Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Tacier posted:

Rough first round draw for Djokovic with Kohlschreiber, a guy who beat him earlier this year.

Good, gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Roger stop being a doofus.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Just so we are all aware today: gently caress Novak Djokovic.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Xabi posted:

I'm a yuge Kyrgios fan today.

We all are, the thread is finally united against EPO.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Paused posted:

Am I right in saying Kyrgios isn't a big fan of his either?

I think he hates everyone (including himself) and everything (especially tennis.)

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

As someone who also hates tennis, I love Big Nick Kyrg

Tennis can go to hell, I’m on the Kyrgberg.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Could have bought more expensive PEDs instead. The ones that don’t turn your ligaments into a piece of fiction and make you go bald.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Marx Headroom posted:

Aaaand Kyrgios goes down, is banished to the shadow realm by Nadal's finger waggle

Can we talk about how the Sandgren family named their child "Tennys"

As a bet?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Wake me when Serena and Djokovic are eliminated.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Birds of prey are notoriously fickle.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I hate tennis dependent on the result of this match.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Good. loving good.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Halep is our only hope.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Buddy Holly posted:

Well, looks like Serena is going to win this whole thing, along with Djokovic! :saddowns:

They won't win because tennis is loving cancelled.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am writing an angry letter to WADA and USADA as we speak.

Their eyes have been closed for so long they can't open them to read it.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

It sure is, op

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

It’s getting better, better for us all.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

fancyclown posted:

Woooooooo

Roger Federer will win Wimbledon 2019!
Simona Halep will win Wimbledon 2019!

Please.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I can’t take this.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Looking forward to the cruel tennis gods to take this away from us.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Buddy Holly posted:

Serena irritates me on so many levels.

Her losing here at least buys us a few more months before the god tier hype train around her returns.

If she loses...

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Lol that miss

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Glare Seethe posted:

Kinda similar to last year's final, Serena is poor and her opponent is playing a very clean and professional match.

I do hope Serena wins another 1-2 majors just so she knocks Court off the top for good.

Ugh can’t someone emerge and pass Serena AND Court?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Tennis is no longer cancelled, thank you for your patience.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Cancelling tennis brb

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Glare Seethe posted:

Keep tennis, cancel Djokovic?

Can’t risk him putting a fake moustache on and winning more matches.

Tennis has to go.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He is a drug cheat (though so is Federer tbf)

Difference is Djokovic is an unlikeable drug cheat and definitely uses gluten free EPO which boils my blood.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

poty posted:

Don't gently caress this up Fed

Yes.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I never liked tennis anyway.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I like tennis again.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Lid posted:

G O A C E

He’s gonna play the racquet like a guitar when he wins.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Diddie posted:

Stop posting Goran you're drunk

Nailed it.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

fancyclown posted:

Tennis might be cancelled after all

My finger is hovering over the button!!

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Continuous erythropoietin receptor activator (CERA) is the generic term for drugs in a new class of third-generation erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs). In the media, these agents are commonly referred to as 'EPO', short for erythropoietin. CERAs have an extended half-life and a mechanism of action that promotes increased stimulation of erythropoietin receptors compared with other ESAs.

Under the trade name Mircera, Roche Pharmaceuticals received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in January 2008 to market a continuous erythropoiesis receptor activator (methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta) for the treatment of anemia in patients with chronic kidney disease, including in those undergoing dialysis.[1] (Patent disputes between Amgen, which owns several patents relating to recombinant EPO variants, and Roche are blocking distribution of Mircera in the U.S.[citation needed] This issue appears to have been resolved since Fresenius Medical dialysis clinics in the US are now administering this drug.[citation needed]) Methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta had been approved by the European Commission in August 2007, and was made available in Europe at the start of 2008.[citation needed]

In terms of its structure, Mircera is similar to the previous synthetic EPO drugs, except that it is connected to a chemical called polyethylene glycol (PEG), which makes it last longer in the body. According to Roche, the product has the longest half-life of all FDA-approved erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs): up to 6 times longer than darbepoetin alfa and up to 20 times longer than epoetin. CERAs thus promise both lower dosing—significant owing to the high inherent cost of manufacturing recombinant protein drugs—and less frequent injections for patients. ESAs are administered via subcutaneous injections, often in doctor's offices for patients who lack the skill or dexterity to inject themselves, so the once- or twice-monthly dosing regimen for CERAs promises fewer costly, inconvenient office visits for patients requiring constant hemoglobin level maintenance for chronic kidney disease.

In clinical trials, CERA dosed every 3 to 4 weeks demonstrated efficacy similar to that of epoetin alfa and darbepoetin alfa in maintaining hemoglobin concentrations within the target hemoglobin range. CERA has generally been well tolerated in clinical trials.[citation needed]

Agreed. What a terrible day for sports.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

At least this wasn’t like the Cricket World Cup final today which was tied after regulation and tied after extra innings and was arbitrarily decided by who hit the most home runs.

Wish it was because Fed would have won.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

spamman posted:

I'm happy for Nole. A big win in a tournament where he wasn't at his best and gutted through some hard matches. Hopefully he can find a way back to 2011/2015 form one last time to get the Grand slam record.

Halep played lights out as well, never gave Serena a chance to settle. Fun tournament this year.

WHAT THE CRAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

If only tennis were drug tested like the UFC, then...gently caress there's 3 players left and that's only because they got sold fake 'roids.