Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
drat Tremek. Glad everyone made it out okay, sorry to hear about your house and things.

RIP That AMG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I think it was this thread where one of our UK guys said he saw someone Mustang a friend's vintage Camaro into some innocent person's wall, is this it?
https://np.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/c8lr41/leaving_a_classic_car_vintage_rally_wcgw/

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

We're at Pequods in Chicago and this dude deadass just said "do you know who my father is?" when they told him there was a 2 hour wait for a table.

Hostess looked like she was having a stroke trying to keep her calm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxuPJfXhLHg

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Apparently if you let capitalism run insanely out of control, idiot billionaires drive the prices up on everything. Trickle down!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If I had $1 for every printer chat post that's happened in the last 2 pages, I could buy two printers!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Burnouts will be minimal and underwhelming.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Seems like a loving husband would get her a car that can up that number then.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Tremek posted:

Thanks, trying to figure out some normalcy, if it means bickering on SA then I guess that's a good problem to have.

re: truck, it looks like there's a whole host of tunes out there, and it appears a lot of guys like to upgrade their charge coolers ($$$) and add CAIs (questionable at best IMHO) and a tune to get the trucks to scoot more effectively.

Somewhat amusingly, the day after the fire the HPTuners MPVI v2 adapter I had ordered/upgraded to for the Mercedes showed up on the porch... I found it in the (small) pile of unopened packages last night and went and tried to do some datalogging briefly in the Raptor.

Looks like there's a good amount of knock retard happening; interestingly there's also wideband sensor(s?) built in so that's cool re: tuning, but I didn't dig into how to activate and capture those PIDs so I don't think they're in the screenshot below. Edit: looking again, it looks like they're represented by the WB Bank 0/1 lambda figures?

On the subject of KR, I don't know what gas the dealer filled it with before I drove off, and it's still at more than a half tank left, so I'm trying to not jump to conclusions and for the time being like to think they put 87 in it and it really wants 91 to run right.

I thought those things had V8's. Huh! Also I can't imagine a dealer not knowing to put top tier gas into top tier vehicles, even if it is limited to lovely 91. But I also can understand after the E63 why it might not feel as quick to you as it might to some...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Did you tell the PO about the situation? Maybe he'll sell you his (was it an R8 that he was supercharging next?) in a few years, the Raptor will be great tow vehicle to the track events.

Also I am stunned, STUNNED! I say! to learn that Raptor forums are an absolute shitshow. M3 forums are weirdly almost normal, but another comparison: This forum is the best forum for car (and anything) stuff ever, anywhere, and 'almost normal' is still a long way from the quality of posting we get here.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
There's an extremely cool and good "re-living" of the Apollo 11 launch using news footage and video from the period on the UK's Channel 4 - "Moon Landing Live" - looks like they'll be covering the subsequent events in that mission on a similar time schedule, with the lunar landing to be "broadcast" in a couple days as if the mission has been going on currently. (Tonight's episode is called Moon Launch Live)

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/moon-landing-live

e: Worth it for the helicopter pan shot of 200 VW camper vans alone:

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 14, 2019

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If a car's throttle feels too touchy to you it just means you need to drive it more because you're used to 75hp shitboxes and a week of driving even the hottest of rods will get you into the swing of avoiding pilot-induced oscillation. I had a feeling Tremek wasn't having an issue with too much acceleration after his last cars...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Thank goodness we don't have universal health care, she would have died

<checks daily mail website>
immediately, from a muslim knife attack while being facebook bullied

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

Guys. Guys. GUYS.

The first pic of the interior of the new mid-engined Corvette is out and it is an absolute button-frenzy disaster.

Ferrari gives the passenger a nice screen with a readout of speed and stuff. Corvette gives the passenger a lap full of miscellaneous control buttons. :911:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Meanwhile they're going to sell a $65k Camaro?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm surprised to learn that

a website posted:

The Dodge Challenger came in second place with 66,716 Challengers sold, an increase of 3-percent compared to 2017. The Camaro came in last with only 50,963 sold, a 25-percent drop from 2017.

