Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Kyrgios is very much not a fan of either Nadal or Djokovic and has recently made that very clear, which has contributed a degree of hype to today's match, which probably means it'll be a dud and Nadal will roll over him in three. But hopefully not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I kinda hope Nick throws in an underarm serve already in his opening service game. I feel like it's going to happen.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Wozniacki just got emphatically bounced so today's off to a good start. Spent half the match moaning about hawkeye cause it wasn't giving her the right calls.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Not really a fan of today's results, and I feel like my interest in this tournament is rapidly dwindling. The quarterfinals look pretty uninspired on both sides.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

fancyclown posted:

Woooooooo

Roger Federer will win Wimbledon 2019!
Simona Halep will win Wimbledon 2019!

I'm not sure this post will age well, friend. :smith:

That was loving tense at the end there. Both of these guys are so much more watchable than Djokovic.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Kinda similar to last year's final, Serena is poor and her opponent is playing a very clean and professional match.

Cornflakes posted:

the real winner today is the scumbag Margaret Court

I do hope Serena wins another 1-2 majors just so she knocks Court off the top for good.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/NickKyrgios/status/1150210777162190848

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

fancyclown posted:

Swedish commentator and Thomas Enqvist on Eurosport just said something interesting. Like 80% of the crowd watching want Federer to win and that has made Djoko furious in the past. So far in this match he has kept his cool, he’s not a whiny bitch just yet.

Hopefully he soon goes back to his usual self and get 100% of the crowd against him.

Thing is the crowd being against him just fires him up eventually. The only match I remember that being a factor was the Wimbledon 2013 final, and that was against Murray. I think his insecurity about being liked is almost exclusively with regards to Federer and Nadal, so those are the matches where he digs in and fully adopts being the villain. He didn't have that with Murray at Wimbledon (i.e. he didn't take it personally the way he does with Fedal) so instead he just basically gave up.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Keep tennis, cancel Djokovic?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Schlub Husband posted:

Why is Djokovic so despised here? Don't get me wrong I want Federer to win but I don't follow tennis very closely and don't know where the hatred comes from. He kinda looks weird sometimes I guess.

There are a number of legitimate reasons to dislike Djokovic (Serbian nationalist who's made some ugly comments about Kosovo; is supportive of violent thug Gimelstob; plays fairly unexciting tennis; is insecure and desperate to be loved, which is a turnoff; is/was probably a doper - but they likely all are), but the biggest one is probably that he keeps beating the players people liked before he showed up.

I have never despised him, but he's always been my least favorite of the big 4, and his recent comments about the Gimelstob case were frankly disgusting and pushed my opinion of him into the gutter, for good.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Please just hold easily now.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I am miserable watching this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004