought, bloody eyeballs couldn’t heal the breach between husband and wife.

[1:21] And this suffering wasn’t enough to sate the appetite of the God of Abraham, for only a few days later and only a few days before her wedding, the Prophet’s daughter fell grievously ill and succumbed to death.

[1:22] This tragedy sent the Prophet into a dark pit of wroth and gluttony, exacting a heavy toll on his heart.

[1:23] He was in sore need of distraction, and that distraction arrived in the form of the Wanderer, at the head of a large caravan carrying cloth and spice and drink and trinkets.

[1:24] Eager for companionship and wine, the Prophet listened as the Wanderer regaled him with his many travels across Asia, though he appeared to be far younger than the Prophet himself.

[1:25] Much food and drink was shared, and their carousing was followed by debauchery and lechery, as the Prophet was tempted into an orgy of drunkenness and lust.

[1:26] After that, the Prophet slept for a day and a night, and when he woke the Wanderer was long departed.
[1:27] He could remember very little from the night before, but the Prophet recalled asking the Wanderer for his name, to which he was told: joy and ecstasy, bliss and indulgence, hysteria and madness.
[1:28] Remembering as well the words of the Messenger, the Prophet realised that a great game was afoot, with himself at the centrepiece.

[1:29] Beset by visions and wraiths, the Prophet began a study into the words of the Messenger and the Wanderer, delving deep into arcane texts and scrolls.
[1:30] These texts were forbidden by Abrahamic authorities, for ungodly truths were obscured within them, speaking of an old race that once ruled the earth, undying and eternal, conquerors of death.
[1:31] And these old ones yet walked amongst mortalkind, visible to all but seen by none.

[1:32] At the same time, the Prophet couldn’t forget the night he had spent with the Wanderer, and hungered after the same passions.
[1:33] He thus invited all manner of foreigner to his court, awarding them with title and lands, and each was more handsome and alluring than the last…

[1:34] And while the Prophet insisted that they were only there to assist him in administrating the onerous provinces of Greece, an inordinate amount of their time was spent in his bedchambers.

[1:35] The Prophet’s obsession with his illicit studies continued and, along with a coven of scholars and servants, he even attempted the summoning of one of the old ones.

[1:36] The summoning required a great sacrifice — the killing of an innocent child — and when the deed was done, the very earth cracked open and a great column of raging fire burst forth, engulfing the child and blinding everyone present.
[1:37] And then the brilliant light faded, and the Prophet found himself surrounded by carcasses.

[1:38] It was then that the Plutonian stepped forward, cloaked in smoke and daunting to behold, yet appearing as a man by every account.
[1:39] The Plutonian said to the Prophet: Gratitude, brother, would you tell me how the world has changed?
[1:40] The Prophet’s only reply was bewilderment, to which the Plutonian then said: Have I been held captive for a thousand years only to be freed by a mute!?
[1:41] The confounded Prophet finally said: Who are you?
[1:42] The Plutonian replied: Why, only a man who’s lived far too long, same as you. In the west they called me Pluto and in the east they called me Amenthes, but here in my homeland, I answer to Hades.
[1:43] And finally, that was when the Prophet began to unravel the mysteries of the world.

[1:44] Having revealed himself as one of the old gods, the Plutonian and the Prophet spent many days and nights in deep conversation.

[1:45] And though their words were never heard nor recorded, they ended with the Prophet agreeing to serve the Plutonian in exacting vengeance on his greatest enemy, his jailor and captor — Jesus of Nazareth, the God of Abraham.

[1:46] The Plutonian departed soon afterwards, but he also left a gift for the Prophet.
[1:47] Of precious stones and valuable minerals, used to establish a secret society devoted to the revival of the old teachings native to Greece — Hellenism.

[1:48] The newfound wealth also attracted philosophers and intellectuals from the world over, who then sowed the seeds of Hellenism in towns and villages around Korinthos, and slowly nurtured it into fruition.

[1:49] And that wasn’t the only thing nurtured into fruition.

[1:50] The Prophet knew that he would need allies in faith, and so he hosted a grand gathering of lords, and invited many powerful nobles from north, south, east and west.
[1:51] The most powerful of these nobles was the King of Anatolia, who was to be the Basileus of Byzantion before the Great Khan snatched his crown from the brow of his father.

[1:52] The Prophet and the King spent many hours in conversation, speaking of shared sorrows over cups of wine, cursing the Great Khan under their breath, and swapping stories and theological questions deep into the night.
[1:53] And when morning light dawned, the Prophet whispered of a grand scheme to end the tyranny of the Great Khan, a scheme that would realise the death of the Great Khan and restoration of Greek rule in Byzantion.

[1:54] After a long silence, the King agreed.

