Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Federer has to like what he sees whenever he makes Djokovic run.

Edit: or not anymore?

pyrotek fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Federer's service games feel basically free right now

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Somebody switched out Djokovic's energy drink with bone hurting juice

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

this is either going to be one of fed’s best wimbledon wins or his most painful loss

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
FFS

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
gently caress

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

hurts so much

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Djokovic is such a villain, I could almost respect it if it didn't work so well on me. God I hate this scumbag

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Gluten

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Cancelling tennis brb

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Keep tennis, cancel Djokovic?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Well at least nadal is stuck at 18

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

GET IN

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
Why is Djokovic so despised here? Don't get me wrong I want Federer to win but I don't follow tennis very closely and don't know where the hatred comes from. He kinda looks weird sometimes I guess.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Schlub Husband posted:

Why is Djokovic so despised here? Don't get me wrong I want Federer to win but I don't follow tennis very closely and don't know where the hatred comes from. He kinda looks weird sometimes I guess.

He is a drug cheat (though so is Federer tbf)

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Federer should have won this by now, loving tiebreaks

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Glare Seethe posted:

Keep tennis, cancel Djokovic?

Can’t risk him putting a fake moustache on and winning more matches.

Tennis has to go.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Jebus that point

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He is a drug cheat (though so is Federer tbf)

Difference is Djokovic is an unlikeable drug cheat and definitely uses gluten free EPO which boils my blood.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Don't gently caress this up Fed

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Schlub Husband posted:

Moaner who plays boring (relatively) tennis with an annoying entourage. Also, when you’ve decided who you like, their enemies are automatically despised.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Let’s loving do this!

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

loving hell im dying

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

poty posted:

Don't gently caress this up Fed

Yes.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

C'mon Roger, one more loving set!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Don't end the Fed!!!

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Schlub Husband posted:

There are a number of legitimate reasons to dislike Djokovic (Serbian nationalist who's made some ugly comments about Kosovo; is supportive of violent thug Gimelstob; plays fairly unexciting tennis; is insecure and desperate to be loved, which is a turnoff; is/was probably a doper - but they likely all are), but the biggest one is probably that he keeps beating the players people liked before he showed up.

I have never despised him, but he's always been my least favorite of the big 4, and his recent comments about the Gimelstob case were frankly disgusting and pushed my opinion of him into the gutter, for good.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

fifth set, time to try to watch

i assume actual tennis fans love the 5-set matches but they're tough for dirty casuals

and i didnt know that about djokovic, too bad but unsurprising i guess

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I like Federer more I guess for legend building purposes, but you can't deny Djokovic's cool spaghetti limbs. He's like the inflatable tube man of tennis.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I do like how Djokovic faded and came back. Federer seems to have been winning the tactical points (his stats are better in this match) but Djokovic has been winning the strategic ones

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Glare Seethe posted:

There are a number of legitimate reasons to dislike Djokovic (Serbian nationalist who's made some ugly comments about Kosovo; is supportive of violent thug Gimelstob; plays fairly unexciting tennis; is insecure and desperate to be loved, which is a turnoff; is/was probably a doper - but they likely all are), but the biggest one is probably that he keeps beating the players people liked before he showed up.

I have never despised him, but he's always been my least favorite of the big 4, and his recent comments about the Gimelstob case were frankly disgusting and pushed my opinion of him into the gutter, for good.

Jesus Christ I hadn't even read about the Gimelstob thing yet. What a piece of poo poo.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
Poo

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I never liked tennis anyway.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
[Djokovic] has become one of Gimelstob’s leading allies in tennis, and while Gimelstob was facing a criminal charge, they worked closely together to defeat Chris Kermode in March in his unsuccessful attempt to extend his contract as the ATP’s executive chairman and president. The ATP Player Council was deeply divided on that issue, which was ultimately decided by a vote of the board.

“I wanted to look Novak in the eye, and the two most important things I wanted to say were first thank you and second to apologize,” Gimelstob said.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
gently caress yes!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
For being Serbian Novak has more in common with Slobodan Praljak in that we always celebrate when they choke.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
Phew.

I enjoyed the crowd's reaction to Novak's double fault before

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I like tennis again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos