Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
My heart siiiiiiiinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
HOW HOW DO YOU DO THAT

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Both players challenging reminds me of the ginobili harden double flop

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

chris fowler: welcome to the 47th tiebreaker
[sun rises]
[sun keeps getting bigger]
fowler: yes
[world engulfed by flames]
fowler: oh god yes

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
eternal sunshine of the spotless deuce

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
One way to avoid the tiebreaker is to just play at 11-11 forever

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Pleeesssse

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
A loving tie break...

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
loving hell this is too much

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Tiebreaker yesssss

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Lmao djokovic

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Schlub Husband posted:

A loving tie break...

Prepare the OpEds of how THIS. IS. NOT. GRAND. SLAM. FINALS. TENNIS.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wow, that looked easy.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Dkokovic that was clearly in you tooo

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Djokovic is ALL CAPS MAD

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
play it out you cowards

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The record books for this event will show Federer didn't drop a game and lost the match.

Break and break back in the fifth cancel each other out.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Whelp

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

:whitewater:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

lmao he missed the ground with his foot

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
This is not Wimbledon.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

and the worse player wins, in accordance with the purpose of the sporting competition

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

:smith:

Djokovic is like a cockroach and Federer didn't step on him at match point.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Sucks

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
Boo

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

gently caress tennis forever

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Evil has won. Darkness sets in. gently caress everything

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Jesus

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

gently caress

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Owned

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
gently caress this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Continuous erythropoietin receptor activator (CERA) is the generic term for drugs in a new class of third-generation erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs). In the media, these agents are commonly referred to as 'EPO', short for erythropoietin. CERAs have an extended half-life and a mechanism of action that promotes increased stimulation of erythropoietin receptors compared with other ESAs.

Under the trade name Mircera, Roche Pharmaceuticals received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in January 2008 to market a continuous erythropoiesis receptor activator (methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta) for the treatment of anemia in patients with chronic kidney disease, including in those undergoing dialysis.[1] (Patent disputes between Amgen, which owns several patents relating to recombinant EPO variants, and Roche are blocking distribution of Mircera in the U.S.[citation needed] This issue appears to have been resolved since Fresenius Medical dialysis clinics in the US are now administering this drug.[citation needed]) Methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta had been approved by the European Commission in August 2007, and was made available in Europe at the start of 2008.[citation needed]

In terms of its structure, Mircera is similar to the previous synthetic EPO drugs, except that it is connected to a chemical called polyethylene glycol (PEG), which makes it last longer in the body. According to Roche, the product has the longest half-life of all FDA-approved erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs): up to 6 times longer than darbepoetin alfa and up to 20 times longer than epoetin. CERAs thus promise both lower dosing—significant owing to the high inherent cost of manufacturing recombinant protein drugs—and less frequent injections for patients. ESAs are administered via subcutaneous injections, often in doctor's offices for patients who lack the skill or dexterity to inject themselves, so the once- or twice-monthly dosing regimen for CERAs promises fewer costly, inconvenient office visits for patients requiring constant hemoglobin level maintenance for chronic kidney disease.

In clinical trials, CERA dosed every 3 to 4 weeks demonstrated efficacy similar to that of epoetin alfa and darbepoetin alfa in maintaining hemoglobin concentrations within the target hemoglobin range. CERA has generally been well tolerated in clinical trials.[citation needed]

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

worst possible outcome

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
So yeah that tie breaker rule is loving bollocks.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The passing of the GOAT looms ever nearer

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Continuous erythropoietin receptor activator (CERA) is the generic term for drugs in a new class of third-generation erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs). In the media, these agents are commonly referred to as 'EPO', short for erythropoietin. CERAs have an extended half-life and a mechanism of action that promotes increased stimulation of erythropoietin receptors compared with other ESAs.

Under the trade name Mircera, Roche Pharmaceuticals received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in January 2008 to market a continuous erythropoiesis receptor activator (methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta) for the treatment of anemia in patients with chronic kidney disease, including in those undergoing dialysis.[1] (Patent disputes between Amgen, which owns several patents relating to recombinant EPO variants, and Roche are blocking distribution of Mircera in the U.S.[citation needed] This issue appears to have been resolved since Fresenius Medical dialysis clinics in the US are now administering this drug.[citation needed]) Methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta had been approved by the European Commission in August 2007, and was made available in Europe at the start of 2008.[citation needed]

In terms of its structure, Mircera is similar to the previous synthetic EPO drugs, except that it is connected to a chemical called polyethylene glycol (PEG), which makes it last longer in the body. According to Roche, the product has the longest half-life of all FDA-approved erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs): up to 6 times longer than darbepoetin alfa and up to 20 times longer than epoetin. CERAs thus promise both lower dosing—significant owing to the high inherent cost of manufacturing recombinant protein drugs—and less frequent injections for patients. ESAs are administered via subcutaneous injections, often in doctor's offices for patients who lack the skill or dexterity to inject themselves, so the once- or twice-monthly dosing regimen for CERAs promises fewer costly, inconvenient office visits for patients requiring constant hemoglobin level maintenance for chronic kidney disease.

In clinical trials, CERA dosed every 3 to 4 weeks demonstrated efficacy similar to that of epoetin alfa and darbepoetin alfa in maintaining hemoglobin concentrations within the target hemoglobin range. CERA has generally been well tolerated in clinical trials.[citation needed]

Agreed. What a terrible day for sports.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Djokovic coming back from 2 championship points down on Federer’s serve is unbelievable.

Like I had given the title to Federer at that point.

I wonder what the live betting odds were.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Roger how do you blow 2 championships on serve gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

This must be the end of Federers career. He'lll never recover from this humiliation, and neither will I

gonna cry now