Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That was completely ridiculous, shame it didn't go to 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Tsaedje posted:

That was completely ridiculous, shame it didn't go to 5
Several posters in this very thread wouldn’t have survived that so I’m glad it didn’t.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

lol Halep

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I can’t take this.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
So far, so good.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Looking forward to the cruel tennis gods to take this away from us.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Serena irritates me on so many levels.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Buddy Holly posted:

Serena irritates me on so many levels.

Her losing here at least buys us a few more months before the god tier hype train around her returns.

If she loses...

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Lol that miss

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Serena isn't with it at all today and Halep is.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

the real winner today is the scumbag Margaret Court

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Kinda similar to last year's final, Serena is poor and her opponent is playing a very clean and professional match.

Cornflakes posted:

the real winner today is the scumbag Margaret Court

I do hope Serena wins another 1-2 majors just so she knocks Court off the top for good.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Glare Seethe posted:

Kinda similar to last year's final, Serena is poor and her opponent is playing a very clean and professional match.

I do hope Serena wins another 1-2 majors just so she knocks Court off the top for good.

Ugh can’t someone emerge and pass Serena AND Court?

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
What a Beautiful day!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That was a demolition

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Straight unforced errors in the championship game god drat

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Tennis is no longer cancelled, thank you for your patience.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
When Sampras was in the Wimbledon box watching Federer break his 14 slam record, he was the same age as Roger is today.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I missed the match, but caught this on twitter and it's very cute

https://twitter.com/AndySwan/status/1150118704627245056

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm a very casual fan (in fact Wimbledon singles is the only event I routinely watch) but I kind of latched on to Halep early in this tournament and I'm glad she won.

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rick posted:

I'm a very casual fan (in fact Wimbledon singles is the only event I routinely watch) but I kind of latched on to Halep early in this tournament and I'm glad she won.
So who would win more tennis matches if it were MJ vs LeBron in their primes?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I bet a moderate amount of money on Serena to win the match and I’m so happy I lost

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

wretchx posted:

So who would win more tennis matches if it were MJ vs LeBron in their primes?

That’s tough. I think I would probably think MJ with his superior footwork would probably mean he’d develop a very precise sort of game. LeBron might be quicker and definitely is stronger though so would probably have a monster serve.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/NickKyrgios/status/1150210777162190848

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Because there won't be much chance to say it: Federer leads!

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Holy moly, Djokovic is hitting amazing shots.

I want Federer to win, of course, but wow.

Edit: On the other hand, Federer's serve is really, really on.

Yoshi Wins fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 14, 2019

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

The quality of the play here is so high. If Djokovic wanted to poo poo the bed here unexpectedly I wouldn't mind, but as is this is amazing to watch.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Djokovic is unreal

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
bad time for unforced errors

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I literally can't watch this or I might hurt someone. My hatred for this Serbian piece of poo poo knows no bounds.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

There we go!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

ok then

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Suddenly it's a breeze for the Ali of the grass

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Have this on mute - wonder if the gluten-free Serb is hurt from that spill?

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

the greatest ever

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Basically the opposite of the Nadal semi in that set

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

marsisol posted:

Have this on mute - wonder if the gluten-free Serb is hurt from that spill?

*footage of the Lost Boys in Hook chanting as a tall Serbian on a sail skateboard rides around Robin Williams head*

E P O! E P O! EEEE PEEEE OHHHHHHHH HEYYYYYY OHHHHHHH

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Swedish commentator and Thomas Enqvist on Eurosport just said something interesting. Like 80% of the crowd watching want Federer to win and that has made Djoko furious in the past. So far in this match he has kept his cool, he’s not a whiny bitch just yet.

Hopefully he soon goes back to his usual self and get 100% of the crowd against him.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

fancyclown posted:

Swedish commentator and Thomas Enqvist on Eurosport just said something interesting. Like 80% of the crowd watching want Federer to win and that has made Djoko furious in the past. So far in this match he has kept his cool, he’s not a whiny bitch just yet.

Hopefully he soon goes back to his usual self and get 100% of the crowd against him.

Just 80%? I’m disappointed in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

fancyclown posted:

Thing is the crowd being against him just fires him up eventually. The only match I remember that being a factor was the Wimbledon 2013 final, and that was against Murray. I think his insecurity about being liked is almost exclusively with regards to Federer and Nadal, so those are the matches where he digs in and fully adopts being the villain. He didn't have that with Murray at Wimbledon (i.e. he didn't take it personally the way he does with Fedal) so instead he just basically gave up.