[1:55] The Prophet had won his first ally, and thereafter many minor lords in Greece and Anatolia opened their hearts to the old tales of Jupiter Maximus, Neptunus Equester, Pluto Tellumo and their kindred.

[1:56] The Hellenes slowly expanded in number and influence, but there were some among them who were weak in spirit, and betrayed the cause to the Great Khan.
[1:57] Many raids were then ordered on the homes and lands of the Hellenic faithful, with those captured disappearing from the very face of the earth.

[1:58] Knowing that the Great Khan would deliver him to the same fate, the Prophet pled for intervention from the old gods.

[1:59] And they answered, for that is when a strange woman arrived in Korinthos.

[1:60] She was followed by a man who was her exact likeness, and when the Prophet demanded that they identify themselves, they replied: We are the Twins of Olympus, and with us we bring the deliverance you beseeched.
[1:61] And indeed, they had brought a devastating disease that was released to ravage the territories of the Great Khan.

[1:62] Many thousands perished and many thousands begged for refuge, but the Prophet closed his gates to all except his brethren in faith, as advised by the Twins.

[1:63] The Twins also assisted the Prophet in spreading the word of the old ones amongst the common folk.
[1:64] Ignorant though they were, multitudes soon flocked to the temples and houses of the Olympians.

[1:65] As disease cleansed the land from the unbelievers, the Prophet and the Twins spent many days in discussion.
[1:66] Amongst the words exchanged was the revelation that the Twins had once been mortals, but were raised to godhood for slaying a fearsome race of one-eyed giants in their youth.
[1:67] They also imparted many secrets of the cosmos to the Prophet, informing him that knowledge of past lives and future events can be gained by feasting on the flesh of mortalkind.
[1:68] In following their commands, the Prophet devoured the flesh of his enemies and rivals, in doing so almost driving himself to madness.

[1:69] Finally, after many months behind the walls of Korinthos, the Twins took their leave and ventured back into the world.
[1:70] A short time afterwards, the Prophet departed on a military expedition to Egypt.
[1:71] A powerful lord there was sworn to the Prophet, and yet rose in rebellion, and so they met in a great battle on the banks of the Nile.

[1:72] And at the crux of the fighting, the river was flooded by order of Neptune, allowing the Prophet to emerge victorious.

[1:73] Even so, the Prophet decided to stay and subjugate the peoples of Egypt, and many years were spent campaigning on the Nile.

[1:74] It was during these campaigns that the Prophet came across a guild of smiths in the city of Alexandria, led by a renowned metalworker called the Artificer.

[1:75] The Prophet went to him in search of a new weapon, and found the Artificer to be a powerful man with deadened movements, as his legs were bound in iron casts.
[1:76] But the Artificer refused to forge for the Prophet, insisting that he had not been a weaponsmith for many years.
[1:77] Finally the Artificer yielded when the Prophet revealed that he sought a way to revive the old teachings, the ways of the old gods.

[1:78] And it was then that the Artificer fashioned a most dangerous tool — a vessel that emitted a violent firestorm — and gifted it to the Prophet while saying: Here is a weapon never before wielded by mortalkind, take care to safeguard it.

[1:79] Using this tool only sparingly, the Prophet finally completed his conquest after fifteen years of battle, and thereafter was known as the King of Greece and Egypt.

[1:80] The return journey to Korinthos proved to be treacherous, as the Prophet’s convoy was lured into a trap and assailed with many arrows.

[1:81] And only a fortnight later, upon returning to his house and hosting an extravagant celebration, the Prophet was served a wine laced with foul poisons.

[1:82] He knew the culprit behind these attempts on his life — the Great Khan — and wasted no time in making his suspicions public.
[1:83] Rumours soon began to spread, winning the Prophet some powerful allies in Bulgaria, Syria and Iraq, already discontented with the rule of the Great Khan.

[1:84] By this time, the Hellenes were spread across a great distance, and many communities were established in honour of the old gods.
[1:85] But the Great Khan was growing bolder and imprisoning more of the Hellenic faithful, binding them to great palisades and setting them afire, all while muttering strange incantations.

[1:86] So the Prophet and his closest companions met at Delphi, where the oracle of old once spoke prophecies.
[1:87] There they stood witness as a mighty bull was sacrificed.

[1:88] And in the entrails, the gods made their will clear — the time for secrecy had passed, and the time for violence was now.

[1:89] The lords of Greece, Anatolia, Syria and Egypt then rose in a great revolt against the Great Khan, demanding that he acknowledge them as independent powers.
[1:90] But the Great Khan refused.

[1:91] And led by their Prophet, the Hellenes declared their faith in public for the first time, drawing the immediate ire of the followers of Abraham.