Considering I see about that many of each every single day on the freeways of LA

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Five bucks the mythical under 60K Corvette will never actually exist because of "options" and then taxes. Wouldnt be surprised you probably wont be able to get one for less than 70 after the dealers so something stupid and mark them up either. Or more.

With that interior styling I won't be shocked to learn that is the price point for the "Corvette Berlinetta", a 4 cylinder model, and it only has 3 buttons on the meter-of-buttons strip of 45 buttons the $220k ZR-1 gets.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If Chevrolet is somehow the single company on the planet that hasn't noticed there's shitloads of super rich people with no sense of value on anything and are somehow selling a flagship rival to a McLaren or entry-level Ferrari for 1/3rd the price, good for them. I'm over here looking at the chart "How capitalism actually works" and not holding my breath.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

ive read this like nine times and it's not coming any closer to making sense

Sorry to hear that friend, it's not that complicated. BRB buying a $1000 monitor stand

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm saying that this hope we're going back to the 1990's for pricepoints is optimistic but maybe I'm wrong and GM hates their shareholders. :shrug:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

InitialDave posted:

For anyone following the Apollo 11 50th anniversary stuff, it's about 10 minutes from the moment of landing.
I watched this 20 minutes later than live and... god drat. This was amazing to a jaded 2019'er who's seen 45 years, 25 of it internet-based.

That must have been just mindblowing to see live in 1969. It nearly brought me to tears thinking about what we as a nation accomplished when "Library Card Catalogs" was the highlight of our technology tree - and then threw away through being shitheaded right-wing cunts the last 40 years. At least billionaires get tax cuts, I guess.

Time to play some Kerbal Space Pogrom to own the libs

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Buy an M3

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Just don't tell her about the Yard o' Buttons

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I also don't like raisins but do like pineapple on pizza. Mods??

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Adiabatic posted:

Mods hate raisins and love pineapple pizza

:hf:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UaRFKQLXl8

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

MomJeans420 posted:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just found out about it so I don't think it's been in the chat. If you were affected by the Equifax data breach, you can collect $125 or 10 years of credit monitoring (or more if you spent time/money in response to the breach).

File a claim here

See if you were affected here

Verify the above URLs before you type in all your personal info here

It honestly sounded like some dumb facebook copy/paste scam to me, but when it's on the FTC's web site I'm going to assume it's real. I used to be involved in big class actions and honestly I think they're scams that gently caress over the individual and enrich the lawyers, but in this case $125 out of nowhere from a company no one likes seems worth the 3 minutes it took me to fill out the form.

This link is my favorite part of this:
https://www.jndla.com/privacy-policy

We'll definitely keep your data safe except for the times we didn't, please enter more data

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Dem's better get their poo poo together and unify to oust Cheeto in Chief.
Hahahahahaha. RIP America if we're counting on Decorum Grandma & the rest of the collaborators to save us from fascism. poo poo is finished, live it up while you can.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The banks stole a trillion dollars from us 12 years ago and I'm still waiting on charges to be filed, so by the time I'm 97 years old congressional Dems might have workshopped a stern commentary on how Trump Is Being A Bad Guy

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

NB is best Miata, imo. A good bit more refined than an NA, but still raw in comparison to most other cars out there. The only thing missing is the barn doors.

I hope that my car search is over, too. I'm getting a check cut tomorrow and supposed to meet the guy, saw the car and drove it yesterday, but not saying anything because I've had my chain jerked a half-dozen times in the last month. When it's in the garage, I'll consider the deal done.

Refined Miatas are a oxymoron. Buy an NA and die in a collision with a cat, like a man.

Also: Once Upon a Time In Hollywood is Tarantino's best movie since Pulp Fiction

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
tfw you re-read S.E. Hinton's "The Outsiders" for the 20th time since you first read it at 12 and realize you're now older than Ponyboy's (age 14 in the book) dead parents were when they died in the car wreck. Sorry for the spoiler. Time loving flies.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
What's the best place to buy a car battery these days? Costco?

My NA Miata needs a new one and I don't want to spend a ton of money and had a ridiculous experience the last time I went to Autozone for a battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Thanks for the battery advice guys.