[1:92] Faith in the God of Abraham was dwindling, however, and the many khans and kings of the east were instead drawn to Karakhorum.
[1:93] There it was that the Great Khan made an appearance in public astride his everlasting steed, showing his misshapen face and stumped arms for the first time in many years.

[1:94] He spoke only a few words, saying to those gathered at his palace: The priests of the east seek to spread their faith by the sword, and the pagans of the west seek to revive a dead religion—
[1:95] But you, my faithful followers in the darkness, and I, the Chosen Prophet of the Dark Lord, we know the truth. We know that Jupiter and Tengri are nothing but deceivers and falsifiers, tellers of lies and corruptors of truths, we know that they are LIARS!
[1:96] And now, the time has come to challenge them.
[1:97] The time has come to begin our revolution.
[1:98] The time has come to overthrow God.

[1:99] And thus began the Great War.

The events of the Great War and its aftermath is covered in the second volume of the Hellenic Legendarium, the Book of the Nimrod Spectre.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Yeah, that's pretty much about what I expected.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 7, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Hahahaha, Glitterhoof is immortal.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
For once calling the followers of Satan an unholy horde is 100% a fact.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
The only thing that can stop this horde, powered by fell magic and backed by demons, is a grand alliance, formed of followers who worship the powers of light and preservation.

By this, of course, I mean the aztecs.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Is Glitterhoof always immortal? I mean, I imagine that chain will fire for plenty of characters over the course of a playthrough so is this the same horse winning hearts and minds* across Europe.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

tomanton posted:

Is Glitterhoof always immortal? I mean, I imagine that chain will fire for plenty of characters over the course of a playthrough so is this the same horse winning hearts and minds* across Europe.

No, Glitterhoof is always just a normal horse. However, if their owner is immortal, then they have a chance to get an event where they feed Glitterhoof some of their blood to make the horse immortal.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Jossar posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much about what I expected.

Oh yeah, don't know how much longer the lp's gonna last so I'm gonna get real weird with it.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Hashim posted:

Oh yeah, don't know how much longer the lp's gonna last so I'm gonna get real weird with it.

So does this mean it won't go into Victoria 2 with you inventing really esoteric forms of politics?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I know Hashim has said this is just a CK2 thing, but man I'd kinda love to see this go forward into EU.

Also, it's pretty perfect that Genghis Khan is a satanist, because of course he'd love being able to heal his injuries so he could keep fighting.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

jeez, is genghis an ugly, clubfooted, harelipped lunatic humchback with one eye

poor dude, no wonder he turned to satan

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
And him being reborn to full health and strength would make anyone a true believer and practically fanatic no matter who did it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hail gay Satan Hades.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm glad our dude finally learned to serve humans. I don't know quite what it is about playing games where you can be a cannibal, but I basically always end up unaccountably peckish.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The correct way to serve man is any way at all

Except well done. Well done is the worst you fucks :colbert:

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
So Genghis Khan is a cannibal.

Does he have his friends over for dinner or does he head out to pick up some Italian or Chinese food?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

When I was once having a civil war against my liege in my first Satanist game (this war ended up destroying the royal title when I won), I captured him, and found myself with the option of either using his capture to immediately end the war, or literally eat a baby.

I don't think I need to say which I picked.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

jeez, is genghis an ugly, clubfooted, harelipped lunatic humchback with one eye

poor dude, no wonder he turned to satan

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I feel like this is the point where it would be worth it to either console-command or save-edit Genghis into being a dragon.

Or heck, to just start spawning in animal cultures everywhere. Especially dogs; as man's best friend, this insane world has necessitated they step up and save man from himself.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Sandman posted:

I feel like this is the point where it would be worth it to either console-command or save-edit Genghis into being a dragon.

Or heck, to just start spawning in animal cultures everywhere. Especially dogs; as man's best friend, this insane world has necessitated they step up and save man from himself.

Gonna have to wait for a Chinese invasion to see dragons,

Bloodly posted:

And him being reborn to full health and strength would make anyone a true believer and practically fanatic no matter who did it.

Yeah pretty much what happened, looks like he grew back a leg and recovered from a disfigured face in exchange for ugliness and a hunchback. Not a terrible deal.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Immortal + 3rd level satanism makes you really hard to kill since you can keep recovering from absolutely brutal injuries.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This is amazing.

Malah
May 18, 2015

What the gently caress is happening right now?

Moon Slayer posted:

Hail gay Satan Hades.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Immortal + 3rd level satanism makes you really hard to kill since you can keep recovering from absolutely brutal injuries.

It's been a while since I've played CK2, it seems

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Moon Slayer posted:

Hail gay Satan Hades.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Malah posted:

What the gently caress is happening right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Pacho posted:

It's been a while since I've played CK2, it seems

You can play with the magicky stuff turned off, but I've always enjoyed the sheer madness that comes with it.